2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:28 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Those contracts are tradeable if Elmer eats a big chunk of $$ or takes an equally shitty contract back. End of story.
Wrong regarding Sutter

Erikssons last 2 years of his contract ($4 Million per and modified NTC) makes him attractive in a “hockey trade”
Sure I can see teams lining up to take these two air thieves off of Elmer’s hands. Who wouldn’t want a couple fourth liners for that kinda dough? May as well keep them. Play them with Beagle and have a 13.35 million dollar 4th line

As a a asside you might want to check out the Jets board. None of them want Myers back at more than about 4 million per. But hey what would they know about their own player? Keep on keeping on man.

Really hope they are picking Newhook, Boldy or Zegras.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Like I said if you can get Myers cheap then do it but at the same time nothing cheap about UFA’s but if you wanna play ya gotta pay. Blobbee obviously still prefers wearing skirts instead of big boy pants

Top 6 forward UFAs - Neal and Okposo
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'm less inclined to see Myers here after reading that he was used in a 4/5 role in Winnipeg this year, and that the Jets were constantly a worse team with him on the ice according to the analytics.

He'd have to come cheap.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:51 pm I'm less inclined to see Myers here after reading that he was used in a 4/5 role in Winnipeg this year, and that the Jets were constantly a worse team with him on the ice according to the analytics.

He'd have to come cheap.
Karlsson or Panarin baby!!

Go big or go home!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:51 pm I'm less inclined to see Myers here after reading that he was used in a 4/5 role in Winnipeg this year, and that the Jets were constantly a worse team with him on the ice according to the analytics.

He'd have to come cheap.

Go big or go home!
Or Duchene. Agree. Tiff you are going to spend 6 or 7 million on a fringe second line forward or a 4/5 d man , then spend 10 or 11 on a legit D man or a game breaking forward.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

He'd have to come cheap.

Go big or go home!
Well I am on board with that.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:18 pm

He'd have to come cheap.

Go big or go home!
Or Duchene. Agree. Tiff you are going to spend 6 or 7 million on a fringe second line forward or a 4/5 d man , then spend 10 or 11 on a legit D man or a game breaking forward.
Were you impressed with Karlssons stint in SJ? I wasn’t. The injuries are piling up, are you willing to risk $11 Million on that?

I’d rather Panarin or Duchene to be honest.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I just don’t want moar Sutters, Beagles, Erikssons etc.

Go big or go home. Karlsson’s injuries slowed him down this season. Is that the new norm? I’m not sure but if it is yeah you have to be a little concerned.

Back to the draft. A forward looks to be the best player available. All the D except Byram are consistently 13 - 18. If they have to have a D then grab a second from another team and drop down. Should really excite the home crowd :twisted:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zegras
Krebs
Boldy
Cozens
Podkozlin
Broberg
Newhook

In that order of whoever is available

Hope the BPA at our 2nd round pick is a D-man if we pick a forward with our 1st and vice versa

Remember, Jim likes to always draft a D-man somewhere in the first 3 rounds. Mike Gillis didn’t. Jim also likes drafting goalies, Gillis didn’t (only Cannata in 6 drafts)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Karlsson wants to play in Ottawa or Montreal. His wife wants to go back to that area. He has already let in be known that he hopes those two teams make a competitive offer for him. I cant see him coming here at all. If neither of those two teams wants him I see him somewhere in the East.

Pettersson wants a sniper. I think they go after Panarin.

Im ok if they sign a Benn or Myers on D but not with a full NMC. If thats the case we should just re-sign Edler for 3-4 years with the full NMC.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I believe Karlsson May want to play in the East.

Ottawa isn’t happening. He HATES Eugene Melnyk.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:09 pm I believe Karlsson May want to play in the East.

Yeah, I think Melnyk burned that bridge pretty good. Can Montreal afford him and Weber?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:51 pm Karlsson wants to play in Ottawa or Montreal. His wife wants to go back to that area.
Then Vancouver needs to send a foxy home-wrecking seductress his way!

All's fair in love and hockey amirite? :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lancer wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:15 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:09 pm I believe Karlsson May want to play in the East.

Yeah, I think Melnyk burned that bridge pretty good.
Also pretty sure that cheepass doesn't want to pay for that contract.

Lancer wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:15 pm Can Montreal afford him and Weber?
Well they can just send Mr Weber home to BC! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Panarin, in one fell swoop, changes plenty.
TWO, very dangerous lines. Easy to cover one, most teams can but two probably gets you
into the after season games; what are they called? Don't remember. Oh well.
That also lightens the load on defense a bit too. Best defense is a good offense!!!!!
We got a ton of our wins in extra time last year.

Actually. we'd need one more top six wouldn't we
Maybe Kapanen if TO needs to cut costs. Someone like that for Bo and Pearson.
"evolution"