Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:28 am To be honest it’s all been downhill for Ferland since the 2015 playoffs when it comes to terrorizing. He was just a punk full of beans shot out of a cannon in 2015. He’s settled down quite like all new hit machine young punks, unsustainable career playing that way, not too mention a few cagey veterans setting him in his place over time
He still plays a tough game but concussions seemed to have slowed him down. Maybe MacEwan can be a bit of a holy terror for Vancouver though I don’t think he has quite that chutzpah or the appetite for it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:31 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:28 am To be honest it’s all been downhill for Ferland since the 2015 playoffs when it comes to terrorizing. He was just a punk full of beans shot out of a cannon in 2015. He’s settled down quite like all new hit machine young punks, unsustainable career playing that way, not too mention a few cagey veterans setting him in his place over time
He still plays a tough game but concussions seemed to have slowed him down. Maybe MacEwan can be a bit of a holy terror for Vancouver though I don’t think he has quite that chutzpah or the appetite for it.
I worry about signing those types of players to big contracts who play that game, it’s been proven to be unsustainable style to play - Clarkson, Lucic, Lapiointe, Peca etc
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

UFA is all but done, (almost); Now RFA grabs the spotlight.....

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... -nhl-teams
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Aho's offer sheet was "officially" matched, today, so Montreal would have been barred from any new offer sheets until now.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 am Aho's offer sheet was "officially" matched, today, so Montreal would have been barred from any new offer sheets until now.
So does Montreal turn their heads to Marner?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Epic
‏@Hockey_Epic

@TheFourthPeriod on Sportsnet reports that Laine’s camp is looking at a contract around 10M. Says Habs are far in talks to trade for Laine or offer sheet him. Bergevin and Cheveldayoff are good friends so could avoid the offer sheet route but if that fails, OS could be an option.
4:27 PM - 5 Jul 2019
And this is two days old and still sounds just as ridiculous. Is Laine worth 10?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm Do we have the pieces to pull off a trade for Ryan O'Reilly? I like this player.
:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm Do we have the pieces to pull off a trade for Ryan O'Reilly? I like this player.
Adjustments. I am not stagnant like you. I applaud when Benning proves me wrong, you? You don’t (Vilardi, Konecny, Wise etc), you just would rather be stuck on the Turtle and Guds, whom you liked at first. Did you make adjustments on Hamonic and Guds and Shinkaruk (the book isn’t written) and Eddie Lack?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am
Adjustments. I am not stagnant like you. I applaud when Benning proves me wrong, you? You don’t (Vilardi, Konecny, Wise etc), you just would rather be stuck on the Turtle and Guds, whom you liked at first. Did you make adjustments on Hamonic and Guds and Shinkaruk (the book isn’t written) and Eddie Lack?
You loved him then hated him now what?

You said the Blues got fucked in that trade. Now how do you feel about the guy? You said he was garbage.

That’s a flip, flop, flip again?

It’s one thing to recalculate an opinion once. It’s another to do it multiple times. :lol:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

micky107 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:25 am
Hockey Epic
‏@Hockey_Epic

@TheFourthPeriod on Sportsnet reports that Laine’s camp is looking at a contract around 10M. Says Habs are far in talks to trade for Laine or offer sheet him. Bergevin and Cheveldayoff are good friends so could avoid the offer sheet route but if that fails, OS could be an option.
4:27 PM - 5 Jul 2019
And this is two days old and still sounds just as ridiculous. Is Laine worth 10?
Definitely not.

If he's hoping for a big offer sheet, I don't even think he'll get one above $8.5 mil and the 2x1st/2nd/3rd compensation.

If they're as far apart as they seem, I wonder if Laine is being shopped.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not a fan of Laine. A one trick pony. Outside of his shot there is nothing about his game that impresses me
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm Not a fan of Laine. A one trick pony. Outside of his shot there is nothing about his game that impresses me
What about ROR?

The Blues really got bent over in that trade didn’t they? :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm Not a fan of Laine. A one trick pony. Outside of his shot there is nothing about his game that impresses me
What about ROR?

ROaR was a real tiger in Buffalo. A fickle player who was also known for his fickley fickleness in Colorado as well. Nobody knows what makes ROaR tick. St Louis did, but in Buffalo, he sucked your Gandmas saggy ass tit
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:40 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 pm
What about ROR?

ROaR was a real tiger in Buffalo. A fickle player who was also known for his fickley fickleness in Colorado as well. Nobody knows what makes ROaR tick. St Louis did, but in Buffalo, he sucked your Gandmas saggy ass tit
But you loved him. Then you hated him. What now?

Blame him for poor teams in Colorado and Buffalo.

Makes perfect sense. :roll: St Louis sure got boned :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tiger is shitty on shitty teams but good on good teams? Then what da fuck why did Buffalo pay him the big bucks for?