Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:46 pm Sounds like it’s a done deal with Edler 5.5 million over three years. Modified NMC for the first two years. If this is true that’s a good job by Elmer.

Keep Gardiner the fuck away from here hopefully too
I like Gardiner's game more than Edler's overall, but Gardiner is getting $7-$8 million not $5.5 so it's apples to oranges. With Hughes and Elder taking most of the left side minutes I'm not sure there's room for Gardiner as well. Juolevi could make some noise there too.

Still lots of time for Jimbo to overpay a guy like Myers given he's a right shot, especially if the rumours Tanev is available are true.
Especially since it's Edler at 3 years and Garnder and Myers will be aiming for 5+ years..

If this is how it shakes out, AWESOME contract for JB, amd good on Edler!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Friedman now reporting it might be a 4 year deal - if so it changes the deal for me. 4 years is too long for Edler, he's already slow and injury prone so what do you expect him to be at 37?

I guess if the cap hit is low enough it's ok, but he should not get 4 years. Then again, Jimbo gave a 33 year old Jay Beagle a 4 year deal and he just scored 3 goals in his first 57 games with the team, so what could go wrong?

It's just one of likely a few moves to come, so perhaps Jimbo will do something else to put this into a better context.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Left side D

- Edler
- Hughes
- Hutton
- Juolevi
- Tryamkin (rumours he wants to come back)
- Brisebios
- Teves
- Sautner

For next season, trade Hutton now and promote Juolevi? Keep Hutton and store Juolevi in Utica?

With how thin the right side is, the rumours of trading Tanev are bogus

Tanev
Stecher
Schenn
Biega
Woo
Rafferty
Chatfield
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 pm Gardiner and Myers will be aiming for seven years not five.
Yep and they will likely get it. I'd be shocked if Jimbo isn't right in there offering huge money to both.
He’d better not be. These guys are both worse players than Edler. They could end up being this summer’s Eriksson and Lucic. Take the cheque book away for anything longer than three years Francesco.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So this change of heart resigning Edler could be a sign of the Canucks not liking their chances with UFA D this summer.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, well, every ones getting into the act today... :shock:
Ryan Henderson
@RJHenderson7

Todd Diamond, Nikita Tryamkin's agent, just now with @DonnieandTheMoj offered a bit of an update on Tryamkin..
- Today better than 50% chance he returns to #Canucks
- Feels much better about current #Canucks team than the one he left
- His KHL contract expires April 30 2020
10:42 AM - 19 Jun 2019
Wow, I'm stoked.. :drink:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:16 pm So this change of heart resigning Edler could be a sign of the Canucks not liking their chances with UFA D this summer.
Sure hope thats the case. Edler is better than every single pending ufa remaining so why not ride his loyalty into a team friendly cap hit?

Or...they've got a trade or 2 lined up which will absorb our remaining cap space
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Really?? :eh:

With Edler signing there's no need for another LHD (Gardiner).

Maybe Myers (if Jets don't re-sign him) but I feel Jimmy will land his RHD in a trade.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Maybe Myers (if Jets don't re-sign him) but I feel Jimmy will land his RHD in a trade.
I'd say thats accurate as well. With Tanev apparently on the block it sure smells like a substantial right side piece is coming in soon. I would say its quite possible to be Ristolainen

Risto has 3 more years @ 5.4/yr.
I can see the 10 OA going out and RR coming back
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I'd love it to be Risto, depending on the price of course.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:17 pm Ya, well, every ones getting into the act today... :shock:
Ryan Henderson
@RJHenderson7

Todd Diamond, Nikita Tryamkin's agent, just now with @DonnieandTheMoj offered a bit of an update on Tryamkin..
- Today better than 50% chance he returns to #Canucks
- Feels much better about current #Canucks team than the one he left
- His KHL contract expires April 30 2020
10:42 AM - 19 Jun 2019
Wow, I'm stoked.. :drink:
So a 51 % chance he might come back. These jocksniffers are so desperate to break a story.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

I'd say thats accurate as well. With Tanev apparently on the block it sure smells like a substantial right side piece is coming in soon. I would say its quite possible to be Ristolainen

Risto has 3 more years @ 5.4/yr.
I can see the 10 OA going out and RR coming back
The guy apparently is a trainwreck in his own end. I’d rather chase Tyson Barrie if you are throwing that pick around. He is only average in his own zone but he’s a much better offensive player than Risto