2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by ESQ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm

SKYO wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm
Sabres acquire Henri Jokiharju from the Blackhawks for Alexander Nylander.

Their defense is killer.

Dahlin Montour
McCabe Miller
Scandella Jokiharju

They'll be trading Risto for a forward soon.

The only thing they are kinda weak on is center depth experience.
They have cap space, Risto is their priciest D currently.

That's a player I'd package Virtanen+ with Loui to acquire. Loui would maaaaaaybe be their 2nd-best LW.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14769
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Lollollolololo

Botterill doesn’t want Loui.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7245
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Uncle dans leg » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:47 pm

ESQ wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm
SKYO wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm
Sabres acquire Henri Jokiharju from the Blackhawks for Alexander Nylander.

Their defense is killer.

Dahlin Montour
McCabe Miller
Scandella Jokiharju

They'll be trading Risto for a forward soon.

The only thing they are kinda weak on is center depth experience.
They have cap space, Risto is their priciest D currently.

That's a player I'd package Virtanen+ with Loui to acquire. Loui would maaaaaaybe be their 2nd-best LW.
How about...

the Pod and Loui for Risto?

8-)
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 20672
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:47 pm
ESQ wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm
SKYO wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm
Sabres acquire Henri Jokiharju from the Blackhawks for Alexander Nylander.

Their defense is killer.

Dahlin Montour
McCabe Miller
Scandella Jokiharju

They'll be trading Risto for a forward soon.

The only thing they are kinda weak on is center depth experience.
They have cap space, Risto is their priciest D currently.

That's a player I'd package Virtanen+ with Loui to acquire. Loui would maaaaaaybe be their 2nd-best LW.
How about...

the Pod and Loui for Risto?

8-)
I think Jimmy will unload Loui on Ottawa/Carolina

... and use the cap-space to pull the trigger on his big Risto trade.

Edler - Risto
Hughes - Myers


*wood*
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7245
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Uncle dans leg » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm

That wood be a damn fine top 6.

What goes thataway is the worry
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2283
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Lancer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 pm

ESQ wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm
SKYO wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm
Sabres acquire Henri Jokiharju from the Blackhawks for Alexander Nylander.

Their defense is killer.

Dahlin Montour
McCabe Miller
Scandella Jokiharju

They'll be trading Risto for a forward soon.

The only thing they are kinda weak on is center depth experience.
They have cap space, Risto is their priciest D currently.

That's a player I'd package Virtanen+ with Loui to acquire. Loui would maaaaaaybe be their 2nd-best LW.
Sutter more like if Benning adds a sweetener like Goldobin.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4772
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:47 pm
ESQ wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm
SKYO wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm
Sabres acquire Henri Jokiharju from the Blackhawks for Alexander Nylander.

Their defense is killer.

Dahlin Montour
McCabe Miller
Scandella Jokiharju

They'll be trading Risto for a forward soon.

The only thing they are kinda weak on is center depth experience.
They have cap space, Risto is their priciest D currently.

That's a player I'd package Virtanen+ with Loui to acquire. Loui would maaaaaaybe be their 2nd-best LW.
How about...

the Pod and Loui for Risto?

8-)
I think Jimmy will unload Loui on Ottawa/Carolina

... and use the cap-space to pull the trigger on his big Risto trade.

Edler - Risto
Hughes - Myers


*wood*
If he does this I will start a go fund me campaign to build him a bronze statue, if he wins the cup I will have it gold plated.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7245
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Uncle dans leg » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Gold coloured plastic like the kleenex box cover in your corollas back window?
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7952
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by micky107 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:53 am

.
If Louis gets to play on another new team, a lil better start night be judicious.

Image

"evolution"

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4772
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Gold coloured plastic like the kleenex box cover in your corollas back window?
Hey - I have leather seats man - don't knock my 120 hp Corolla.

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Cherry Picker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:20 am
Bump a third time. All summer goals achieved pending Boeser signing. Now we can give Benning an A+.
Cherry Picker wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:57 pm
Cherry Picker wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:54 am
New Player Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat New Player
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel (IR) Motte Beagle Sutter
Leivo

Schaller Granlund Ericksson
Goldobin Spooner


Tanev Hughes
Stecher Hutton or Edler
New Player Sautner
Biega or Schenn Juolevi

Pouliot

Markstrom
Demko
Just need to get rid of those three red names.
Cherry Picker wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:54 am
MILLER Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat FERLAND
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel (IR) Motte Beagle Sutter
Leivo

Schaller Ericksson Goldobin

Tanev EDLER
MYERS Hughes
Stecher BENN
Biega Fantenburg, Sautner or Juolevi

Markstrom
Demko
I am also satisfied with the Utica depth on D and in goal. But I am still worried about the forward depth if the Canucks get a string of injuries up front. Baertschi and Ferland have concussion issues. I don’t mind Leivo jumping up to a bottom six spot, but after that there is little proven depth until Roussel returns, maybe MacEwan, Lind, Gadjovich, Bouchard??? Just not a lot of forward depth down there. But If they stay relatively healthy, as shown above, I’d say Benning did what he had to do this summer to allow the team to compete for a playoff spot.
We are all Jim Benning.

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Cherry Picker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Yah the Canucks are fine if Goldobin doesn’t sign for much or goes to the KHL, at least until Roussel is healthy, but someone else is probably hurt by then so it likely won’t matter. No need for trades where they give up something or salary dumps at the moment. Here’s the roster with Eriksson, but switching him out for Biega and sending him to Utica should not affect the cap much.

ROSTER SIZE 23
Salary Cap $81,500,000 Cap Hit $79,458,204

Ferland $3,500,000 Pettersson $925,000 Boeser $7,000,000
Pearson $3,750,000 Horvat $5,500,000 Miller $5,250,000
Baertschi $3,366,666 Gaudette $916,666 Virtanen $1,250,000
Motte $975,000 Beagle $3,000,000 Sutter $4,375,000
Leivo $1,500,000 Eriksson $6,000,000

Edler $6,000,000 Tanev $4,450,000
Hughes $916,666 Myers $6,000,000
Benn $2,000,000 Stecher $2,325,000
Fantenberg $850,000

Markström $3,666,667
Demko $1,050,000

IR Roussel $3,000,000

Free Agent Signings
Boeser $7,000,000. This should be really high if it is only a four year contract.
Buyouts
Spooner: $1,033,333
Recapture Fees
Luongo: $3,033,206
Buried
Schaller: $825,000 ($1,900,000)
We are all Jim Benning.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7245
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Uncle dans leg » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 pm

I dont think you can write off roussel to the IR til the season starts.
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Cherry Picker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 pm
I dont think you can write off roussel to the IR til the season starts.
That sounds right but I don’t think they need to claim a full 23 man roster either, so not all the young players need to count against the cap if they don’t have to clear waivers. I believe they can get away with leaving Hughes, Gaudette, and Pettersson off the roster for cap purposes on the initial day, maybe Boeser, too? Anyway, I think the roster above would work to start the season and then Roussel would go on IR right away and the kids get added to the roster. Does that sound right?
We are all Jim Benning.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7245
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Uncle dans leg » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 pm
I dont think you can write off roussel to the IR til the season starts.
That sounds right but I don’t think they need to claim a full 23 man roster either, so not all the young players need to count against the cap if they don’t have to clear waivers. I believe they can get away with leaving Hughes, Gaudette, and Pettersson off the roster for cap purposes on the initial day, maybe Boeser, too? Anyway, I think the roster above would work to start the season and then Roussel would go on IR right away and the kids get added to the roster. Does that sound right?
Fuck i dunno lol...

As far as i know unless theyre officially in utica they count against the cap.
nobody focks...with the jesus

Post Reply