Players You Hate

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Players You Hate

Post by ESQ »

Topper wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:03 pm No to islands!

I've worked on a project near Powell River (mainland I know) and seriously considered moving there. Fantastic weather, great views, decent property values at the time........but at least 1 boat ride to get anywhere. Two boats to Vancouver. Roughly 200km and it's a 5hr journey to Vancouver if you hit the boats right. No! Not being a prisoner of BC Ferries.

...and people who live on islands develop a weird isolationist mentality. Fucking loons.

I'm 5 hrs from Vancouver, no boats.

I know folks recently bought around Adams Lake, still reasonable there and pockets around there.

There is a network of quad/snow mobile trails that will get you from Kamloops to Prince George and probably MacKenzie.
What are the thoughts on Point Roberts? No ferry, no long drive, no big border lineup, 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of White Rock or Tsawassen.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’ve nevet understood the ferry hate.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hands getting shaky there Dude; worrying about the Monday morning tweet-tweets?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm I’ve nevet understood the ferry hate.
The ferries lick pouch. Unless you can bicycle to your destination off of one ferry forget it. Biking is the only way to use that fucked up clusterfuck bullshit assed garbage fuckin joke of a system
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

you never understood fairy hate not ferry hate
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:56 pm
The ferries lick pouch. Unless you can bicycle to your destination off of one ferry forget it. Biking is the only way to use that fucked up clusterfuck bullshit assed garbage fuckin joke of a system
Tell us what you’re really thinking
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

For BC’ers complaining about the Ferries is like complaining about the rain, it’s just what we do. It’s hardwired in us. I could care less. I prefer the chillaxing cruise across the straight instead of the white knuckling over the Coquihalla mountain during a white out
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:03 pm No to islands!

I've worked on a project near Powell River (mainland I know) and seriously considered moving there. Fantastic weather, great views, decent property values at the time........but at least 1 boat ride to get anywhere. Two boats to Vancouver. Roughly 200km and it's a 5hr journey to Vancouver if you hit the boats right. No! Not being a prisoner of BC Ferries.

...and people who live on islands develop a weird isolationist mentality. Fucking loons.

I'm 5 hrs from Vancouver, no boats.

I know folks recently bought around Adams Lake, still reasonable there and pockets around there.

There is a network of quad/snow mobile trails that will get you from Kamloops to Prince George and probably MacKenzie.
Powell River is nice. My cousin has a place at Savary Islsnd nearby. But yeah it’s a fucker to get back and forth and is 5- 8 hrs depending on ferries and water taxis. I haven’t been there in quite a while I’m sure it’s grown up a bit.

Adams Lake is beautiful. It’s so clean, damn cold too. I’ve only been around the southern tip which we accessed via Scotch Creek when we were staying in Sorrento. It’s a deep lake ... maybe only Quesnel Lake is deeper. The northern tip is only accessible by a gravel road I think? It is a good sized Lake though.

I still keep coming back to Blind Bay/ Sorrento area. Close enough to Kamloops for everything you need but far enough off the beaten path.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Powell River is nice? I guess if you’re Relic from the Beachcombers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

My word!

Some of these places sound interesting old chaps!

Is there a 5 star hotel with helipad?

I've got a good set of binoculars...

Perhaps I can check things out from the patio?

Spiffy!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:19 pm Powell River is nice? I guess if you’re Relic from the Beachcombers
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Gene Kiniski for disrespecting the Greatest of All Time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqYxCHxMoJU

Take care...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:13 pm Gene Kiniski for disrespecting the Greatest of All Time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqYxCHxMoJU

Take care...
Didn’t Ali call George Forman an ape and a gorilla? Didn’t he call Smokin Joe a porch nigger and an Uncle Tom?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Islanders like to think the ferries help keep most of the mainlanders away...

Remember back in the day reading reports that predicted the day would come when the communities between Victoria and Campbell River would blend together and there would be no undeveloped land between each town. That day is almost here now...

Campbell River is known to have some of the best ATV trails in the world...Europeans, especially Germans are well aware of the ATV trails on the Island and especially around the Campbell River area. Mostly de commissioned logging roads and other than a one small area you can pretty much ride from Victoria to Port Hardy...

My company started to buy and rent out ATV's as a pet project for one of my managers....Went to an ATV conference and saw all of these older folks in attendance...Turns out the average ATV'r is between 50 and 75 years old and it's a multi billion dollar industry in BC....

Not sure why you'd choose the interior when the Island has so much more to offer for any type of outdoors person, and for those whose noses point north there's even lots of spots with 5 star hotels and helipads...

Take care...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:19 pm Powell River is nice? I guess if you’re Relic from the Beachcombers
You've been drinking too much Gibsons
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.