Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:29 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 pm I want a peek into that alternate reality where they win that game 7 and actually beat boston in 2011.

Does the dude still troll there or does that one extra win silence all the noise?

I'm gonna rip a fattie and see if i can answer that question
Answer: We're all still drunk and happy. Blob and the Dude keep high fiving each other. Doc is pleasant to everyone.
That last part just goes to show you how implausible that alternate reality would be.
Show me DonCherry4PM... SHOW US ALL... how to be "pleasant"! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:58 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:13 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:54 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:47 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:45 pm Hey only i troll dude with gillis crap this openly
:shock:

Trolling is a sin Danny... REPENT!!
I cant help it.

Hes so obsessed after his skulleting that i have no self control. Its like a car wreck..
Y'know, the Dude said during the entire Gillis Era that Evil Eye Bags was ruining the team for the future.

No one would listen to him then... so I can't blame him for now saying 'I told you so' to guys like Blob.

Anyway, back to your uncontrollable sin, we may have to cast a demon out of you my friend.
Gillis destroyed the team to five straight playoff runs.
Ummm... what part of "for the future" did you not understand. 8-)

For all those years the Dude was all over Evil Eye Bags for his horrid drafting.

(as well as pissing away draft picks in some bad trades).

People (such as yourself) were too blinded by the playoff runs to see he was right.

So now he says "told ya so" a lot... sounds fair enough to me. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 pm Image
The power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you...
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:29 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 pm I want a peek into that alternate reality where they win that game 7 and actually beat boston in 2011.

Does the dude still troll there or does that one extra win silence all the noise?

I'm gonna rip a fattie and see if i can answer that question
Answer: We're all still drunk and happy. Blob and the Dude keep high fiving each other. Doc is pleasant to everyone.
That last part just goes to show you how implausible that alternate reality would be.
Show me DonCherry4PM... SHOW US ALL... how to be "pleasant"! :lol:
That was me being "pleasant". :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:16 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:45 pm Hey only i troll dude with gillis crap this openly

I cant help it.

Hes so obsessed after his skulleting that i have no self control. Its like a car wreck..
Y'know, the Dude said during the entire Gillis Era that Evil Eye Bags was ruining the team for the future.

No one would listen to him then... so I can't blame him for now saying 'I told you so' to guys like Blob.

Anyway, back to your uncontrollable sin, we may have to cast a demon out of you my friend.

For all those years the Dude was all over Evil Eye Bags for his horrid drafting.

People (such as yourself) were too blinded by the playoff runs to see he was right.

Gillis drafted poorly... no doubt about it. But the current manager has also pissed away picks. The double standard is what people LOL at our skulletted friend about.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Podkozlin, Hoglander, Miller, Myers and now Ferland? Is there no stopping of the genius this off season? Best Canuck GM of all time

MS, your thoughts?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I cant help it.

Isnt Benning doing exactly the same now that his team is knocking on the door? Trading 1sts...selling tomorrow for today?

Its how its done in the bush
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:02 pm Podkozlin, Hoglander, Miller, Myers and now Ferland? Is there no stopping of the genius this off season? Best Canuck GM of all time

MS, your thoughts?
That is fracking funny.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:14 pm Or Hamhuis, or Tanev... or Horvat or Lack ... so the manager gets no credit for re-signing guys that are there.. or do they? The twins, Bieksa, Edler etc.
Wait, are you talking about Gillis getting credit for Burke's/nonis's acquisitions?

Or about Benning getting credit for Burke/Nonis acquisitions?

Out of the Gillis acquisitions you named the 4th-best is Eddie Lack, if that doesn't say it all...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Should I stop pointing out Gillis’ major fuck ups (so many) or should I stay the course?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 pm Should I stop pointing out Gillis’ major fuck ups (so many) or should I stay the course?
#itsallgilisfault
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:43 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:14 pm Or Hamhuis, or Tanev... or Horvat or Lack ... so the manager gets no credit for re-signing guys that are there.. or do they? The twins, Bieksa, Edler etc.
Wait, are you talking about Gillis getting credit for Burke's/nonis's acquisitions?

Or about Benning getting credit for Burke/Nonis acquisitions?

Out of the Gillis acquisitions you named the 4th-best is Eddie Lack, if that doesn't say it all...
I could have listed the guys he inherited and re-upped to give Elmer that playoff team. I only listed a few of his acquisitions. I was asking about the statute because Topper said that Benning deserved credit for Boston’s recent success after I said he didn’t have much to do with acquiring the team’s core both young and old and that the drafting was garbage when he was there. This is all easily accessible online. Topper said he deserved credit for helping to re-up players to solid contracts and identifying the core( similar to what Gillis did).

The whole thing stemmed from Dick’s erroneous info that Benning was the brains behind Lucic, Kessel, Narchand and Rask. I blew that full of holes and here we are.

At what point is the GM the steward of the team and when do fans stop crying about the previous guy? I don’t remember Nonis taking this much heat for Patrick White or pissing a gaggle of 2nds for guys like Weinrich, Noronen or other guys.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I really miss laughing at cheeseburger nonis. He totally looked like randy bobandy :lol:

Why wouldnt you do anything in your power to not look like that? Same with Jason Kenney...
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I cant help it.

THANK-YOU

It’s like spy V spy

I totally remember the day the dude and blob switched hats. That day when Gillis was fired.

Boy that seems like decades ago now...
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 pm I really miss laughing at cheeseburger nonis. He totally looked like randy bobandy :lol:

Why wouldnt you do anything in your power to not look like that? Same with Jason Kenney...
:lol:

About Kenney, though, nah... he's like Fred Flintstone. Peter van Loan looked like a grey-haired Barney Rubble. Used to get a kick out of those two standing together during the Harper years.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.