2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Cherry Picker »

Bump again. Two new players added, one to go.
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:57 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:54 am New Player Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat New Player
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel (IR) Motte Beagle Sutter
Leivo

Schaller Granlund Ericksson
Goldobin Spooner

Tanev Hughes
Stecher Hutton or Edler
New Player Sautner
Biega or Schenn Juolevi

Pouliot

Markstrom
Demko
Update of summer’s good work so far...
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:54 am MILLER Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat New Player
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel (IR) Motte Beagle Sutter
Leivo

Schaller Ericksson Goldobin

Tanev EDLER
MYERS Hughes
Stecher BENN
Biega Fantenburg, Sautner or Juolevi

Markstrom
Demko
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:48 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 pm I think that's right around where most Benning haters said they'd be happy.

GREAT SIGNING LORD BENNING!!! :rockin:
If that is the deal, then it's a good signing by Jimbo.
I don’t hate the signing, but I suspect most here haven’t watched enough of Myers to see what he really is. He is almost certainly going to be the new whipping boy around here in the not too distant future. Still, with Jimbo and his track record of signings to date I expected worse so this is a minor win for him.
Well of course ole Diehard knows much much more about Tyler Myers than we peasants!

Praise ye for coming down from your temple to enlighten us, we are not worthy!

TEACH US OH MIGHTY GURU... TEACH US!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmy signs Myers for the term and dollars Diehard was hoping for and that's his initial reaction??

No offense Diehard1, but you most definitely come off as a POMPOUS ASS old chum.

Oh it's true. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

isle_nuck wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:10 am As Diehard said, Myers will be a whipping boy before the end of the season. He’s going to be given top four (top two?) minutes to justify the contact when at best he should be playing bottom pair.

We all laughed when the Leaves had to give a first to ditch Marleau. I wonder what will have to be attached to Myers (or Beagle...) when our time comes.
If "the time comes" (it won't) with Beagle the buyout cap hit is a mere $1M-per.

(so there would be no "asset attached to move him")

And it's just ludicrous to compare a 29-year-old (Myers) to a 39-year-old (Marleau) as a possible buyout candidate.

"At best (Myers) should be playing bottom pair" :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:03 am I won't comment on the HF guys's comments. :P
Yup, the only ones who don't think Diehard and isle_nuck are obvious HF gulpers

... are Diehard and isle_nuck.

You two don't think we know what the tard farm is spewing? :lol:

Yeah, no need to re-spew it over here friends....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.
So Benning-basher Diehard is in shock then, interesting...

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 pm 8M is too high for Myers. Let him look elsewhere.
My limit would be 6M x 5 for Myers.
Happy Cherry Picker? :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I’m happy with today. Interesting hearing Benning say they were aware of the possibility of Luongo retiring but it was a kick in the shins. He was none too pleased. I think they expected LTIR. Interesting that he acknowledged that it prevented him from signing another top six forward. Honest Jim.

But also good to hear he plans to move a couple of forwards once FA calms down and maybe on the backend. Also good to hear he has no problem planting any player in Utica if he doesn’t earn a job out of camp. No more passes for the vets on this team. Benning alluded to being up against the cap so even saving 1-3 million on parking players will help. Sorta felt he was talking to Louie there. And Schaller. Said ownership is 100% behind him and on board if he has to go that route. Like that’s just over 2M in cap savings right there!
The only HW the Canucks need
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:52 am
People were fearing the 7 x7 for a reason
. This administration has telegraphed a lot of their moves over the years. That would have been a horseshit contract.
Yes, people were fearing 7x7 for a reason - blind adherence to the nonsense spewed on 1040 and an inability to be critical, independent thinkers.

It was a bullshit rumour, many of us knew that and said that, it's been proven to be bullshit. Yet you want to pretend that you were actually right all along because "this administration has telegraphed it".

There was not a single, credible source reporting those terms. If you listened closely, you would have heard even Ferraro was acknowledging he was speculating when he'd throw those numbers out there.

It's unfortunate you and Diehard and HFboards had to lose so many shorts to urine over this bullshit, but I have hope that you can learn to be more reasonable and develop critical thinking skills before spending months posting about bullshit non-rumours.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:56 pm
. This administration has telegraphed a lot of their moves over the years. That would have been a horseshit contract.
Yes, people were fearing 7x7 for a reason - blind adherence to the nonsense spewed on 1040 and an inability to be critical, independent thinkers.

It was a bullshit rumour, many of us knew that and said that, it's been proven to be bullshit. Yet you want to pretend that you were actually right all along because "this administration has telegraphed it".

There was not a single, credible source reporting those terms. If you listened closely, you would have heard even Ferraro was acknowledging he was speculating when he'd throw those numbers out there.

It's unfortunate you and Diehard and HFboards had to lose so many shorts to urine over this bullshit, but I have hope that you can learn to be more reasonable and develop critical thinking skills before spending months posting about bullshit non-rumours.
This is all cute and all... but perhaps you misremember the Sutter, Gudbranson, Eriksson, Sbisa, and Del Zotto, Gagner, Beagle contracts. Abortions one and all. I’m sure Im missing more but Elmer has gotten boned harder than a crack whore at a biker party signing contracts.

Some of us are open minded and don’t follow along like a sheeple. I understand you aren’t capable of judging moves independently. You still think Juolevi was the correct pick. :lol:

Elmer gets his due from me when he makes good decisions. I’ll take a bat to him when he fucks up.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:56 pm

____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hard not to like what Benning did today. I do wonder if the revised (lower) salary cap put a drag on some of the deals.

Happy we didn’t go 7x7 for Myers.

Thrilled we picked up Jordie Benn.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The fantenburger guy...where does he fit into the plan? Just depth?

We have enough defensive depth now it appears. Have to think the college kids we signed a few months back are saying....fuck.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:21 pm Hard not to like what Benning did today. I do wonder if the revised (lower) salary cap put a drag on some of the deals.

Exactly. The man gets praise when he makes good decisions. He gets roasted when he fucks up by people who are capable of individually judging the moves on their own. The cult mentality among some of the posters is amusing and disturbing all at once. It is cute how they all follow along and defer to the elder poster/mod/troll. Here’s to hoping these people get the help they need on Canada Day!
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:23 pm The fantenburger guy...where does he fit into the plan? Just depth?

We have enough defensive depth now it appears. Have to think the college kids we signed a few months back are saying....fuck.
Yeah F-burger is short-term depth.

Can't blame Jimmy what with all the dee injuries since he got here...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:23 pm The fantenburger guy...where does he fit into the plan? Just depth?

Rafferty and Teves are equivalent to high picks.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:27 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:21 pm Hard not to like what Benning did today. I do wonder if the revised (lower) salary cap put a drag on some of the deals.

Exactly. The man gets praise when he makes good decisions. He gets roasted when he fucks up by people who are capable of individually judging the moves on their own.
Nice try Blob but no one will forget you shitting all over GMJB for years for Every. Move. He. Made. :lol:

Blob sees the light at the end of tunnel, tries using revisionism to create the illusion he's been fair all along. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.