Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4808
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Per » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:56 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:12 pm
They may have won Gold with a more committed player

The air thief sucked the life out of the team
Didn’t Per comment that his lack of effort was criticized in Sweden?
Yeah. He has been a great player for the national team earlier, but this tournament he was a disappointment.

I know that +/- stats don't mean much, but on a team that won five games and lost just two and that scored 41 goals while allowing just 21, he managed to be a team worst -8. William Nylander was +16.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4808
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Per » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
The word is out in Eriksson. He’s a lazy scumbag that would probably be a horrible influence on young players.
I wouldn't go that far.

He has passed his best before date, sure, but from what I hear he is a great guy who is popular in the locker room, and invites team mates home for dinner, so 'scumbag' does not fit.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 am

Per wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
The word is out in Eriksson. He’s a lazy scumbag that would probably be a horrible influence on young players.
I wouldn't go that far.

He has passed his best before date, sure, but from what I hear he is a great guy who is popular in the locker room, and invites team mates home for dinner, so 'scumbag' does not fit.
Calling him a scum bag was tongue in cheek. His lazy attitude and last to practice and first to leave act however leaves a lot to be desired. The hamburger crew thinks he’ll be easy to flip and have annointed him as a great mentor and elite defensive player. That nonsense doesn’t play well.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15817
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:55 am

Trade rumours - Calgary is shopping “stud” Hamonic to free up room to sign the Turtle and Winnipeg is shopping Mason Ehlers 0 goals 21 playoff games $6 Million per.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by theman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 am
Per wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
The word is out in Eriksson. He’s a lazy scumbag that would probably be a horrible influence on young players.
I wouldn't go that far.

He has passed his best before date, sure, but from what I hear he is a great guy who is popular in the locker room, and invites team mates home for dinner, so 'scumbag' does not fit.
Calling him a scum bag was tongue in cheek. His lazy attitude and last to practice and first to leave act however leaves a lot to be desired. The hamburger crew thinks he’ll be easy to flip and have annointed him as a great mentor and elite defensive player. That nonsense doesn’t play well.
Loui Eriksson is probably our worst FA signing since Messier, he has been a disaster here. Beagle was overpaid but at least he bring a worth ethic to the team the young guys can emulate. OV going over to personally thank him for the cup win when Vancouver was in Washington shows how important he was to them. Get rid of Sutter and Eriksson and keep Beagle IMO.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:47 am

theman wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 am
Per wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
The word is out in Eriksson. He’s a lazy scumbag that would probably be a horrible influence on young players.
I wouldn't go that far.

He has passed his best before date, sure, but from what I hear he is a great guy who is popular in the locker room, and invites team mates home for dinner, so 'scumbag' does not fit.
Calling him a scum bag was tongue in cheek. His lazy attitude and last to practice and first to leave act however leaves a lot to be desired. The hamburger crew thinks he’ll be easy to flip and have annointed him as a great mentor and elite defensive player. That nonsense doesn’t play well.
Loui Eriksson is probably our worst FA signing since Messier, he has been a disaster here. Beagle was overpaid but at least he bring a worth ethic to the team the young guys can emulate. OV going over to personally thank him for the cup win when Vancouver was in Washington shows how important he was to them. Get rid of Sutter and Eriksson and keep Beagle IMO.
Sutter is fine until we have a better option. Sutter can hang out on the wing if need be.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:03 am

.Image

Brenden Dillon
Stats; . http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=106892.
.
Salary; .https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brenden-dillon. 3.270, reasonable

Free agent at the end of next year, (that's OK). This is my idea of a safety buffer for this coming season.
SJ will not be asking for anything pricey. They are looking to shed some cap space.
This might be an affordable way to assure some stability and size on the back-end.
Might want to at least try. Someone else is gonna think of this.
It'll cost a prospect or a Biega ......

Doesn't fight that much but most certainly can: https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/7772
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:14 am

FFS: Too late :twisted:

Philadelphia Flyers
@NHLFlyers
BREAKING: The #Flyers have acquired defenseman Justin Braun from San Jose in exchange for a second-round pick in this year's draft (41st overall) and third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft.
8:50 AM - Jun 18, 2019
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 am

Man I'm still trippin on how cheap it was to trade for Trouba.

#20 + Pionk? that's it? sheesh.

The power of the NHL wife.
“New York obviously is a great place for her, great place for a lot of things,” Trouba said. “That was definitely important to me – both of us.”
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/ ... ld-pursue/

why I believe Myers will sign here.

Rick Dhawliwal:

Source : #Canucks seem to be talking with Buffalo about a defenseman, not sure if its Rasmus Ristolainen or Zach Bogosian.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:28 am

SKYO wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 am
Man I'm still trippin on how cheap it was to trade for Trouba.

#20 + Pionk? that's it? sheesh.

The power of the NHL wife.
“New York obviously is a great place for her, great place for a lot of things,” Trouba said. “That was definitely important to me – both of us.”
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/ ... ld-pursue/

why I believe Myers will sign here.

Rick Dhawliwal:

Source : #Canucks seem to be talking with Buffalo about a defenseman, not sure if its Rasmus Ristolainen or Zach Bogosian.
I hope your right! As long as whatever JB does doesn't cost us Boeser. Talk of that is out there.
more;

@DhaliwalSports

Don’t be surprised if the #Canucks set their sights on signing UFA D Luke Schenn this week.
9:18 AM - 18 Jun 2019
"evolution"

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by theman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 am

Well thank god we are getting Luke Scheen under contract this week.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:38 am

theman wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 am
Well thank god we are getting Luke Scheen under contract this week.
gamechanger.
"evolution"

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by theman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 am

micky107 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:38 am
theman wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 am
Well thank god we are getting Luke Scheen under contract this week.
gamechanger.
Job saver for Benning

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:45 am

Rasmus Ristolainen stats;

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=139048

Canucks seem to be asking. I don't know what it would cost but that plus/minus is, if nothing else, notable.
"evolution"

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 am

micky107 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:45 am
Rasmus Ristolainen stats;

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=139048

Canucks seem to be asking. I don't know what it would cost but that plus/minus is, if nothing else, notable.
No real word on who the dman is the Nucks are talking to the Sabres about - if it's Risto or Montour I'm fine with it, if it's Bogosian he's awful, like worse than Guddy awful.

If they are looking at anything involving the #10 pick though it's nowhere near enough coming back, unless they expand the deal to include more pieces.

Locked