The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:03 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm Karlsson is better than Tavares
Arguable. He isn't nearly as good since his injury.
It’s not arguable. Before he was way better. Now he’s just better
I worry about signing a guy for a massive contract with half an ankle.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 pm Enjoy your 5 years of Matthews Tuna. When he’s 26 he will be playing for the Coyotes :lol: it’s been his dream growing up in Arizona to be a Coyote
Matthews will sign an 8 year extension. Toronto will have an entire year to offer him a massive deal he can't turn down. The Coyotee fantasy bombed on you with the summer offersheet predictions. The cap will be 100+ million.
I don't think anyone expected the Leaves to let Matthews walk. We expected an offer sheet that screw up the Leaves' cap.

It worked out far better for Arizona, who can now wait 5 short years and get him in his prime for nothing.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 pm Enjoy your 5 years of Matthews Tuna. When he’s 26 he will be playing for the Coyotes :lol: it’s been his dream growing up in Arizona to be a Coyote
Matthews will sign an 8 year extension. Toronto will have an entire year to offer him a massive deal he can't turn down. The Coyotee fantasy bombed on you with the summer offersheet predictions. The cap will be 100+ million.
I don't think anyone expected the Leaves to let Matthews walk. We expected an offer sheet that screw up the Leaves' cap.

It worked out far better for Arizona, who can now wait 5 short years and get him in his prime for nothing.
So you feel Arizona can afford to wait 5 years and will get a new arena, not move to Houston, start winning, and stop losing 50 million a season?
The reality is, the summer of 2019 was the perfect time. They can't afford to wait 5 years. They are absolutely screwed.

Toronto can offer Matthews guaranteed crazy $ that he does not have to wait a year for (And risk injury) and he signs. End of story.
This Arizona fantasy should be put to bed, atleast untIl they start winning And losing millions.

Why do vast majority of players stay with their teams? Because they are offered a massive deal almost a full year before they become UFA.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Lol when did Jim Balsillie start taking deposits in Hamilton? 2009? Ten years of people saying the team was moving - any day now, I guess.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:14 pm Lol when did Jim Balsillie start taking deposits in Hamilton? 2009? Ten years of people saying the team was moving - any day now, I guess.
Nashville's revenues vastly increased. That's not occurring in Arizona. It's been 22 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Balsillie tried to buy Phoenix after that declared bankruptcy in 2009.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 am Balsillie tried to buy Phoenix after that declared bankruptcy in 2009.
If you guys want to continue with thsi fantasy, go ahead. I will believe they are a place people want to sign with when they start winning and stop losing $. They are a worthless, irrelevant, nothing franchise.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

William “$7 million” Nylander - 3 goals 28 games
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:33 pm William “$7 million” Nylander - 3 goals 28 games
8 points in his last 9 games.

This idea that contract is just the worst and Nylander is no good will not age well. Better stop there.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Another great game from Nylander. Toronto will have 3 great lines in the playoffs.

6.9 is milions too much you say? HAHAHA. Kid would have gotten 80+ points this year. He actually should have signed a bridge deal and would have made more long-term.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

William “making $10 million this season” NILander - 3 goals in 29 games

In Toronto’s 6-3 win last night NILander recorded 1 assist and was 13th in Minutes played for Toronto. Only 5 other players played less minutes than NILander

Elias Pettersson - 26 goals 27 assists in 48 games
Auston Matthews - 27 goals 26 assists 43 games
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:51 am William “making $10 million this season” NILander - 3 goals in 29 games

In Toronto’s 6-3 win last night NILander recorded 1 assist and was 13th in Minutes played for Toronto. Only 5 other players played less minutes than NILander
No one cares. It doesn't hurt their cap. They got him on a very good deal.

And if you followed my complaints about Toronto, what have I told you? Mike Babcock does not play his best players enough minutes. Hyman playing much more does not make him better than Nylander. That's the coach.

And for proof of this: Matthews is on a 43 goal, 84 point pace this year in only 68 games and he's not top 80 in NHL TOI. Yes, you read that right. He's not top 80. Guy has a 1.28 PPG average.

Muzzin is 5th in TOI among D since the trade on the leaves. Mike Babcock is insane. That trade was supposed to push Hainey down in minutes.

Another stat: Since late November, Andreas Johnsson is one of the top NHL scorers 5 on 5. What has Babcock been doing? Playing him on the 4th line. Does that prove Johnsson is worse than his useless boytoy Zack Hyman or the corpse of Patrick Marlreau? No.

It's frustrating as a Leaf fan not seeing the best lineup on the ice every night.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:56 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:51 am William “making $10 million this season” NILander - 3 goals in 29 games

And if you followed my complaints about Toronto, what have I told you? Mike Babcock does not play his best players enough minutes. Hyman playing much more does not make him better than Nylander. That's the coach.

And for proof of this: Matthews is on a 43 goal, 84 point pace this year in only 68 games and he's not top 80 in NHL TOI. Yes, you read that right. He's not top 80. Guy has a 1.28 PPG average.

Muzzin is 5th in TOI among D since the trade on the Leaves. Mike Babcock is insane. That trade was supposed to push Hainey down in minutes.

Another stat: Since late November, Andreas Johnsson is one of the top NHL scorers 5 on 5. What has Babcock been doing? Playing him on the 4th line. Does that prove Johnsson is worse than his useless boytoy Zack Hyman or the corpse of Patrick Marlreau? No.
Should fellow countryman Pettersson give $7 million NILander and his 3 goals some tips on how to score?

NILander 1 assist in a 6-3 win by the Leaves. 13th in time on ice. Only 5 other players played less

Apparently he was a superstar last night

Babcock is ruining him apparently

Pettersson - 1 goal 1 assist last night and a shoot out goal

Gaudette - 1 goal 1 assist

Boeser - 1 goal and a shootout goal

Boeser - 20 goals 19 assists - 46 games
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 am

Muzzin is 5th in TOI among D since the trade on the Leaves. Mike Babcock is insane. That trade was supposed to push Hainey down in minutes.

Should fellow countryman Pettersson give $7 million NILander and his 3 goals some tips on how to score?

NILander 1 assist in a 6-3 win by the Leaves. 13th in time on ice. Only 5 other players played less

It's not like I pulled this complaint out of my @ss. I was yelling about thsi last year.

You feel Zack Hyman, Patrick Marleau and Connor Brown are much better because they are playing more right now? Because please, if you like them so much, take them on the Canucks. They are 3rd and 4th lien players playing too much. Nylander is a 1st lien winger.
Last edited by BigTuna on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 am

It's not like I pulled this complaint out of my @ss. I was yelling about thsi last year.

You feel Zack Hyman, Patrick Marleau and Connor Brown are much better because they are playing more right now?
They are playing more because the coach can rely on them. Nylander has always been a lazy player and for that will be in and out Babcocks doghouse

Nylander should watch video on Pettersson to learn how to play a 200’ game.