Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Toughness up front remains a weakness. Mad Mike could be loaded onto a top line when the situation requires. Hes still a pretty good player
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:21 pm Toughness up front remains a weakness. Mad Mike could be loaded onto a top line when the situation requires. Hes still a pretty good player
So we go into next season with two injured tough guys - Roussel and Ferland?

Remember Roussel? He’s 5’-11” 190 lbs. He fought Kassian who is 6’-3” 215 lbs, the guy Blobbee says was too big for the Turtle (6’-2” 210 lbs) to fight.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... ter-rumour

Some talks that Nucks are looking to move Tan-man, Sutter & Schaller. Moving Sutter would make a lot of ppl happy on this board. We'd be selling low on those guys, but Schaller was never worth much anyways. If we moved Tanev, not sure I'm comfortable with a trio of: Myers, Stecher & BullDawg.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Benn shoots left but prefers to play on the right side
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

I am not comfortable with the team’s depth without Tanman either.
Therefore the entire key to the season is Woo.
If he can play as well as Tanev or Stecher in the preseason, he can slot in one of their slots and not affect the team’s shallow right side D depth in Utica since he is not eligible to play in Utica.
One of Stecher or Tanev should be able to return a top six winger in a trade because, as we know, right side D are very hard to acquire.
No pressure Woo but every fan in Vancouver is depending on you to succeed and much depression and possible suicides will happen if you don’t.
But you know, no pressure kid.
WOOOOOO!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:05 pm I am not comfortable with the team’s depth without Tanman either.
If he can play as well as Tanev or Stecher in the preseason, he can slot in one of their slots and not affect the team’s shallow right side D depth in Utica since he is not eligible to play in Utica.
One of Stecher or Tanev should be able to return a top six winger in a trade because, as we know, right side D are very hard to acquire.
No pressure Woo but every fan in Vancouver is depending on you to succeed and much depression and possible suicides will happen if you don’t.
WOOOOOO!
Yeah I’m not hip to trading Tanev right now. Let Woo Stew in the dub 1 more year. Trade Tanev next TDL if we are not in the hunt. That is unless they park Benn on the right side if Juolevi (6’-3” 200 lbs) shows well in camp.

Next summer could see a lot of kids pushing for jobs - Woo, Tryamkin, Lockwood, Hoglander, Podkozlin (apparently might bolt from the K end of the season, Madden (who considered opting out of college after season ended). I will be curious to see what kind of years - Lind, Gadjovich and DiPietro will have in the minors next season
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

6’3 200, but what does he look like with his shirt off. It’s the latest and perhaps most important advanced stat.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:15 pm 6’3 200, but what does he look like with his shirt off.
Blob will tell ya like a Jew in Warsaw in WWII
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:31 pm Notice the Blues don't have a Virtanen type?

I'd trade him for a smaller but more prolific scorer, leave the hitting/grinding to the 4th liners.
Roussel, Beagle, Motte, Schaller and MacEwen our soldiers.

I wonder which team is having trouble signing a smaller scorer type...hmmmm
What the hell is a Virtanen type?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:05 pm I am not comfortable with the team’s depth without Tanman either.
WOOOOOO!
Yeah I’m not hip to trading Tanev right now. Let Woo Stew in the dub 1 more year. Trade Tanev next TDL if we are not in the hunt. That is unless they park Benn on the right side if Juolevi (6’-3” 200 lbs) shows well in camp.

Next summer could see a lot of kids pushing for jobs - Woo, Tryamkin, Lockwood, Hoglander, Podkozlin (apparently might bolt from the K end of the season, Madden (who considered opting out of college after season ended). I will be curious to see what kind of years - Lind, Gadjovich and DiPietro will have in the minors next season
Yeah i'm curious what kind of season a injury-free Gadjovich and Lind might have. With Lind being a RW he might even get a sniff when the inevitable injuries occur.
I doubt we see DiPietro, he might be lucky to make the Comets with the log jam of goaltenders & could end up in the ECHL
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 pm Wpuld you trade virtanen for ferkland?

If so attach jake to an eriksson trade and sign the injun
Now that the Sens have Zaitsev, Loui + rights to Tryamkin for a 4th?

psst Danny, quote old posts but don't bump the entire thread k? :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:27 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 pm Wpuld you trade virtanen for ferkland?

Now that the Sens have Zaitsev, Loui + rights to Tryamkin for a 4th?

psst Danny, quote old posts but don't bump the entire thread k? :thumbs:
I pull that trigger for sure. For all his potential theres equally as worrying concerns. If it took loui out of the equation jb could finish off the picasso.

It was bumped for context...but ok. Bowling balls and assholes
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:35 pm It was bumped for context...but ok. Bowling balls and assholes
Butt see, when you copy-n-paste the quote, folks can click on the little blur arrow for context.

(see it there at the end... Uncle dans leg wrote: ↑)

Bowling balls and assholes?

IIRC I was fantasizing about Jordan Subban and the 2 russkies Tree and Pedan.

Yes, I was bending them all over a bowling ball return I believe.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:05 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:04 pm

The always injured injun
Ok...then insert random ufa youd rather have than both of the aforementioned
If we cleared both JV and Eriksson for cap space, I'd go after Dzingel, the Canucks need more scoring talent versus brawn at this point.

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Dzingel
Goldy/Bart - Sutter - Gaudette
murder inc line
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Dzingel was Button’s choice for Van, too. Thought he better suited the Canucks needs..