The WWW rumour mill

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The WWW rumour mill

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:22 pm I can see the fans liking Risto a ton.
Why? He’s a meathead. Him and Puljujarvi share the same Finnish brain
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:40 am Gotta think Tanev is traded eventually, if Woo, Tryamkin, Juolevi, Rafferty turn up aces and Myers is signed.
It all hinges on Rafferty
You’re on vacation, Chevy.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:40 am Gotta think Tanev is traded eventually, if Woo, Tryamkin, Juolevi, Rafferty turn up aces and Myers is signed.
Don't get the "trade Tanev" scenarios. Why would you trade your #1 RHD?
He's only got 1 more year on his contract
He's not going to play all 82 games, but perhaps Jimbro could get him someone to help out when he goes down (not named Tyler)
It's probably the Canucks weekest position,they need Tanev
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dangler wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:34 pm
He's not going to play all 82 games, but perhaps Jimbro could get him someone to help out when he goes down (not named Tyler)
You trade him if it lets you strengthen the position and the future of the team.

Tanev is still worth a 20-31 overall pick, maybe even 15-31 (and could be more if you trade him early and the team he goes to shits the bed and forgets to lottery protect the pick). So Tanev could be used to recoup the draft pick we burned on JT Miller, and if you move him now it frees up $4M in cap that could be used for a UFA defender.

It's also good asset management. Tanev is going to decline soon, he misses 20 games per year. Move him now while he has value rather than end up in a situation like we were in 2 and 3 years ago where nothing we had was worth much in trade.

I would rather add Myers AND Gardiner at the expense of Tanev and one of Eriksson or Sutter.

A second pairing of Gardiner - Myers is an improvement on any current pairing that Tanev would play on. It will cost way more, but that's fine. We don't need to re-sign Hughes for 2 more years, and at that time Edler's $6M will be off the books.

Jim has added Miller up front, our back end was our greatest weakness last year, time to let some of the in-house guys step up to improve our top-6 forward group. Focus on the blueline Elmer.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

So who would be your #1 RHD??
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:25 pm So who would be your #1 RHD??
Risto :thumbs:

I agree with the trade Tanev camp. Hes a declining asset and the team is on the upside. Just when you start leaning on him he buckles. Ita always something different.

It started when he was a prospect. He never learned to protect himself for some reason.
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Mëds wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:08 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:34 pm
A second pairing of Gardiner - Myers is an improvement on any current pairing that Tanev would play on.
:lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So how much will Elmer pay Tall, Soft, Razor Thin Tyler Myers?

My guess is 7.25 million over 6 years. Yuck.

6 ft 8 205 lbs, 25 points a year and 15 hits. Good times.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:21 am So how much will Elmer pay Tall, Soft, Razor Thin Tyler Myers?

He doesnt have muscles on his arms. Its just wrist all the way up to his rotator cuff
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:23 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:21 am So how much will Elmer pay Tall, Soft, Razor Thin Tyler Myers?

He doesnt have muscles on his arms. Its just wrist all the way up to his rotator cuff
He’s built like Sutter. His ankles go straight to his hips
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So how much will Blobbee Rotund weigh after his vacation?

I figure he will be slaying the Coleman stove and beer cooler like nothing ever seen before

My guess is he will clock in at 5’-10-1/2” 287 lbs when he returns
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:33 am So how much will Blobbee Rotund weigh after his vacation?

I figure he will be slaying the Coleman stove and beer cooler like nothing ever seen before

My guess is he will clock in at 5’-10-1/2” 287 lbs when he returns
Why the hell would I use a Coleman Stove? It’s a lake house, not a camper

I’m shedding as we speak amigo. 6 ft 215
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee calling it a lake house is like calling tent city a 5 star hotel

Lol at 6’ - 215 lbs
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How many more razor thin players will Benning add to the roster?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:37 am How many more razor thin players will Benning add to the roster?
“Olaf is 6’-0” 163 lbs” - Tent City by the Lake McKenzie