The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Can I do that? When I make a wrong prediction claim I was just kidding?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am Can I do that? When I make a wrong prediction claim I was just kidding?
No
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am Can I do that? When I make a wrong prediction claim I was just kidding?
At the very time I called your little brat a bust

... I also said a few times that he (and AM) would be receiving offers of ~ $14M-per over 8 years in negotiations after their ELCs.

That of course indicates I felt confident that Marner (and AM) would be anything but busts.

So in this case I do get to claim I was kidding with that bust thing... because in context it is very clear was kidding. :scowl:

If Marner did bust, would you be here right now accusing me of being wrong in my big-money predictions?

You LOLed every single time I made those predictions, so you should really man up and give me credit for being right!

Hey, I'm always right when it comes to between we two, you know that...

I could go through this thread and pull up the many times I was right and you were wrong if you like. :mex:

The biggest damage Dumbass has done to the Leaves is to close their widow early.

Could have had an 8-year-window if he had signed AM, MM, and WN a year earlier.

(instead of just jacking around, low -balling them)

This is because, you see, they would have come in a lot cheaper, making 8-year deals affordable.

So NOW it's just a 5 year window... Matthews for example will want ~ $20M-per (8 yrs) in 5 years.

I feel sorry for you for having such an incompetent GM so I'm going to throw you a bone here...

If Leaves orpik Marleau, they could get away with keeping the forward group together, sorta and if they want.

I was theorizing about this earlier in another thread.

At the time, I was thinking it would cost them a late first.

But now I'm thinking it could be done for their 2nd rounder.

The question becomes... how much would a team pay for the Leaves' 2nd round pick?

In this case the price would be $3.83M... I'm starting to think maybe that's a fair price for a mid-to-late 2nd.

Orpiking Marleau could get the Leaves under the cap next season if they could get Marner signed for $10M - $11M-per

... but of course they'd have to let Gardiner and Hainsey walk, and possibly Brown.

(these players would then need to be replaced with vastly inferior - but cheaper - AHLers)

Plus, going this route could well mean they might have to also let Muzzin walk the following year.

But yeah, it could be done, and I can't see Marleau being opposed to the idea, so yeah, there you go...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

For a guy that gets so much incredibly incorrect, I can understand your joy in being right once.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:18 pm For a guy that gets so much incredibly incorrect, I can understand your joy in being right once.
*sigh*

No good deed goes unpunished I suppose...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Nylander looks so good right now. 6.9 will look like a steal. Might be PPG next season.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Enjoy your 5 years of Matthews Tuna. When he’s 26 he will be playing for the Coyotes :lol: it’s been his dream growing up in Arizona to be a Coyote
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 pm Enjoy your 5 years of Matthews Tuna. When he’s 26 he will be playing for the Coyotes :lol: it’s been his dream growing up in Arizona to be a Coyote
Owww... owwwww....owwwoooo!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I would have avoided signing Tavares and thrown term at Matthews, what’s the rush?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:06 pm I would have avoided signing Tavares and thrown term at Matthews, what’s the rush?
The rush is Tavares was the best UFA available in at least 12 years. There will be no one close to Tavares available this summer. When you can sign a franchise C ion his prime you jump at the chance.

Toronto is a much bigger cup contender right now than anyone gives them credit for. Second in winning %, second in goal diff. Less GA than Tampa currently.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Karlsson is better than Tavares
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm Karlsson is better than Tavares
Arguable. He isn't nearly as good since his injury.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When season 2023-24 ends, Matthews will be saying "Goodbye Toronto, it's been a slice. I'm going home"

26 years of age he will be signing an 8 year contract with Arizona
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 pm Enjoy your 5 years of Matthews Tuna. When he’s 26 he will be playing for the Coyotes :lol: it’s been his dream growing up in Arizona to be a Coyote
Matthews will sign an 8 year extension. Toronto will have an entire year to offer him a massive deal he can't turn down. The Coyotee fantasy bombed on you with the summer offersheet predictions. The cap will be 100+ million.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm Karlsson is better than Tavares
Arguable. He isn't nearly as good since his injury.
It’s not arguable. Before he was way better. Now he’s just better
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”