2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Strangelove »

Jimmy is so good at drafting now that he doesn't need firsts. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:35 am ...
You can make the argument this isn't the right time to start supplementing the core, you can make the argument that this isn't the right use of the resources, you can make the argument that Miller isn't worth a 1st and a 3rd to the Canucks. But the argument that the Canucks had leverage over the Bolts is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of multi-lateral markets.
I am a little late to comment on this but, as usual, UWSaint, your posts are very well thought out, balanced and devoid of pejoratives which is a breathe of fresh air.

With respect to your comment regarding “a fundamental misunderstanding of multi-lateral markets”, I would contend that such comment is based on a presupposition (with which I disagree) that other offers available to Tampa did not take into consideration Tampa’s cap situation (i.e. which Brisebois directly admitted was an issue subsequent to the Callahan LTIR revelation). Obviously, if other teams had no cap leverage neither would the Canucks but I haven't seen anything yet that leads me to believe that there was not some level of cap leverage (admittedly not as much as, for example, Toronto, but some nonetheless).
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:19 pm Jimmy is so good at drafting now that he doesn't need firsts. Image
Touché. I should have known. :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 am
ESQ wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:31 am
Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:49 am
I wouldn't worry about a few posters here always defending Jimbo. I learned a while ago that they just do it for the sheer entertainment, it has nothing to do with the job they actually think he's doing. Still fun to debate them but don't ever think you'll be able to reason with them no matter what the evidence is.
Hey, I just want to say thank you, it must be exhausting being the only poster with a reasonable point of view. Seriously, bravo, we could all learn so much from you. :roll:
Ha - wasn't even talking about you but obviously somebody is quite defensive. I can't wait to hear you defend the upcoming 7 year, $49 million deal for Tyler Myers.
You were saying? :mex:

Lol, Benning haters have been ripping on Jimbro for weeks about a contract that never existed in reality...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Lol, Benning haters have been ripping on Jimbro for weeks about a contract that never existed in reality...
Hmm that's strange, Diehard was explaining how he's so reasonable, and everybody who disagrees with him is unreasonable...

...But you're saying he was just talking out of his as s and making shit up? That doesn't seem very reasonable, there must be some mistake.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Hmm that's strange, Diehard was explaining how he's so reasonable, and everybody who disagrees with him is unreasonable...

...But you're saying he was just talking out of his as s and making shit up? That doesn't seem very reasonable, there must be some mistake.
You Jimbros are hilarious - keep it up, it’s very entertaining!

Remember this post when Myers is getting turnstiled next year. I expect the Jimbros on this site to keep defending al Jimbo’s moves as they have always done.
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Topper wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:42 pm Had a good a laugh at Dallas trolling the Aqualungs by getting, Bob Gaglardi, Tom's dad, to announce their pick........then he fucks up the name and I laughed even harder.
Galardi and Aqua seniors are still good buddies that golf together all the time....but son’s ..no dice.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So in a redraft done today Pod moves from 10 to 9 and Hoglander moves up to 18 from 40.

The canucks, tampa and Washington are the 3 teams that have 2 or more top prospects taken significantly higher than their draft position.

Another draft day win for Benning

Nice

The canucks need to do whatever the fuck it takes to keep that scouting staff intact.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:22 am So in a redraft done today Pod moves from 10 to 9 and Hoglander moves up to 18 from 40.

The canucks, tampa and Washington are the 3 teams that have 2 or more top prospects taken significantly higher than their draft position.

Nice

The canucks need to do whatever the fuck it takes to keep that scouting staff intact.
Who did the redraft?

Brown Lizzy
Chef
Gomer107

?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:29 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:22 am So in a redraft done today Pod moves from 10 to 9 and Hoglander moves up to 18 from 40.

Nice

Who did the redraft?

Brown Lizzy
Chef
Gomer107

?
It was a linked article on facebook and i closed it after reading. When i went back to snag it for just such a challenge...it was gone. It was a panel of 9 scouts

Ok fine let me look around
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Here's the highlights.

Ranked 17. Philip Broberg, D (taken 8th by Edmonton)

Just gotta love how they seem to be able to miss a target from 3 feet away.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:51 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm

You Jimbros are hilarious - keep it up, it’s very entertaining!

Remember this post when Myers is getting turnstiled next year. I expect the Jimbros on this site to keep defending al Jimbo’s moves as they have always done.
This aged well, Myers was the best dman last year besides Hughes, plus he played the most minutes on the team.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chris Tanev had a far better year than T Myers. Not even close really. Myers and Edler had decent, albeit up and down seasons, but there’s no way either of them played as well as Tanev.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Without Myers you have tiny troy playing 20+ a night.

Ya no thanks