The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:17 pm Holy fuck is that for real? Hes in what...his 2nd year and already is whining about linemates?

Team killing attitude right there.

Oh well Tuna...look on the bright side. If he's already a team destroying prick, management likely looks at unloading their problem child faster than if he was pretending to enjoy living in that shithole.

The NEXT rebuild will be better buddy...dontchoo worry :thumbs:
Yup, Auston figures it's all about Auston.

Just like Willy figures it's all about Willy.

And Mitch figures it's all about Mitch.

I figure they caught that disease from Captain Turncoat Tavares.

Prez Shanny, who once signed a high-priced offersheet, didn't help matters when he said in the press:

"These guys need to give discounts, we only want players who want to be here!" :lol:

Was it Dubas or Shanny calling the shots when Leaves said "No" to Marner's $8.5M X 8 yrs last summer?

No matter, just as long as they're fucked up beyond all repair, that's all we really care about amirite...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

You’re right Doc!!
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol it’s Steve Simmons ffs

I hate the Leaves as much as anyone but that’s where we are now? Saying all their players are selfish etc. We have much better insults than that. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Image Image
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Barrie, Muzzin and Ceci all UFA’s next July. Barrie is said to be demanding an 8 year $8 Million per contract next July. Lol, oh Kyle Dubas, lol, you’re the best.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:36 pm Lol it’s Steve Simmons ffs
This Simmons article is just the latest from a bunch of sources in a long line of the Trouble in Paradise variety..

Leafers hate Simmons because he's the only one in Pigtown who has the nards to criticize the Leaves/players.

As for this latest bit about AM not liking KK, many Leafers confirmed this on the HFLeaves board.

Apparently Matthews doesn't hide his feelings out there and you could see his disdain for KK on the ice.

Also found this: https://twitter.com/_nickrichard/status ... 5448095744

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:36 pm I hate the Leaves as much as anyone but that’s where we are now? Saying all their players are selfish etc. We have much better insults than that. :lol:
The four forwards mentioned have proven themselves to be selfish by their actions.

(admittedly some of it could be them rebelling against the Shanny/Dumbass hardball)

But they are selfish and the truth does hurt... right Tuna? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am Barrie, Muzzin and Ceci all UFA’s next July. Barrie is said to be demanding an 8 year $8 Million per contract next July. Lol, oh Kyle Dubas, lol, you’re the best.
leaves have 26 million in cap space next season. Let me guess, the argument is they will lose Muzzin and Barrie because they have no cap room? LOL
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:40 am Image
STILL going on about fantasy offersheets?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:27 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am Barrie, Muzzin and Ceci all UFA’s next July. Barrie is said to be demanding an 8 year $8 Million per contract next July. Lol, oh Kyle Dubas, lol, you’re the best.
Leaves have 26 million in cap space next season. Let me guess, the argument is they will lose Muzzin and Barrie because they have no cap room? LOL
You didn’t answer the question - are they giving Barrie the 8 year $8 Million per year contract his camp is demanding? He will turn 29 next years July 26? 8 years $8 Million per year
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Leaves have 26 million in cap space next season. Let me guess, the argument is they will lose Muzzin and Barrie because they have no cap room? LOL
Well they may or may not. That $26M in cap room comes with no Mitch Marner and only one defenseman signed.

So if you keep Marner, and it's anything north of $10M (which it certainly will be) that $26M becomes less than $16M. Last I checked you aren't going to ice a quality NHL blueline with $16M. Give Barrie his ask and you'll be staring at $8M between 4 guys. Last I checked reliable top-4 defensemen in the NHL don't come for less than $5M anymore, unless they are on ELC's. I guess you better be hoping that Sandin and Liljegren make the jump this year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

- Traded a first for 2 years of Muzzin
- Traded Kadri for 1 year of Barrie
- To get rid of Marleau traded a first
- Traded Brown to get rid of Zaitsev

Sound!

Matthews will be playing in Arizona when he’s 26 years old

Future looks spectacular

Kyle Dubas
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:37 pm - Traded a first for 2 years of Muzzin
- Traded Kadri for 1 year of Barrie
- To get rid of Marleau traded a first
- Traded Brown to get rid of Zaitsev

Sound!

Matthews will be playing in Arizona when he’s 26 years old

Future looks spectacular

Kyle Dubas
That Muzzin trade is fine. Getting rid of Brown the slug is fine to ditch Zaitsev. He then doubled down and re signed Ceci which is the problem.

The Barrie trade is great IF they can re-sign him. Otherwise it’s a bad trade.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Barrie camp 8 years $8 Million per year. LOL

Muzzin is shit balls

The future in TeeOh sucks hairy ass crutons
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Muzzin is a legit top 4 d man. Canucks paid as much or more for Gudbranson. Muzzin is a way better player.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:12 pm
Well they may or may not. That $26M in cap room comes with no Mitch Marner and only one defenseman signed.

So if you keep Marner, and it's anything north of $10M (which it certainly will be) that $26M becomes less than $16M. Last I checked you aren't going to ice a quality NHL blueline with $16M. Give Barrie his ask and you'll be staring at $8M between 4 guys. Last I checked reliable top-4 defensemen in the NHL don't come for less than $5M anymore, unless they are on ELC's. I guess you better be hoping that Sandin and Liljegren make the jump this year.
Even when you show him the math he does not get it, makes you worried about the education system in Ontario or where ever Tuna went to school.