Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by CrzyCanuck »

what happens when you have both Myers and Tyramkin out on the ice?

We call them the Twin Towers?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 pm what happens when you have both Myers and Tyramkin out on the ice?

Mëds will be beside himself
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 pm what happens when you have both Myers and Tyramkin out on the ice?

Mëds towers over those guys without skates
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:39 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Mëds towers over those guys without skates
Put Mëds on the ice
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm Put Mëds on the ice
He’s too tall
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ESQ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:15 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:47 pm This is a great gamble/great signing. Ignitowski is having himself a really good summer so far. Just curious to see the next move(s). I’d trade Baertschi long before Tanev with the playoffs looking like it’s a semi realistic goal. Sutter and Loui will need something added to either of them to move. They xxn bury Schaller but will need some more space.

There is an internet rumour of Gardiner coming here. Seems a bit sketchy but that would entail some salaries being flushed out.
Blob is proving that he is out of the urine crew, and can acknowledge good moves while still criticizing bad moves.

Meanwhile, MS is explaining why Brandon Tanev is a way better player than Ferland :lol: :lol:
Happy for that, historically Blob is one of the best reads on here except when he gets on to beating the already dead horse.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:31 pm
ESQ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:15 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:47 pm This is a great gamble/great signing. Ignitowski is having himself a really good summer so far. Just curious to see the next move(s). I’d trade Baertschi long before Tanev with the playoffs looking like it’s a semi realistic goal. Sutter and Loui will need something added to either of them to move. They xxn bury Schaller but will need some more space.

There is an internet rumour of Gardiner coming here. Seems a bit sketchy but that would entail some salaries being flushed out.
Blob is proving that he is out of the urine crew, and can acknowledge good moves while still criticizing bad moves.

Meanwhile, MS is explaining why Brandon Tanev is a way better player than Ferland :lol: :lol:
Happy for that, historically Blob is one of the best reads on here except when he gets on to beating the already dead horse.
Blob was never in the urine crew
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:33 pm Blob was never in the urine crew
You are now
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:33 pm Blob was never in the urine crew
You are now
How so?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This is getting scary. The board is moving towards consensus.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From NHL.com today.

EDINA, Minn. -- Brock Boeser said he is excited about the new players being added to the Vancouver Canucks roster for this season -- he just wants to be a part of it.

Boeser, a restricted free agent, and the Canucks have not agreed to terms on a new contract.

"I feel confident we're going to get the deal done and everything's going to work out," the 22-year-old forward said Wednesday at Da Beauty League, a 3-on-3 summer league started by his agent, Ben Hankinson. "I love Vancouver. The organization, the city, the fans, everything's great there, and I want to be there for a long time."

[RELATED: NHL Free Agent tracker | Top unsigned restricted free agents]

The Canucks signed former Carolina Hurricanes forward Micheal Ferland to a four-year, $14 million contract (average annual value of $3.5 million) earlier in the day. They also acquired forward J.T. Miller from the Tampa Bay Lightning in a trade June 22 and added defensemen Tyler Myers (six years, $30 millon) and Jordie Benn (two years, $4 million) in free agency July 1.

"[Vancouver is] spending a lot of money and they're making the team better, which is great, and Brock wants a piece of that pie too," Hankinson said. "We have to figure out how big of a piece he gets. The big things are, is it a one-year deal or an eight-year deal? And we're working to hit that sweet spot.

"We are open to anything. We just have to go through the process a little more. There's a lot of back and forth, a lot of pounding your head against the wall from our side and their side. We just haven't gotten there yet."

Boeser is not eligible for an offer sheet from another team under the collective bargaining agreement because he played fewer than 10 games in 2016-17.

Boeser had 56 points (26 goals, 30 assists) in 69 games last season after he had 55 (29 goals, 26 assists) in 62 games as an NHL rookie in 2017-18, when a back injury sustained March 5 ended his season. He missed 13 games early last season with a groin injury.

Boeser said he's aware his injury history might be hindering contract negotiations but is confident he'll be healthy this season.

"I've gotten a full summer of training in and feel way better than I did last year at this time," he said. "Compared to last summer, around this time was my first skate in four or five months. I've already skated probably 20 times this year, so it's nice to feel confident in myself and get a full summer of training in."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I thought we had that in Pedan-Tryamkin or Tryamkin-Guddy. Unfortunately, those combos didn't really work out. I always felt mgmt decided to give up on Pedan a bit too early when they shipped him out for a skilled guy in Pooalot. Tryamkin then didn't stay around long enuff to see if he could have jelled with Guddy.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 pm From NHL.com today.

EDINA, Minn. -- Brock Boeser said he is excited about the new players being added to the Vancouver Canucks roster for this season -- he just wants to be a part of it.

Boeser, a restricted free agent, and the Canucks have not agreed to terms on a new contract.

"I feel confident we're going to get the deal done and everything's going to work out," the 22-year-old forward said Wednesday at Da Beauty League, a 3-on-3 summer league started by his agent, Ben Hankinson. "I love Vancouver. The organization, the city, the fans, everything's great there, and I want to be there for a long time."
This is an extremely difficult contract to get right. Or maybe it can't be done right, right now.

There is no taking sides because everyone wants basically the same thing.

Two years sample's size, in a perfect, or near perfect, circumstance, should have been enough to at least project.

Hard to do when a player takes an injury; a back injury, that halted the last quarter of his first season and effected almost a third of his second.

If Vancouver hadn't had to make major improvements to the roster and if there wasn't the now older contracts that, well, stink a bit, :(

I could see this player in the 7 for 7 range. Yes, maybe even 7.5 or 8 in this new NHL era.

Even so, that would still be gambling at this point. BB needs a healthy 75-80+ point season. to garner those numbers.

But those numbers are not sensibly available at the moment, though they maybe a little later.

Seeing plenty of ifs and maybes and difficults? Ya.

One thing is certain from my point of view. Do Not let it fester through camp and all the way to the regular season.

Do a one or two. Work out a longer one and pray something stinky goes bye-bye. Just don't let the nylander bullshit happen.

It wont because Brock is too much a team guy already to let that happen. Why he should have Sutter's A.

But through all of this, at least Benning has had the advantage of looking 600 miles to the north east to tell him how not to F.U.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I hope he doesnt sign til just before training camp...watching mick wring his hands like this is getting more entertaining the longer it goes :lol:

Mick...holy fuck what if someone offer sheets him? Minny! They looove him....Do we take the picks?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Fortunately he can't be offer sheeted. Not sure the team would have went about spending this close to the cap if he could be.
There are no worries there. Just the worries of not going through training camp with the team.
Don't be misled though. He may be among my favorite 3 players on the team; ok, maybeeeeeee 1st, doesn't mean he gets any free passes.
If he's not wanting to be in a whale, (OR Any other concocted logo) for vancouver, I will personally drive him to the airport, whiles't pulling
him by the flow.
"evolution"