2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 pm God I hope Zegras falls
I like Zegras and Newhook. Not sure about Krebs though. He seems to have weak stringy legs like the Dude.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:01 pm
I like Zegras and Newhook. Not sure about Krebs though. He seems to have weak stringy legs like the Dude.
I like newhook as well and he’d be a great grab as well.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zegras 6’-0 174 lbs
Krebs 5’-11” 181 lbs
Blob - 5’-10” 255 lbs

If Krebs has stringy legs, then Zegras has no legs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Howdy. Been lurkin for awhile - twas difficult getting into a bruin-blues final... kinda really didnt give a shit who took it. Can't say Ive ever come across a Blues fan in my 57 years - ever.

Anyways, to the topic at hand. Benning came out an said recently that he wasn't opposed to dropping back in the draft, which ofcourse means picking up another pick in all likelihood. So i was just surmising for amusement sake what thst might look like.

The next 6 picks behind Van in the first round includes: Philly, Minny, Florida, Arizona, Montreal, and Colorado. Of those 6, only Montreal has more than 1 second rounder that they might want to play with. I dont know, but would a team be willing to give up their 1 and only 2nd round pick in order to move up to where Van is at 10 (ofcourse it goes without saying thst they would also be giving up their first as well)? And what would the Canucks hope to achieve by doing that? Grabbing a reasonably high ranked defencemen... or two? Yeah, it's all thory an hypotheticals. I dont see Benning trying to move up though, and truthfully, there's still a ways to go before the cupboards are really stocked with grade A prospects (one look at the Comets tells the story).

Is there added pressure on Benning to 'sparkle' at this draft when its in Van, and he's up for contract renewal? I recall seeing a local writer put forth the question about whether Benning is capable of putting together a complex trade/deal? LoL Truth is, he hasnt really shown any 'brilliance' on the wheel an deal front to date. Yes, yes, ole Jim can draft well (usually), but is that enough for Jim to stay around? Anyways, the main point or question i wish to put forward here has to do with the viability of Benning actually falling back in the draft this year- does it make sense?
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:26 pm
Zegras 6’-0 174 lbs
Krebs 5’-11” 181 lbs
Blob - 5’-10” 255 lbs

If Krebs has stringy legs, then Zegras has no legs
Dude - 5’ 1” 191 he’s a six footer wearing his trickster KISS boots folks
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Manboobs or Mammory Glands or Manzeer, I’d be happy with either or of Zegras or Krebs. I believe Zegras will be gone before 10.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:15 am
Dude - 5’ 1” 191 he’s a six footer wearing his trickster KISS boots folks
I love this place...Image
"evolution"
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I give up.
U guys dont have a frikin clue about who represents a superior pick over another... not one iota.

And here i am looking for engagement and validation from man-boob theorists... jeesus.
I'll stick to lurking.
cc oldtimer
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

nuckster wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 am I give up.
U guys dont have a frikin clue about who represents a superior pick over another... not one iota.

And here i am looking for engagement and validation from man-boob theorists... jeesus.
I'll stick to lurking.
Why are you mad? I wont quote your post but there was not one single draft eligible players name in it.
Who do you think the Canucks would benefit the most in selecting?

We'll talk all day on that.

It's really gonna warm up now.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya know, back in january, I really thought the Canucks would be in a position to draft this guy;

And I actually thought we'd be drafting down to do it.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 am Ya know, back in january, I really thought the Canucks would be in a position to draft this guy;
[Kirby Dach]
And I actually thought we'd be drafting down to do it.
The only way we got a shot at him is the infamous Eriksson for Lucic (NMC waived for Seattle) swap + #10 for #8.

#8 is the best chance at Zegras, Cozens or Dach - all that needs to happen is Detroit's Yzerman to take his beloved Russians Podkolzin. As I don't see any of those three getting past the sabres/oilers/ducks to #10.

Why swapping LE + #10 for ML + #8 is the best shot for the Canucks to land a future all-star.

I'm just not comfortable taking Caufield or Krebs at #10, Newhook I'm 50/50 on, but he could be better than Tyson Jost and Kyle Turris, hardly game breakers but good players & former BCHL prolific scorers. Newhook was better in the playoffs and was solid on the Team Canada junior team.

Zegras, Cozens and even Dach though would be awesome, but for that we need to move up to at least #8.

Dach would give us an insane #1/#2/#3 center depth punch for the long run - cost controlled.

Petey (mr uberstar)
Horvat (mr north/south captain)
Dach (big burly slick passer/playmaker)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 am
I'm just not comfortable taking Caufield or Krebs at #10, Newhook I'm 50/50 on, but he could be better than Tyson Jost and Kyle Turris, hardly game breakers but good players & former BCHL prolific scorers. Newhook was better in the playoffs and was solid on the Team Canada junior team.
Ya, I've looked at highlights till I'm blue in the face. No doubt Caufield does remarkable for his size but he darts around.
Doesn't really have a powerful skating stride. Looks amazing but could he get away with that in the NHL.
If I'm a manager, I take a pass. Krebs, I think, will go about 12th.
Seriously think Newhook goes higher that his projection.
"evolution"
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:24 am

I'll stick to lurking.
Why are you mad? I wont quote your post but there was not one single draft eligible players name in it.
Who do you think the Canucks would benefit the most in selecting?

We'll talk all day on that.

It's really gonna warm up now.
Well that's just it, i dont have a clue who they're going to draft; i speculated that maybe he'll go for two defencemen... i dunno? As for being mad, i didnt think i was - didnt mean to across like that... maybe i should stick to lurking? :eh:
cc oldtimer
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'll stick to lurking.
Youre looking for man boobs?
If you need air...call it in
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:10 pm

I'll stick to lurking.
Youre looking for man boobs?
Nah , trying to give them up... they never seem hairy enough for me :crazy: (now there's a visual that could induce a good spew the morning after tying one on).
cc oldtimer