Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by mr perfect »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:00 am
micky107 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:51 am
Rick Dhaliwal
‏ @DhaliwalSports

The day before July 1st and as of this morning the #Canucks are still in the mix to land F Gustav Nyquist.
8:33 AM - 30 Jun 2019
Just goes on and on.

Just dive in and worry about the fact you can't swim later.

just kidding
Of all the ufas this player holds the most value to me. He would really boost the top 6. The only way it works though is if theres a taker for one of our overpriced underacheivers before training camp
With the cap being $1.5 mil less than expected, I don't see either LE or Birdbones Sutter being moved. There are far better players available on teams crunched up against the cap and fewer takers. It's a buyer's market.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

mr perfect wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:18 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:00 am
micky107 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:51 am
Rick Dhaliwal
‏ @DhaliwalSports

The day before July 1st and as of this morning the #Canucks are still in the mix to land F Gustav Nyquist.
8:33 AM - 30 Jun 2019
Just goes on and on.

Just dive in and worry about the fact you can't swim later.

just kidding
Of all the ufas this player holds the most value to me. He would really boost the top 6. The only way it works though is if theres a taker for one of our overpriced underacheivers before training camp
With the cap being $1.5 mil less than expected, I don't see either LE or Birdbones Sutter being moved. There are far better players available on teams crunched up against the cap and fewer takers. It's a buyer's market.
Agreed but if the price isnt crazy you have to look at adding him. Leave Leavo to sign elsewhere
If you need air...call it in
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

I wonder if Benning has any way of moving out Loui E. There are some teams that need to get to cap floor and Loui's actual money isn't a bad amount. He'd be a solid play for a budget team to get to the cap floor. He'd also be a solid mentor for young guys etc. Ottawa comes to mind among other teams but who knows what they think of him.

If they get dislodge Loui and then look at moving Tanev, Sutter and Baertschi then you could make some decent adds. You know, pay bottom six guys like bottom six guys and not get into cap trouble.

In a dream situation:

Loui gets moved to Ottawa for a 7th round pick or even a bag of pucks.

Package Tanev, Sutter and Baertschi to Columbus for Josh Anderson, a draft pick and then provide them some cap relief as well by taking Wennberg.

Sign Nichushkin on a flyer deal - 1 or 2 years at just under 1 million per. If he has a poor camp then off to Utica.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Im keeping tanev if its my call. Were gonna need all the talent on our defense possible and he still is a pretty damn good defensive dman on a decent contract.

Eriksson is the big one to move out i agree. It wont be easy but i suspect theyll have no problem finding a taker for sutter. Gaudette is already an equal to better asset for a fraction of the price.

I expect theyll be trading sutter to clear space for a winger with size and some push back... Ferkland maybe?
If you need air...call it in
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:10 pm Im keeping tanev if its my call. Were gonna need all the talent on our defense possible and he still is a pretty damn good defensive dman on a decent contract.

Eriksson is the big one to move out i agree. It wont be easy but i suspect theyll have no problem finding a taker for sutter. Gaudette is already an equal to better asset for a fraction of the price.

I expect theyll be trading sutter to clear space for a winger with size and some push back... Ferkland maybe?
Gaudette had his struggles so I don't think he's better than Sutter yet but might be this year. Still, I would also like to see Sutter moved out.

I like Tanev too but he's oft injured and on his final year. It's time to move an aging asset and get younger pieces and/or picks in return.

I'd also take a flyer or two on D men as well. Get younger players coming off poor seasons and give them a chance. Yes, kinda like Pouliot but I thought it was OK to take a chance on him.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

If the goal is playoffs for this year you keep sutter on the team and play him at right wing, sutter was very good a season ago and I think he’ll bounce back. Louie would be the one they’ll look to move on from (unload to cap floor team, forced retirement via Utica). Louie would give them room for ferkland and a little bit of a cushion going into next year.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sutter is not a foundational piece of the Vancouver Canucks, period
He is injured too often. Too often to be a team leader. Remove - A
He should be in play for a pick or something>>>use money to purchase Micheal Ferland.

Tanev is a good guy, old school D, but only when he's there. He should be in play for a pick or something>>>use money to purchase Micheal Ferland.

Eriksson, yuck.>>>>>>> He should be in play for a pick or something>>>use money to purchase Micheal Ferland.

Sarcasm done/ We'd be OK without Tanev, there are option now and some on the way.
Ferland is not by any means a rocket ship but throws up his share of points and has his team mates backs.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I'd luv to move Eriksson, but I wouldn't mind keeping Sutter around and starting Hockey Gaud in the farm. When healthy, Sutter is still a good 2-way player. We have been selling low on too many or our assets and just let 2 roster players walk away for for nothing. If we trade Sutter now, we'd get next to nothing. I'd rather keep Sutter around till TDD and see if he can get his value back up. Playoff teams are always looking at good 2-way centres who can win big draws come playoff time.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:23 am I'd luv to move Eriksson, but I wouldn't mind keeping Sutter around and starting Hockey Gaud in the farm. When healthy, Sutter is still a good 2-way player. We have been selling low on too many or our assets and just let 2 roster players walk away for for nothing. If we trade Sutter now, we'd get next to nothing. I'd rather keep Sutter around till TDD and see if he can get his value back up. Playoff teams are always looking at good 2-way centres who can win big draws come playoff time.
If I remember correctly, at the TDD, Benning tried hard to move some players. I remember both Granlund and Hutton were being shopped. Benning made a statement, that he got mocked for, that no one wants his players other than the kids and he wasn’t trading any of them. I don’t think he just let them walk. I just think he had no takers. Shit, he couldn’t even dump poopalot and he got a two year two way. Granlundicious got snatched early by the Oilers. But these teams weren’t offering assets for them. I believe Benning has tried to move players and just couldn’t. Whether that’s a flaw of his somehow or no one wanted to offer assets.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If you can possibly ditch either of Sutter or Eriksson you absolutely do it. They are both lousy players on shitty contracts.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:23 am I'd luv to move Eriksson, but I wouldn't mind keeping Sutter around and starting Hockey Gaud in the farm. When healthy, Sutter is still a good 2-way player. We have been selling low on too many or our assets and just let 2 roster players walk away for for nothing. If we trade Sutter now, we'd get next to nothing. I'd rather keep Sutter around till TDD and see if he can get his value back up. Playoff teams are always looking at good 2-way centres who can win big draws come playoff time.
Great post! Sutter is still a good player when healthy. Only 2 years left on a 15 team modified contract at $4.35 per year and he’s only 30. Keep him, hope he stays healthy and has a solid year. Trade him at the next TDL. With his PK skill, being a centre and only 1 year left on a contract paying $4.35 million and turning 31? That’s an easy trade and the best way to manage this asset.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:25 am
Great post! Sutter is still a good player when healthy. Only 2 years left on a 15 team modified contract at $4.35 per year and he’s only 30. Keep him, hope he stays healthy and has a solid year. Trade him at the next TDL. With his PK skill, being a centre and only 1 year left on a contract paying $4.35 million and turning 31? That’s an easy trade and the best way to manage this asset.
And if this proposal is stymied by another year of the same; he has even less>>>>>>>>>>>value that is. Why wait?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 am
And if this proposal is stymied by another year of the same; he has even less>>>>>>>>>>>value that is. Why wait?
Exactly, get rid of the bum if you can. Take a 7th whatever. So much hype because of his last name. He doesn’t play anything like his dad or his uncles. A stiff breeze would knock him over. He’s standing in Gaudette’s way and siphoning valuable cap dollars. The sooner he and Louis are out of here the better.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 am
Most people possessing a sound mind will tell you Sutter is a good player when healthy. He’s an easy trade at the next TDL considering age and his contract, his position, his two way game, his PK skill. It’s assinine not to wait the year
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Blob obsessed with humans carrying way less body fat than the whale that he is? jealous? Envy?