The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

Remember the throngs of Leaves fans saying:

"Matthews, Marner, and Nylander will all take huge discounts because they love playing for the Leaves... they said so!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, in the summer they had Matthews pegged at $8M, Marner at $7M, Nylander at under $6M.

Now it's very likely that 3 of the top 4 highest cap-hit forwards will be Leaves players next season.

McDave - $12,500,000
Matthews -$11,630,000
Marner ~~$11,000,000
Tavares - $11,000,000

... with Marleau and Nylander well within the top 50.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'd say Marner get's Jack Eichel's contract - $10M per.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:48 pm I'd say Marner get's Jack Eichel's contract - $10M per.
Not with Dumbass doing the negotiating! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:48 pm I'd say Marner get's Jack Eichel's contract - $10M per.
If its $10 mil, it will be 4 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Logic says offer 8.5 for 8 years but that is simply too logical to take place in HOGTOWN. :idea:
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

micky107 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:20 pm Logic says offer 8.5 for 8 years but that is simply too logical to take place in HOGTOWN. :idea:
He was certainly projecting for a Draisatl-like contract.

Good thing for him he came out blasting this year after getting low-balled in the summer. Assuming he closes out the season at better than PPG, he's played himself into elite company and will get paid as such.

They should work on a trade with Nashville - maybe Marner for Ekholm?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'm quite enjoying what Marner's agent has gone on record with after Matthews contract was signed. It's pretty clear that Toronto is NOT going to get any kind of discount from Marner on this one, especially not after the way they treated him on his ELC.

Sounds like Dubas is in for a whirlwind of a summer trying to keep his leading scorer from the past 2 seasons. Could be that there will be some sweet deals to be had for other GM's who want to pry a someone not named Matthews, Tavares, Andersen, or Reilly, out of Toronto.

Here's what I'll love. What if the Leaves flame out in the first round again and then Dubas has to part with Muzzin for a prospect and a low 2nd rounder! :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/ma ... -1.5007986

Maple leaves cornering the entertainment market; Now including day-time soaps.
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:43 pm Remember the throngs of Leaves fans saying:

"Matthews, Marner, and Nylander will all take huge discounts because they love playing for the Leaves... they said so!"

Yeah, in the summer they had Matthews pegged at $8M, Marner at $7M, Nylander at under $6M.

Now it's very likely that 3 of the top 4 highest cap-hit forwards will be Leaves players next season.

McDave - $12,500,000
Matthews -$11,630,000
Marner ~~$11,000,000
Tavares - $11,000,000

Remember the throngs of people on here including you that said they'll all not be on Toronto, and will get offersheets this summer?

You said Mitch Marner was a bust. You seem a huge fan of his now.

I never saw anyone say Nylander will get under 6. Athletic crunched the #'s and said he's worth 6.7-7.2

Nylander is looking real good. Great contract for years to come.

Rumours are, Toronto will pull and Orpik with Marleau and have a team buy him out and save 4-5 million next year.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10464&p=313848&hili ... er#p313848

You thought Matthews was getting 15! He signed for 11.6.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:43 pm Remember the throngs of Leaves fans saying:

McDave - $12,500,000
Matthews -$11,630,000
Marner ~~$11,000,000
Tavares - $11,000,000

Remember the throngs of people on here including you that said they'll all not be on Toronto, and will get offersheets this summer?
I never said they would sign the offersheets, I said if they made it to UFA they would receive offersheets.

And that we/the media never hear of those ones:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 40#p324140

No doubt part of the reason your GM caved was the pressure of a potential offerheet to Matthews.

And for all we know, Nylander had one in hand, threatening to sign it at the last minute...

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm You said Mitch Marner was a bust. You seem a huge fan of his now.
Over two years ago I said Marner (and Matthews) would get $14M-per on 8-year-contracts:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 30#p273430

(not exactly calling him a bust there eh?)

(the other day I provided links quoting Friedman/McKenzie saying 5x$11.6M means AM would have $14M-per on an 8 yr deal)

But yeah, Marner will bust under the weight of the monstrous contract Dumbass is about to give him.

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm I never saw anyone say Nylander will get under 6. Athletic crunched the #'s and said he's worth 6.7-7.2
On an 8-yr-deal sure... but WN got that much on a 5.5-yr-deal (means WN would have ~ $8M on an 8 yr deal).

(due to the fact your snot-nosed GM is a Dumbass)

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm Nylander is looking real good. Great contract for years to come.
Keep telling yourself that lol...

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm Rumours are, Toronto will pull and Orpik with Marleau and have a team buy him out and save 4-5 million next year.
Well that would cost the Leaves some assets... IF Marleau agrees to it.

But why are you grasping at Cap Saving Straws... if you're not worried about the cap? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:46 pm
BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm

McDave - $12,500,000
Matthews -$11,630,000
Marner ~~$11,000,000
Tavares - $11,000,000

I never said they would sign the offersheets, I said if they made it to UFA they would receive offersheets.

And that we/the media never hear of those ones:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 40#p324140

No doubt part of the reason your GM caved was the pressure of a potential offerheet to Matthews.

And for all we know, Nylander had one in hand, threatening to sign it at the last minute...

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm You said Mitch Marner was a bust. You seem a huge fan of his now.
Over two years ago I said Marner (and Matthews) would get $14M-per on 8-year-contracts:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 30#p273430

(not exactly calling him a bust there eh?)

(the other day I provided links quoting Friedman/McKenzie saying 5x$11.6M means AM would have $14M-per on an 8 yr deal)

But yeah, Marner will bust under the weight of the monstrous contract Dumbass is about to give him.

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm I never saw anyone say Nylander will get under 6. Athletic crunched the #'s and said he's worth 6.7-7.2
On an 8-yr-deal sure... but WN got that much on a 5.5-yr-deal (means WN would have ~ $8M on an 8 yr deal).

(due to the fact your snot-nosed GM is a Dumbass)

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm Nylander is looking real good. Great contract for years to come.
Keep telling yourself that lol...

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm Rumours are, Toronto will pull and Orpik with Marleau and have a team buy him out and save 4-5 million next year.
Well that would cost the Leaves some assets... IF Marleau agrees to it.

But why are you grasping at Cap Saving Straws... if you're not worried about the cap? :mex:
I just posted on the previous page you called him a bust 18 months ago. LOL
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:52 pm I just posted on the previous page you called him a bust 18 months ago. LOL
And I called him a $14M x 8 years player 2 years ago (a few times). :eh:

Is it possible I was just trying to upset you with that "bust" comment?

Is it possible that it worked like a charm? :mrgreen:

But yeah, Marner will bust under the weight of the contract the dumbass gives him

... and or he will get all busted up in career-ending fashion due to the fact he is a frail weeny.

(I haven't decided yet)
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9721&p=258192&hilit ... st#p258192

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10464&p=265866&hili ... st#p265866

LOL

Marner will bust

Two NHL rookie tournaments in two years... he has sucked severely at both now.

The moves he makes in the OHL don't work for him in the NHL.

(mostly because he can't make those moves at top speed)

(also because the NHL has great backchecking forwards and great-skating play-the-body dee)

Matthews and Nylander(until he gets concussed-for-life) will make the grade, but Marner will not.

When it comes to contracts, Leaf players are superstars who deserving max contracts. Every other discussion they suck.

How's those Morgan Rielly predictions doing nowadays?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 pm Is it possible I was just trying to upset you with that "bust" comment?

Is it possible that it worked like a charm? :mrgreen:
Like. A. Charm. :wink:

Should I dig up the posts from 2 years ago where you LOLed when I kept saying AM + MM would be looking at 8 x $14 each?

BTW I checked out your home board today, all the long-timers are up in arms about the AM + WN contracts

... and the way that punkass-kid GM of yours has set the table to overpay Marner. (lowball offer? Oh dey be's mad y'all!)

Last time I checked they had their pitchforks and torches in hand and were tracking him down!

The 8-year window now down to 5 years what with these contracts and don't forget the Harold Ballard Curse is still running strong.

HAROLD BALLARD

BTW I never made any Rielly predictions, I always merely said he was great offensively and sucked defensively, it's still true...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Yup time to purge these expensive contracts tuner and go for picks. Maybe you guys can win another lottery and then hire a grown up to gm
If you need air...call it in