2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently a partial tear on Krebs achilles. Treated already and expected a full recovery back on the ice early in the season. Cut by a skate blade, and he was wearing special socks that protects against that
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:44 am Rather see them continue to build through the draft. Losing Edler and replacing him with Myers is a step backwards. Next years draft is loaded at the top. I’d be flogging Tanev in the next 9 months and seeing if we can’t get another first next year. We are a ways away from being competitive yet.
You can’t litter the lineup with 19 year olds Blob. Your not giving up an asset getting a UFA player 4 years younger than Edler. We are still building through the draft, Myers isn’t stopping that

I don’t get the obsession with Karlsson. He’s not trending well. I’m more stressed about spending $11 million on a player for his past efforts who is injury prone and more concerned about his hair more than anything
I didn’t say to litter the lineup with 19 year olds. I just don’t like hamstringing the team with five to Sven year contracts at big dollars for bottom six forwards or bottom 3 D men. Save your term and your $$ for impact players not average players
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:47 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:44 am Rather see them continue to build through the draft. Losing Edler and replacing him with Myers is a step backwards. Next years draft is loaded at the top. I’d be flogging Tanev in the next 9 months and seeing if we can’t get another first next year. We are a ways away from being competitive yet.
You can’t litter the lineup with 19 year olds Blob. Your not giving up an asset getting a UFA player 4 years younger than Edler. We are still building through the draft, Myers isn’t stopping that

I don’t get the obsession with Karlsson. He’s not trending well. I’m more stressed about spending $11 million on a player for his past efforts who is injury prone and more concerned about his hair more than anything
I didn’t say to litter the lineup with 19 year olds. I just don’t like hamstringing the team with five to Sven year contracts at big dollars for bottom six forwards or bottom 3 D men. Save your term and your $$ for impact players not average players
Like top 6 forwards like Kyle Okposo and James Neal?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Eriksson and Sutter have been a disaster. Some fans want to continue to add these caliber of players and sign them to ludicrous contracts. You can’t fix stupid.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:01 pm Eriksson and Sutter have been a disaster. Some fans want to continue to add these caliber of players and sign them to ludicrous contracts. You can’t fix stupid.
Okposo and Neal are top 6 forwards. I remember the dingbats at 1040 being mad at Benning for not going after Neal instead of Beagle
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:01 pm Eriksson and Sutter have been a disaster. Some fans want to continue to add these caliber of players and sign them to ludicrous contracts. You can’t fix stupid.
Okposo and Neal are top 6 forwards. I remember the dingbats at 1040 being mad at Benning for not going after Neal instead of Beagle
Who cares? Try to stay in present time dude. You want Broberg and Myers. I’d prefer Newhook and Jordie Benn. Can play either side and I’ll keep the 3 or 4 million in annual cap space and he won’t command a seven year deal.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2 years left on Sutters contract, becomes a 15 team modified NTC after this July. Just turned 30. A very tradeable asset

Erikssons last 3 years pays him $5 million this year and $4 million in the remaining 2 years in which the last 2 years the NTC becomes modified. Very tradeable after next season or even no in a “hockey trade”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:11 pm 2 years left on Sutters contract, becomes a 5 team modified NTC after July. Just turned 30. A very tradeable asset

Erikssons last 3 years pays him $5 million this year and $4 million in the remaining 2 years in which the last 2 years the NTC becomes modified. Very tradeable after next season or even no in a “hockey trade”
They were garbage contracts. Why do you want to continue the trend? Makes no sense. Furthermore they aren’t tradeable unless you eat a big chunk of $$ or take another shitty contract back
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:10 pm
and Jordie Benn.
Your obsession with BC born Players is your weakness - Ladd, Brouwer, Alzner, Lucic....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:13 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:10 pm
and Jordie Benn.
Your obsession with BC born Players is your weakness - Ladd, Brouwer, Alzner, Lucic....
Meh not going to participate in your diaper flinging.

Benn is marginally worse than Myers and will get about half the term and half the $$ Myers will get. Then again you haven’t quite grasped that there is a cap in the league so maybe that’s why you want to continue to see the Canucks sign crappy players to max term and high dollar contracts

BTW Benn had similar ES points stats to Myers at a fraction of the cost. He also plays more physical than the Friendly Giant
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:12 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:11 pm 2 years left on Sutters contract, becomes a 5 team modified NTC after July. Just turned 30. A very tradeable asset

They were garbage contracts. Why do you want to continue the trend? Makes no sense. Furthermore they aren’t tradeable unless you eat a big chunk of $$ or take another shitty contract back
Sutter is very tradeable at next TDL with 1 year remaining on only a 4.3 million contract and only 30 years old and is a centre and well respected in the room, get over yourself

Eriksson in a hockey trade next off season with only 2 years remaining at $4 Million per

Curious why you never complained about the Buyout Bro’s contacts? Booth $4.5 Million and Ballard $4.2 Million But can’t stop regarding Sutters? Who most sane people would take over those two idiot Gillis acquisitions?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:17 pm

BTW Benn had similar ES points stats to Myers at a fraction of the cost. He also plays more physical than the Friendly Giant
Pass. We got Schenn

Dude, you need to stop thinking that the Benns are tough and that somehow matters today’s hockey. Jordie isn’t tough, btw, but who the fuck cares, try to stay current
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sure may as well bitch about the Messier contract while we are at it. It has as much relevance to the current team as Ballard and Booth.

Those contracts are tradeable if Elmer eats a big chunk of $$ or takes an equally shitty contract back. End of story.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Pass. We got Schenn

Dude, you need to stop thinking that the Benns are tough and that somehow matters today’s hockey. Jordie isn’t tough, btw, but who the fuck cares, try to stay current
Didn’t say he was tough. Just more physical than Myers. And he’s pretty much equal as a player. But hey tards gonna tard. Gotsta pay him 7 x 7. Yuck.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Those contracts are tradeable if Elmer eats a big chunk of $$ or takes an equally shitty contract back. End of story.
Wrong regarding Sutter. Next TDL he names a 15 team trade list with 1 year left on contract and only 30. Just when Gaudette or Madden are lining up for that 3C spot

Erikssons last 2 years of his contract ($4 Million per and modified NTC) makes him attractive in a “hockey trade”