Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Dude milks one nipple cow...unhappy with quantity of milk.

"It was hardly a quarter pail full and the milk tastes like shit...at least the cow seemed happy"
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:07 pm
micky107 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:11 am Based on Kevin Hayes' contract, a player of JT Miller's caliber would have fetched 7.14 x 7 in today's free agency. Instead, the Canucks now have him for 5.25 x 4. The deal takes him to age 30, which is when most forwards end their primes.

Hayes; http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=127775
Miller; http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=123367
The Flyers didn’t cough up a 1st and a 3rd for Hayes.
No, the Winnipeg Jets did. Gave up a 1st round pick, Brenden Lemieux and a 4th round pick for him.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:11 pm
micky107 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:11 am Based on Kevin Hayes' contract, a player of JT Miller's caliber would have fetched 7.14 x 7 in today's free agency. Instead, the Canucks now have him for 5.25 x 4. The deal takes him to age 30, which is when most forwards end their primes.

No, the Winnipeg Jets did. Gave up a 1st round pick, Brenden Lemieux and a 4th round pick for him.
The Flyers got an equal player to Miller and spent nothing but cash. They didn’t lob around draft picks like they were going out of style.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:13 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:11 pm

The Flyers got an equal player to Miller and spent nothing but cash. They didn’t lob around draft picks like they were going out of style.
Give me Miller’s combination of speed and size (6’-1” 200 lbs) over the lumbering slow Kevin Hayes. Plus Miller is younger

Jets gave up a 1st round pick, Brenden Lemieux and a 4th round pick for Hayes
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Talking about what the Flyers gave up ... why the red herring regarding the Jets?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:26 pm Talking about what the Flyers gave up ... why the red herring regarding the Jets?
The Flyers basically acquired Hayes negotiation rights after the season ended before Hayes was to become a UFA. The Jets rented him for the playoffs only and were in no position to resign him this off season with Connor and Laine needing big pay raises. Hayes would never sign here as a UFA. Why you bring up UFA Hayes as if the price the Flyers paid to acquire his negotiating rights is somehow relevant to Miller and his contract status can only be explained as weak trolling on your part

If you want a proper comparison use what the Jets gave up to acquire Hayes
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:34 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:26 pm Talking about what the Flyers gave up ... why the red herring regarding the Jets?
The Flyers basically acquired Hayes negotiation rights after the season ended before Hayes was to become a UFA. The Jets rented him for the playoffs only and were in no position to resign him this off season with Connor and Laine needing big pay raises. Hayes would never sign here as a UFA. Why you bring up UFA Hayes as if the price the Flyers paid to acquire his negotiating rights is somehow relevant to Miller and his contract status can only be explained as weak trolling on your part

You want to spin this in a knot, fill your boots. The Flyers spent a 5th on a similar player.

The Flyers get it. Elmer ... and clearly you... don’t.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:34 pm

You want to spin this in a knot, fill your boots. The Flyers spent a 5th on a similar player.

The Flyers get it. Elmer ... and clearly you... don’t.
Lol. Please stop comparing Miller’s price to acquire to what the Flyers gave up for the rights to negotiate with a UFA. Apples to Oranges my friend. Not to mention the Flyers gave UFA Hayes $7.1 million over 7 years. Ouch!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hayes will make $7.14M until he's 34, Miller will make $5.25M until he's 30.

Two other teams offered the same trade Canucks did (allegedly).

Blob will piss and moan forever...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:43 pm Hayes will make $7.14M until he's 34, Miller will make $5.25M until he's 30.

Blob is trolling as per usual. It’s a lame comparison, but hey let him play in that sandbox for awhile.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm Blob is trolling as per usual.
I wish he were, but yeahno, he's peeing the bed again...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm
Nah.... just pissing on two tards that needed a bath.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm
Nah.... just pissing on two tards that needed a bath.
Okay, you were right RD...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:43 pm Hayes will make $7.14M until he's 34, Miller will make $5.25M until he's 30.

Blob is trolling as per usual. It’s a lame comparison, but hey let him play in that sandbox for awhile.
So blob prefers the worse player on a worse contract? Doesn’t he bitch non stop about sutters contract? This is definitely grade A trolling by the blobster.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:34 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm

So blob prefers the worse player on a worse contract? Doesn’t he bitch non stop about sutters contract? This is definitely grade A trolling by the blobster.
Cap space doesn't matter in a rebuild so who cares about the contract. :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu