2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm Gaudette is already as effective as Sutter. Losing a Sutter or a Beagle isn’t going to tip the balance in a season.
No they are not gonna bring us to the promised land to plan the parade on Georgia street, but they'll help keep us in the game to ultimately help reach the playoffs, center depth is pretty vital.
Yes but Sutter and Beagle are bottom end bottom line players. Hand the third line reins to Gaudette and rip the fucking bandaid off. Trade Sutter if you can hoodwink a team into giving you anything for him. I just want the salary gone. Mëds is correct. This team needs to start turfing the bloated bottom end guys.
Who are you replacing with that salary? And don’t pull the bs weaponize cap space nonsense.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:08 pm Who are you replacing with that salary? And don’t pull the bs weaponize cap space nonsense.
Exactly, some of these chicken-littles seem to think we're desperate for cap space...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:08 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm Gaudette is already as effective as Sutter. Losing a Sutter or a Beagle isn’t going to tip the balance in a season.
No they are not gonna bring us to the promised land to plan the parade on Georgia street, but they'll help keep us in the game to ultimately help reach the playoffs, center depth is pretty vital.
Yes but Sutter and Beagle are bottom end bottom line players. Hand the third line reins to Gaudette and rip the fucking bandaid off. Trade Sutter if you can hoodwink a team into giving you anything for him. I just want the salary gone. Mëds is correct. This team needs to start turfing the bloated bottom end guys.
Who are you replacing with that salary? And don’t pull the bs weaponize cap space nonsense.
Kick the tires in Tampa. See if they want to move out a good player for a prospect or a pick that isn’t lighting it up. I’m of the opinion that this team can make the playoffs in 2021 if they manage the roster properly. Spending 19 million on four 4th line scrubs is silly. Clear out the deadweight ASAP. Flesh that shit out. Sutter, Sooner, Louis, Beagle could be replaced by four equal players for 6 million
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

What's the point havin a gun if there aint nothin to shoot at?
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm Nothing in here that I outright disagree with, my competitive comment refers to in game not overall record. Losing by 1 or 2 is a lot better than by 3 or 4. Gagner was signed as insurance for when the sedins retired and petey not being ready. Not many people figured petey would step in like he did. This summer, this year and next summer are very important. Unloading Eriksson would be a big step. I think Sutter is more important to the team than you think (if he can return to form). Him playing on the wing will give the team added depth.
If the plan is to move Sutter to the wing, then Baertschi and Loui gotta go. He's still over priced as a winger, but whatever.

Benning shit the bed on his extension. Sutter just was never worth $4+M AND any kind of trade protection.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:46 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:08 pm Who are you replacing with that salary? And don’t pull the bs weaponize cap space nonsense.
Kick the tires in Tampa. See if they want to move out a good player for a prospect or a pick that isn’t lighting it up. I’m of the opinion that this team can make the playoffs in 2021 if they manage the roster properly. Spending 19 million on four 4th line scrubs is silly. Clear out the deadweight ASAP. Flesh that shit out. Sutter, Sooner, Louis, Beagle could be replaced by four equal players for 6 million
And who on Tampa is gonna waive to go to vancouver?? This is the bs I’m talking about.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm If the plan is to move Sutter to the wing, then Baertschi and Loui gotta go. He's still over priced as a winger, but whatever.

Benning shit the bed on his extension. Sutter just was never worth $4+M AND any kind of trade protection.
Unfortunately I think Baertschi is gone, but not as a trade, he’ll be concussed early and sit out on ltir
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:46 pm Kick the tires in Tampa. See if they want to move out a good player for a prospect or a pick that isn’t lighting it up. I’m of the opinion that this team can make the playoffs in 2021 if they manage the roster properly. Spending 19 million on four 4th line scrubs is silly. Clear out the deadweight ASAP. Flesh that shit out. Sutter, Sooner, Louis, Beagle could be replaced by four equal players for 6 million
I disagree on Beagle. He's probably a $2M guy considering how good he is at the dot and his grind game. He got a payday because he had just put a ring on his finger. Spooner and Loui could be replaced by two guys making $4M, and Sutter by a guy making $2.5M. I'd prefer seeing someone actually worth Sutter's salary in that 3C spot though.

Eriksson, Spooner, Sutter, and Baertschi, out. Panarin or Duchene in.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:58 pm
Unfortunately I think Baertschi is gone, but not as a trade, he’ll be concussed early and sit out on ltir
Ya, your onto something there. Now he is worth something. Prudent to try and make a trade soon.
Funny, last year, near the end, Trav said he's good to go, he's fine, but Baer was hesitant.
He has a confidence problem and is scared. You could tell.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm And who on Tampa is gonna waive to go to vancouver?? This is the bs I’m talking about.
It’s not BS. You and the other guzzlers have already said teams get players to waive ntc/nmc all the time but not now. How convenient... enjoy your sperm shake
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm And who on Tampa is gonna waive to go to vancouver?? This is the bs I’m talking about.
It’s not BS. You and the other guzzlers have already said teams get players to waive ntc/nmc all the time but not now. How convenient... enjoy your sperm shake
It’s wishful thinking on your part. There are lots of other teams that would take those players especially on the east coast, those guys are not gonna waive to a Canadian west coast team. We didn’t get Edler to waive his, Louie might if he’s threatened with waivers, but I doubt he waives for the entire league.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 pm
It’s wishful thinking on your part. There are lots of other teams that would take those players especially on the east coast, those guys are not gonna waive to a Canadian west coast team. We didn’t get Edler to waive his, Louie might if he’s threatened with waivers, but I doubt he waives for the entire league.
He'd probably waive for most American teams and anywhere east of Manitoba.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Gaudette may one day become as effective as Sutter, but he is not there yet. This is why I put out the idea of Sutter on Gaudette's wing or visa versa based upon the situation. face offs and defensive play, Gaudette is still learning.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm Nothing in here that I outright disagree with, my competitive comment refers to in game not overall record. Losing by 1 or 2 is a lot better than by 3 or 4. Gagner was signed as insurance for when the sedins retired and petey not being ready. Not many people figured petey would step in like he did. This summer, this year and next summer are very important. Unloading Eriksson would be a big step. I think Sutter is more important to the team than you think (if he can return to form). Him playing on the wing will give the team added depth.
If the plan is to move Sutter to the wing, then Baertschi and Loui gotta go. He's still over priced as a winger, but whatever.

Nope. More like Benning is taking big shits in your bed, while you sleep.

Sutter is not overpaid at $4.3 Million. You want overpaid? 10 million William
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 pm Gaudette may one day become as effective as Sutter, but he is not there yet. This is why I put out the idea of Sutter on Gaudette's wing or visa versa based upon the situation. face offs and defensive play, Gaudette is still learning.
I like this line of thought, Tops.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau