2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:43 pm
micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:48 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:20 pm Where is this fabled thread devoid of ribbings? I must tarnish it immediately
A quick sampling;

Carlyee; The Canucks last 3 games have been very entertaining.

Micky107; Considering the tough schedule, the team has shown admirably.

Uncle dans leg; I find the games more enjoyable when we score at least one more goal than the opposition.

==========================================================================================================
I think some of us posted with remarkable insight, free of derogatory annotations, yet somewhat exciting, enthralling.
Certainly was something to jump out of bed for in the morning.
Micky, you make it sound like a thread for the lobotomized! :lol:
Huh? Wat? Dat you Doc? Can't seem to hear outta ma left eer; you say lobomotion/ fukeing luv dat song

"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:43 pm
micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:48 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:20 pm Where is this fabled thread devoid of ribbings? I must tarnish it immediately
A quick sampling;

Carlyee; The Canucks last 3 games have been very entertaining.

Micky107; Considering the tough schedule, the team has shown admirably.

Uncle dans leg; I find the games more enjoyable when we score at least one more goal than the opposition.

==========================================================================================================
I think some of us posted with remarkable insight, free of derogatory annotations, yet somewhat exciting, enthralling.
Certainly was something to jump out of bed for in the morning.
Micky, you make it sound like a thread for the lobotomized! :lol:
Without humour and good natured ribbing this site would be akin to the planet earth living in the invasion of the bodysnatchers future while discussing hockey and only hockey.

Where's donald sutherlands accusing finger pointing and howling when you need it
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:10 pm Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:12 pm
:lol:

Can you change his avatar to that permanently?
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Notice the Blues and Bruins don't have anyone massively overpaid?

Not one player making over $7.5M per who is Tarasenko, Krejci is next at $7.25M per.

Drafted and developed talent over the years and made shrewd but hard to make trades while trading fan favourites with zero fucks given for the long term health of the franchise, team said fuck the media, fuck the fans, we are going to do what's right for the future. aha

Also sold players with a year left on contract for picks. (looks at Tanev :hmmm: ).

That's how ya win if you don't ever get lucky to win 1st overall talents like the Penguins and Blackhawks have.

Also why I don't want to overpay for Panarin or EK anymore in this salary cap era.

The best UFA signing last summer was Perron by the Blues for 4 years @ $4M per.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s a fair point that some of us have tried to drive into a few concrete skulls here. Cap space matters. You either know how to manage a cap or you don’t. Yet some are licking their lips wanting Myers and/or Gardiner for six or seven years.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 pm Notice the Blues and Bruins don't have anyone massively overpaid?

Not one player making over $7.5M per who is Tarasenko, Krejci is next at $7.25M per.

Drafted and developed talent over the years and made shrewd but hard to make trades while trading fan favourites with zero fucks given for the long term health of the franchise, team said fuck the media, fuck the fans, we are going to do what's right for the future. aha

Also sold players with a year left on contract for picks. (looks at Tanev :hmmm: ).

That's how ya win if you don't ever get lucky to win 1st overall talents like the Penguins and Blackhawks have.

Also why I don't want to overpay for Panarin or EK anymore in this salary cap era.

Marchand, Pastrnak, and Bergeron were all in the Top 8 points per game this year!

Point being, they should be among the highest paid in the game.

But see, before he left, Jimmy taught them how to negotiate with star players.

Gotta love that Horvat contract....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm It’s a fair point that some of us have tried to drive into a few concrete skulls here. Cap space matters.
No, you were always Wrongo Luongo with all your blathering!

Cap space does not matter in a rebuild.

Skyo was talking about contenders.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm You either know how to manage a cap or you don’t.
And when DonCherry4PM's Canucks are contenders we'll find out how good Jimmy is at dat dere...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm Yet some are licking their lips wanting Myers and/or Gardiner for six or seven years.
Who?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Higgins and Garrison and Edler and Hamius and Keslers full term NTC’s have been a problem for us thanks to the Players Agent. Benning knows how to modify trade clauses in the last couple years on contracts. Yup and what a coup the Horvat contract is!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:54 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm It’s a fair point that some of us have tried to drive into a few concrete skulls here. Cap space matters.
No, you were always Wrongo Luongo with all your blathering!

Cap space does not matter in a rebuild.

“My contract sucks” Bobbee Luongee
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 pm Notice the Blues and Bruins don't have anyone massively overpaid?

Drafted and developed talent over the years and made shrewd but hard to make trades while trading fan favourites with zero fucks given for the long term health...

Yay!!! Welcome to the dark side!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pmYou think I give a flying one about that thread?? :crazy:
Interesting that you feel the need to comment on it when you "don't give a flying one about [it]", but then it stands to reason that is how someone would amass as many posts as you.
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pmWhatevs pal, you go right ahead and post exclusively in that thread 24/7/365, it's all good, knock yourself out! :thumbs:
I don't recall ever saying anything about exclusively posting in that thread but please continue with your erroneous narrative.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:12 pm
:lol: This is perhaps the best of your nearly 20,000 posts. Maybe you should stick to gifs and pictures exclusively?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle Dan's Leg, made reference to Bandy, on some other thread, so I looked into it and was aghast.

I though it was like the roller hockey we sometimes played at the Richmond ice center in the summer.

This may well be the most ridiculous game I have ever seen.

FFS, don't ever let the NHL rule's makers see the size of the nets.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:01 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pmYou think I give a flying one about that thread?? :crazy:
Interesting that you feel the need to comment on it when you "don't give a flying one about [it]", but then it stands to reason that is how someone would amass as many posts as you.
I had to tell you that I don't give a flying one about that thread because you obviously believed the opposite.

Note: I did not say I do not give a flying one about "commenting" on the thread I do not give a flying one about. :mex:

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:01 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pm Whatevs pal, you go right ahead and post exclusively in that thread 24/7/365, it's all good, knock yourself out! :thumbs:
I don't recall ever saying anything about exclusively posting in that thread but please continue with your erroneous narrative.
I don't recall ever saying anything about you ever saying anything about exclusively posting in that thread

... but please continue with your erroneous narrative.

Are we talking about hockey yet Mr Hockey Only? 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Drafted and developed talent over the years and made shrewd but hard to make trades while trading fan favourites with zero fucks given for the long term health...

Yay!!! Welcome to the dark side!!
lol I hate you. ayyeeeeeeeeee :lol:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.