Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rikster
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by rikster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:04 am If you can possibly ditch either of Sutter or Eriksson you absolutely do it. They are both lousy players on shitty contracts.
I agree that the team is ready to move on from Sutter and Eriksson is the role model for non guaranteed contracts or new buyout rules, but when you are signing contracts you don't get the luxury of negotiating in hindsight which you have a bad habit of doing...

Sutter comparables;

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables ... utter-5318

Eriksson comparables;

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables ... ksson-6914

The problem I had with the Eriksson interview overseas is that there was no revelation that he has been dealing with health or off ice issues which could try to explain why his game took a 180 after he signed his contract ....I took it that he was unhappy with his role on the team so he's decided to mail it in....

Benning has made it crystal clear that his approach to rebuilding the team is to insulate the younger players with veterans, disagree or agree with his approach, that is the model they have chosen....

The lineup in Loui's and Sutters first year in Vancouver;

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/roster/2016

Given that roster, Sutter had a good first year in Vancouver and then ran into the injury bug the last 2 seasons...

But the team no longer needs him to be an insulator to the younger players and his position can be filled with some of the younger players on the team which are some of the reasons I think they deal him as soon as any reasonable offer is received...

Take care...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:44 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:04 am If you can possibly ditch either of Sutter or Eriksson you absolutely do it. They are both lousy players on shitty contracts.
I agree that the team is ready to move on from Sutter and Eriksson is the role model for non guaranteed contracts or new buyout rules, but when you are signing contracts you don't get the luxury of negotiating in hindsight which you have a bad habit of doing...

Sutter comparables;

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables ... utter-5318

Eriksson comparables;

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables ... ksson-6914

The problem I had with the Eriksson interview overseas is that there was no revelation that he has been dealing with health or off ice issues which could try to explain why his game took a 180 after he signed his contract ....I took it that he was unhappy with his role on the team so he's decided to mail it in....

Benning has made it crystal clear that his approach to rebuilding the team is to insulate the younger players with veterans, disagree or agree with his approach, that is the model they have chosen....

The lineup in Loui's and Sutters first year in Vancouver;

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/roster/2016

Given that roster, Sutter had a good first year in Vancouver and then ran into the injury bug the last 2 seasons...

But the team no longer needs him to be an insulator to the younger players and his position can be filled with some of the younger players on the team which are some of the reasons I think they deal him as soon as any reasonable offer is received...

Take care...
Thanks for the lecture. They’ve both been colossal failures in Vancouver. If they can move them they should.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Thanks for the lecture. They’ve both been colossal failures in Vancouver. If they can move them they should.
It's not a lecture....

If you don't want to look at issues on balance that's your shtick, but when you make the same silly comment over and over again it gets tiresome...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 am
It's not a lecture....

If you don't want to look at issues on balance that's your shtick, but when you make the same silly comment over and over again it gets tiresome...
It’s only tiresome when I do it.

Gotcha :)

And furthermore saying Sutter and Eriksson are poor players and grossly overpaid is not silly whatsoever.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Sutter and Eriksson shouldn’t be grouped together.
Eriksson agree. He has been a disaster from the first own goal.
Sutter is mostly an injury issue who has played well at times, especially with Dorsett in a shut down role, but last year played like ass after he returned from injury.
With the summer off he should be healed up now and back to a good defensive option.
I prefer Gaudette’s speed better at third line centre now. But I have no problem keeping Sutter around as a winger or centre depth when there are injuries.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:05 am Most people possessing a sound mind will tell you Sutter is a good player when healthy. He’s an easy trade at the next TDL considering age and his contract, his position, his two way game, his PK skill. It’s assinine not to wait the year
Sutter has been snake bit with some of his injuries. He's due to have a healthy year. I also like being strong down the middle with Petey, BoHo, Sutter & BeagsDawg. Let Greener play his matchup game all day long. Although Hockey Gaud has looked pretty good last season, I don't mind giving him extra time to work on his game on the farm.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

GUSEV getr done.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-vegas-golden- ... -1.1331735

Kucherov suggested to stevie y to get him, gusev outscored him back in Russia.

He'll want something between $4M-$5M per though, but I think it's a worthwhile gamble.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I agree! Through all the translations, it would appear to be his desired portrayal of his obvious shittieness in Vancouver.
There is a common consensus, or at least, somewhat of an understanding among NHL players, when competing and having
been granted contractual permission to compete in non NHL events, that they keep their feelings, (or agendas), to themselves.
Maybe he was using Ryan Kesler as his inspiration. Dream on Mr. E.
Photos indicate dreaming is common for him.
Yes, they should. Not only did he fail on a grandiose scale in regards to insulating his younger team mates, I bore witness, on many
occasions, to "his" team mates, some of them his younger team mates, attempting to pick up his sorry ass feelings when he incurred many of his elongated slumps.
Pats on the backs, encouragement on the bench; BO, Brock, just about everyone. Didn't notice a notable amount from the Sedins, interesting.

I don't usually break up people's posts but you are right on and your post was interesting and well structured.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:01 am GUSEV getr done.

He'll want something between $4M-$5M per though, but I think it's a worthwhile gamble.
And what exactly are we giving up? Already given away one of the next two 1sts. They will want a 1st or atop prospect.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:24 am

And what exactly are we giving up? Already given away one of the next two 1sts. They will want a 1st or atop prospect.
When is he coming to North America?
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/17936 ... ract-talks

Oxymoron; Vegas has no money.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

micky107 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:44 am

He's already in NA I believe, just negotiating a big Russian style contract.

As for whom or what we'd give up, that's the million dollar question, I'd prefer to gamble on Gusev than Zucker though.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:54 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:44 am

He's already in NA I believe, just negotiating a big Russian style contract.

As for whom or what we'd give up, that's the million dollar question, I'd prefer to gamble on Gusev than Zucker though.
Benning and the scouting crew should know enough about Gusev, seeing as he played on the same team as Podkolzin in the KHL. Depends where they seem this kid compared to their other prime prospects - which is what McPhee will demand. Considering Las Vegas' cap problems, though, I can't see his position being too strong.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gusev is a fine target. We don’t have the prospects or picks it would cost to make that deal unless people are fine dealing Woo and a 2nd. Too rich for me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rikster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 am
It's not a lecture....

You must excuse my friend Blob, he has diarrhea.

He figures if repeats enough people will believe it...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup Gusev wants $4M per.
Further confirming what @JesseGranger_
reported yesterday, this says Gusev wants $4M AAV but VGK are only offering $2M AAV.