Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:39 pm Anyone listen to Taylor and the Moj show today on 1040? Somebody asked Donny “did you used to drink with Al Davidson down at Trader Vic’s?”

That was me. I know how to ask the questions.
And with that question you just became the best hockey media man in Vancouver. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:39 pm Anyone listen to Taylor and the Moj show today on 1040? Somebody asked Donny “did you used to drink with Al Davidson down at Trader Vic’s?”

That was me. I know how to ask the questions.
All along I thought you were Johnny from the Pizzeria on Commercial Drive

My buddy Trevor phones in from Poco Building Supplies sometimes.

I’ve only ever been on twice. Once where I carved Pratt that he had no business talking about Baseball because he wasn’t qualified to comment on the game. I told him to stick to the Canucks and the CFL. I got cut off and he went on a rant that callers like me piss him off and he’s been in the business for 30 plus years yada yada yada. Another time with Pratt where he thought that baseball hitters generated their power from their chests and shoulders and I lit him up.

Both times I could hear Moj snickering in the background
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’ve been sending in lots of shit to the Taylot and Moj. I asked them prior to the Trader Vic’s question “when are they going to get some of the legends like John McKeachie, Bernie Pascall, Greg Douglas, Barry Houlihan, Ken Gilchrist guesting on the show? There’s only so much Tony Gallagher I can take.”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Listened to Halford and Brough this morning and they had Chris Pronger on. He’s a good interview, thoughtful, intelligent, well spoken. He’s been Dale Tallon’s right hand for two years and when he took that job he said his goal was to become a GM. Will be interesting to see where he may land in the next few years.

He was an awesome player. Might make a good manager one day too.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

And yesterday Halford and Brough introduced me to their listening audience with “we have a listener - (my name), and he is a huge fan of Jim Benning, but he’s not a fan of us” and then they proceeded to read out my question. Lol
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I listen from 6:40 - 7:00 on my commute and then around 3:00 - 3:30. That’s it for the day. Too boring, shitty hosts, worse guests, bad content and lousy callers. I’m pissed since they yanked 1410 and took away the alternative.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:21 pm I listen from 6:40 - 7:00 on my commute and then around 3:00 - 3:30. That’s it for the day. Too boring, shitty hosts, worse guests, bad content and lousy callers. I’m pissed since they yanked 1410 and took away the alternative.
Then you missed Chef Boi RD’s introduction to the 1040 masses? It was around 7:30 am

Reefer, your thoughts?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:21 pm I listen from 6:40 - 7:00 on my commute and then around 3:00 - 3:30. That’s it for the day. Too boring, shitty hosts, worse guests, bad content and lousy callers. I’m pissed since they yanked 1410 and took away the alternative.
Then you missed Chef Boi RD’s introduction to the 1040 masses? It was around 7:30 am

Reefer, your thoughts?
Do you have a nasally voice like Matt Sekeres?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:12 pm And yesterday Halford and Brough introduced me to their listening audience with “we have a listener - (my name), and he is a huge fan of Jim Benning, but he’s not a fan of us” and then they proceeded to read out my question. Lol

J/K
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:33 pm

Reefer, your thoughts?
I don’t call in, just emails.

People say my voice is similar to Sam Elliot’s.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:19 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:33 pm

Reefer, your thoughts?
I don’t call in, just emails.

People say my voice is similar to Sam Elliot’s.
But Sam Elliot is 6 ft 3 with a mane of hair. You’re 5ft 6 with a skullet
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

RD - 6’ 185 lbs

Blob - 5’-10” 255 lbs

Who are the ladies digging?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 am RD - 6’ 185 lbs

Blob - 5’-10” 255 lbs

Blob 6 ft 231

RD 5ft 6 220 grows four inches when he puts his KISS boots on.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:46 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 am RD - 6’ 185 lbs

Blob - 5’-10” 255 lbs

Blob 6 ft 231

Dude, you needs to shave off that 231 lbs by 40 lbs.