2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:21 pm .
Vasili Podkolzin---------------

Talent for sure, but it would come with risk and whoever selects him will have to WAIT two years for his services in North America...
Aside from Kakko and maybe Hughes. I’m not seeing a lot of the 2019’ers who will be making an impact within two years past their draft. Let him cook in the K for 2
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

He has suprisingly poor offensive stats for his talent level. I'm passing on the pod
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah me too - Russkies scare me

Who the fuck is Chicago picking at 3rd? Has to be a forward, there last 3 firsts were used on D-men - Cozens

Colorado needs a 2nd line, they got loads of D, they pick a forward too - Zegras

Byram is LA bound, they’ve picked two centres with last two firsts

Detroit - Turcotte

Buffalo - Boldy

Edmonton - Broberg

Anaheim - Dach

Canucks - Krebs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'd be very happy with peyton krebs or kirby dach for that matter. I suspect one of them will be there but if the past is any indication Benning will take someone none of us suspect...so probably Soderstrom
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:42 pm I'd be very happy with peyton krebs or kirby dach for that matter. I suspect one of them will be there but if the past is any indication Benning will take someone none of us suspect...so probably Soderstrom
I will say this about No Grey Hairs Jim, he’s umpredictable. He’s wild! And unafraid
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:50 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:42 pm I'd be very happy with peyton krebs or kirby dach for that matter. I suspect one of them will be there but if the past is any indication Benning will take someone none of us suspect...so probably Soderstrom
I will say this about No Grey Hairs Jim, he’s umpredictable. He’s wild! And unafraid
Krebs is good with me, and he will likely be there now given the injury. Plays both C and LW, both spots where talent is needed. Newhook I’m fine with as well, lots of skill and speed and plays a position of need.

If Jimbo wants a D then Soderstrom or Seider would both be good picks.

Guessing Boldy and Caufield both go before the Nucks pick so we should have the choice of 4-5 players that would all be good.

There’s a rumour today that the pick was very much in play - I’m fine with that a step long as it upgrades a place of need and we still pick in the 1st. Hutton and 10 for Zucker and 12 is good with me, so would Colin Miller and 17 for 10. If Jimbo trades the pick straight up for a player I will be pissed unless it’s a very young guy still on his ELC - don’t need to add a ton more salary given the upcoming deals for Petey, Hughes and Brock. Hopefully Jimbo isn’t desperate to go for the playoffs this year because desperate GMs make dumb moves.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah Jim don’t give a fuck what the fans and media wants. I believe Jim is trading the pick
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:56 pm Yeah Jim don’t give a fuck what the fans and media wants. I believe Jim is trading the pick
You may be right - there’s not much that I would be pleased with as a return, so I guess we will see what happens. If he makes a trade for some 27 or 28 year old vet I will move from the indifferent camp firmly into the fire Benning camp.

That said, if he doesn’t make the playoffs this year he’s gone anyway. The list of GMs missing the playoffs 5 years in a row and keeping their jobs is extremely small. It’s just too bad we couldn’t fire Aquaman as well, as he’s the real problem.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:56 pm Yeah Jim don’t give a fuck what the fans and media wants. I believe Jim is trading the pick
With the draft in Vancouver I can't see him trading the pick.
Why would he put his ass to the fire with a move like that??
Krebs injury sounds similar to the Bieksa one.
Hopefully he can make a full recovery
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:40 pm
There’s a rumour today that the pick was very much in play - I’m fine with that a step long as it upgrades a place of need and we still pick in the 1st. Hutton and 10 for Zucker and 12 is good with me, so would Colin Miller and 17 for 10. If Jimbo trades the pick straight up for a player I will be pissed unless it’s a very young guy still on his ELC
Either of those two suggestions would be a work of art. Did you know, Zucker is only one year older that Hutton.
We keep thinking of Ben as being real young. Have to figure out how to work out dealing a player on an expiring contract.
To be honest, these rumors linked to the Wild are extremely frightening to me. Burnsville, MN, (Brock's home), is a stone's throw,
from Minneapolis–Saint Paul. Very strong feelings from their fans on 3 of the Wild forums I've been pokin around, to do whatever
it takes to get Boeser. Be glad when he's signed.

A swap of 1st round picks for Miller wont happen, (but if it does, I'll buy you a beer); Actually, that one move and a few less
injuries, I think, would see the Canucks safely in the playoffs.

Good thoughts...
"evolution"
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

micky107 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 am
Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:40 pm
There’s a rumour today that the pick was very much in play - I’m fine with that a step long as it upgrades a place of need and we still pick in the 1st. Hutton and 10 for Zucker and 12 is good with me, so would Colin Miller and 17 for 10. If Jimbo trades the pick straight up for a player I will be pissed unless it’s a very young guy still on his ELC
Either of those two suggestions would be a work of art. Did you know, Zucker is only one year older that Hutton.
We keep thinking of Ben as being real young. Have to figure out how to work out dealing a player on an expiring contract.
To be honest, these rumors linked to the Wild are extremely frightening to me. Burnsville, MN, (Brock's home), is a stone's throw,
from Minneapolis–Saint Paul. Very strong feelings from their fans on 3 of the Wild forums I've been pokin around, to do whatever
it takes to get Boeser. Be glad when he's signed.

A swap of 1st round picks for Miller wont happen, (but if it does, I'll buy you a beer); Actually, that one move and a few less
injuries, I think, would see the Canucks safely in the playoffs.

Good thoughts...
The Zucker deal is more of a smoke/fire type given the rumours out there. I don't think it's enough from our side but it's not all that far off.

The Miller deal is because Vegas needs to cut payroll, meaning they'd want zero salary coming back. Miller is a solid RHD who can score, signed for 3 more years at a good number, and was in the dog house in Vegas. He's exactly what Jimbo should be going after.

These are just off the top of my head anyway, I'm sure there's lots more out there that we aren't aware of and it's all going to come to a head in the next few days.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

If we are trading Boeser, and I am generally against that, it better be multiple (non lottery protected) 1st rounders coming back plus a useful top 6F or top 4D player.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Bob McKenzie's draft rankings, out today.
https://www.tsn.ca/americans-set-to-dom ... -1.1323878
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Matthew Boldy;
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Buttons final list

12th - Dach
14th - Cozens

McKenzies final list

5th - Dach
6th - Cozens

Both these two work for TSN