Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9863
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:44 am

You can now watch Marcus Granlund in an Edmonton Oiler jersey.....

Division rival :evil:
Last edited by micky107 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 am

micky107 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:44 am
You van now watch Marcus Granlund in an Edmonton Oiler jersey.....

Division rival :evil:
:lol:

The 10-12 goals a year he gets from the perimeter are definitely intimidating I'll give you that
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9863
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:55 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 am
micky107 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:44 am
You van now watch Marcus Granlund in an Edmonton Oiler jersey.....

Division rival :evil:
:lol:

The 10-12 goals a year he gets from the perimeter are definitely intimidating I'll give you that
McDavid specifically asked for him!
not
"evolution"

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am

Jimmy Vesey traded to buffalo.

Can't help but think he deserves it :lol:

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15822
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 am

Buffalo don’t want tank nation no more! Miller, Vesey, Montour, huge money at Skinner.

Blob the Tanker, your thoughts
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4820
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:11 am

Strangelove wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:33 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:26 pm
Dallas throwing down for a cup run.
Yeah, Pavelski and Eriksson...
Loui...? :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9863
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:07 am

July 2 rumors;...Spectors; https://www.spectorshockey.net/2019/07/ ... ly-2-2019/

Nothing about Nucks yet, just more Vegas trying to lose weight.
"evolution"

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16278
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:15 am

I have no desire to see Micheal Ferland back in Calgary. He used to clobber the fuck out of the Canucks D.

I’m assuming Vancouver doesn’t have much space to do much more.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9863
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Hurricanes to match Canadiens’ offer sheet for Sebastian Aho;

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hur ... stian-aho/

duh.
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22224
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:14 pm

Per wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:11 am
Strangelove wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:33 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:26 pm
Dallas throwing down for a cup run.
Yeah, Pavelski and Eriksson...
Loui...? :look:
Sorry, bad joke, he moved his family of six to Dallas...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11012
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:16 am

NHL Signing- Marcus Johansson to the #Sabres for 2 years $9M. $4.5M AAV
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9863
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:44 am

SKYO wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:16 am
NHL Signing- Marcus Johansson to the #Sabres for 2 years $9M. $4.5M AAV
Maybe this will kick start things a bit.
https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-sign- ... -1.1333912

Boston could have fit him in ,barely, but chose not to.
"evolution"

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15822
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:51 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:15 am
I have no desire to see Micheal Ferland back in Calgary. He used to clobber the fuck out of the Canucks D.

I’m assuming Vancouver doesn’t have much space to do much more.
The Canucks D in that playoffs with the exception of Sbisa were all from the Gillis era. Yes, you’re right they got clobbered bigly.

Hamhius
Edler
Tanev
Stanton
Bieksa
Weber
Sbisa
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16278
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:34 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:15 am
I have no desire to see Micheal Ferland back in Calgary. He used to clobber the fuck out of the Canucks D.

I’m assuming Vancouver doesn’t have much space to do much more.
The Canucks D in that playoffs with the exception of Sbisa were all from the Gillis era. Yes, you’re right they got clobbered bigly.

Hamhius
Edler
Tanev
Stanton
Bieksa
Weber
Sbisa
It wasn’t just in the playoffs Tiger. That was just when the world got to see it. He clobbered the Canucks D on a regular basis during his time in Calgary. So even your boys Larsen, Bartkowski, Sbisa, Stecher, Del Zotto and Pouliott got clobbered quite a bit themselves.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15822
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:17 am

The team that Calgary clobbered in the first round of the playoffs in 2015 was literally the same Canuck team that was clobbered in the first round of the 2012 and 2013 playoffs. The core was the same.

Nice bounce back from 2011

Presidents Trophy! “Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!”

Island Nucklehead, your thoughts?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply