Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:35 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:21 pm I listen from 6:40 - 7:00 on my commute and then around 3:00 - 3:30. That’s it for the day. Too boring, shitty hosts, worse guests, bad content and lousy callers. I’m pissed since they yanked 1410 and took away the alternative.
Then you missed Chef Boi RD’s introduction to the 1040 masses? It was around 7:30 am

Reefer, your thoughts?
Ah, hmmmmmm :hmmm:

Its all Gillis's fault?

Both 1040 and 650 are boring now, who cares about NBA or MLB, Whitecaps suck, Lions have not started yet so there is very little to listen to them about.

RD when they use your comments is under RD or something else?
My real name - Tony Cologne
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:35 pm
RD when they use your comments is under RD or something else?
Troy from White Rock. :devil: :devil:
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:27 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:15 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:24 am I’m like a strong safety dude. Like a white, slightly slower version of Ronnie Lott. I hit like a truck. I think realistically I could get down to 210. I like beer too much, bread, red meat. It’s hard to give all that shit up. I’m salivating at going to purchase some nice strip loins today. Maybe some craft beer
Blob you need to make some lifestyle changes.
Fuck off
Wholesale changes
his Costco career?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ryan Henderson
Tomorrow we will be one week from the 25th anniversary of Game 7 between the #Canucks and Rangers,
@DonnieandTheMoj
will be joined by Hockey Hall of Famer & Legendary Canuck Pavel Bure at 10:30 AM on
@TSN1040
I might try and listen to that. Never know what might come up.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Taylor and the Moj show today I asked via email what Donny and the Moj’s go to magazine was back in the 70’s?

Playboy?
Penthouse?
Hustler?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That Ryan Henderson’s constant giggling and cackling on that show is a bit much.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:21 am That Ryan Henderson’s constant giggling and cackling on that show is a bit much.
Lol, I know. I believe I’ve sent in a few emails with regards to that, but to be honest, the Moj is funny even though he isn’t meaning to be funny
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Bet this guy wouldn't have predicted what he'd be doing now.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Alex Burrows on 1040am talking about Roberto Luongo; wed. june 26;
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1329138
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mike Gillis talking about Roberto Luongo on TSN Radio 1040am. June 26;
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1329072
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There's hope for TSN.
TSN Radio Vancouver
‏@TSN1040

.@jamiemclennan29: I think people are so focused on playing armchair GM. How bout you make your team better? And that's what Jim Benning is trying to do. Tyler Myers is an upgrade to what you've been putting out. If you end up getting Jordie Benn, that D-core looks pretty good
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Our media does not know how to recover from their gossip mongering, doomsday predictions. They are trying hard to be negative but in the end have to acknowledge that Benning did alright. Well, except, they always bring it back to, but if not for the Miller trade.......
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 am Our media does not know how to recover from their gossip mongering, doomsday predictions. They are trying hard to be negative but in the end have to acknowledge that Benning did alright. Well, except, they always bring it back to, but if not for the Miller trade.......
Elmer has earned most of he lumps he’s taken in this market. He had a decent day yesterday but it was not always thus for him on July 1.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:01 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 am Our media does not know how to recover from their gossip mongering, doomsday predictions. They are trying hard to be negative but in the end have to acknowledge that Benning did alright. Well, except, they always bring it back to, but if not for the Miller trade.......
Elmer has earned most of he lumps he’s taken in this market. He had a decent day yesterday but it was not always thus for him on July 1.
I agree Blob. I haven’t been a huge fan of his on July 1st. I love his drafting, for the most part. I don’t mind most of his trades. But his FA signings have scared me. So far I’m solid with this year. Perhaps having Luongo retire saved Jim from Jim.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ferraro - “$8 Million per year!?!?!”

Sekeres - “that’s right Ray! $8 million per year for 6 years! A $50 million contract!!!!

Sound journalism