Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm We have to give Eriksson his due. He has united this board!
You always know just what to say :lol:

Weeeeeee tomorrow isn't it?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:06 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm We have to give Eriksson his due. He has united this board!
LOL!

I hear that Doc and the Dude secretly still want to keep him.....they love his flow.
You want Lucic and you think other folks are wacky...
Who said anything about anyone being wacky? There you go putting words into people's posts again!
You think it's perfectly sane for folks to want a hockey player on one's team solely because they "love his flow"? :wow:

*backs away slowly*

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 pm I don't want Lucic, nor would I be upset if that's how we unloaded Eriksson.

But there you go putting words into people's posts again!
Well some of your posts over the past few days seem to suggest you're in favour of a Loui for Lucic swap.

Or maybe you should answer your own questions:
Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:27 am The question is: If we want to push for the playoffs, who do you want in the bottom-6 should we get there, Eriksson or Lucic?
EH?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 pm I suspect that any trade that brings in a vet with term of more than 2 years will be under the condition that any NTC or NMC will be waived prior to the expansion draft.
Did that happen prior to the last expansion draft?
I have no idea. Did it?
Nope.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I remember it like it was yesterday when SL et al wanted some assholes on the team.

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... es#p283013

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... es#p290637

We finally can get ONE, and it's nope! - keep mr invisible Eriksson - where some games you're like "is Loui even playing?"
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:14 pm
You think it's perfectly sane for folks to want a hockey player on one's team solely because they "love his flow"? :wow:

*backs away slowly*
Or other posters dont like him cuz his pipe might taste like smegma?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:18 pm I remember it like it was yesterday when SL et al wanted some assholes on the team.

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... es#p283013

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... es#p290637

We finally can get ONE, and it's nope! - keep mr invisible Eriksson - where some games you're like "is Loui even playing?"
I've always said "assholes who can play".

Sadly that's not Lucic.

(these days)

(and he's not much of an asshole anymore these days either)

Like I say, there are plenty of assholes available who can play the game like Lucic.

Better to get one with a third the salary/term and no NMC.

(in other words a closer-to-appropriate contract)

Lucic is a boat anchor...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:57 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:43 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:52 pm
Eriksson "helps teams win" much more than Lucic.
Sure...too bad those teams arent based in vancouver
No shit. The guy has been an unmitigated disaster here.

His play is uglier than Rocky Dennis flipping out on shrooms wearing a prom dress
This didn’t get enough love
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:34 pm This didn’t get enough love
Well you love it and that's the main thing right? :wink:

"much more than Lucic"
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I lived in coilerland the past few years and watched my share of Lucic. Yeah no thanks. The guy can barely skate and never would be a factor on anything other than scrums. Whats the point? Teach other teams a lesson? Ha! Hes gassed by the whistle and just stands there sucking wind 99% of the time.

The best scenario is Loui gone from the books without having to add to the deal. Period.
If you need air...call it in
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 pm I lived in coilerland the past few years and watched my share of Lucic. Yeah no thanks. The guy can barely skate and never would be a factor on anything other than scrums. Whats the point? Teach other teams a lesson? Ha! Hes gassed by the whistle and just stands there sucking wind 99% of the time.

The best scenario is Loui gone from the books without having to add to the deal. Period.
Amen.

The only way I would want Lucic (and his contract) is if that were the only way of ridding us of Loui. There seem to be several alternatives so no thanks.

We already have a protective presence in Schenn who is probably doing more than would Lucic anyway (he is definitely doing more than Guddy did). That isn't to say we shouldn't have more protective presences, but not at a 6 million price tag nor a protection spot in the expansion draft.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Imagine being another team fan getting offered Eriksson? lol they'd probably cut him up more than Lucic.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

LOL!

I hear that Doc and the Dude secretly still want to keep him.....they love his flow.
Who said anything about anyone being wacky? There you go putting words into people's posts again!

*backs away slowly*
Oh I see how it is. I have to read between the lines and know when you're being facetious, but you don't have to going the other way?

There's a great deal about much of your shtick that smells a lot like canned tuna.....
Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 pm I don't want Lucic, nor would I be upset if that's how we unloaded Eriksson.

Well some of your posts over the past few days seem to suggest you're in favour of a Loui for Lucic swap.

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:27 am The question is: If we want to push for the playoffs, who do you want in the bottom-6 should we get there, Eriksson or Lucic?
EH?
I would be in favour of it, but only if the alternative is keeping Loui here. If Eriksson can be moved for a player as serviceable as Looch who is either cheaper or shorter term, then I'd be in favour of that.

As for my own question, in the playoffs do I want Eriksson or Lucic, the answer is Lucic 8 days a week.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The other ideal making the rounds is Eriksson for Neal (who doesn't have any clause) 4 x $5.75M left on contract.
Would a James Neal for Loui Eriksson swap be beneficial to both the Canucks and Flames? @Kent_Wilson
takes a look.

https://theathletic.com/1017634/2019/06 ... the-flames
/
(paywall)
Vancouver Canucks general manager Jim Benning might trade forward Loui Eriksson after the 33-year-old said he and Canucks coach Travis Green "don't really get on 100 percent."

"I am going to talk to Loui this week and get his thoughts on everything and why he made the comment he did, but (a trade) could be something that's real," Benning said, according to Kevin Woodley of NHL.com.

Eriksson, who has three years left on a six-year, $36-million contract, made the comments to Swedish website HockeySverige.se while playing for Sweden at the 2019 IIHF World Championship.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1784308
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 pm
LOL!

*backs away slowly*
Oh I see how it is. I have to read between the lines and know when you're being facetious, but you don't have to going the other way?
Yes because frankly you suck at being facetious.

Sorry to hear you also suck at reading between the lines. :(

Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 pm

EH?
I would be in favour of it, but only if the alternative is keeping Loui here. If Eriksson can be moved for a player as serviceable as Looch who is either cheaper or shorter term, then I'd be in favour of that.

As for my own question, in the playoffs do I want Eriksson or Lucic, the answer is Lucic 8 days a week.
AH, so I wasn't "putting words into people's posts"! :sly:

Let's recap, I read correctly between the lines, wisely ignored your facetiousness

... and arrived at the correct conclusion: You want Lucic. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 pm The other ideal making the rounds is Eriksson for Neal (who doesn't have any clause) 4 x $5.75M left on contract.
It's making the rounds in Moronville.
____
Try to focus on someday.