2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Chef Boi RD »

And how come the Bruins returned to the finals the next two seasons after winning it in 2011 and the Gillis Canucks got shit kicked to the curb in the first round of the playoffs in the next two seasons after losing in the finals in 2011

Benning knows hockey
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:40 am So another thread devolves into. Gillis/Benning rehash.... How surprising.

Let's try to keep this one on topic.
That was the Benning Army that got the ball rolling
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:43 am And how come the Bruins returned to the finals the next two seasons after winning it in 2011 and the Gillis Canucks got shit kicked to the curb in the first round of the playoffs in the next two seasons after losing in the finals in 2011

Benning knows hockey
Its all Gillis's fault.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm If they win I’d let Marchand make the 1st round pick in front of the Canucks fans while kissing his newest cup ring and chugging a bottle of whiskey.
Topper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 pmBut you hate Benning.
The truth comes out - blob is actually a Bruins fan.

It all makes sense now - Benning was dead to him as soon as he left the Black and Gold, he hates all canuck players, he cheers against the canucks, he doesn't watch the canucks once he's seen them out of the playoff picture and no longer a threat to his beloved B's.

Don't worry Blob, there's a place for you.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm If they win I’d let Marchand make the 1st round pick in front of the Canucks fans while kissing his newest cup ring and chugging a bottle of whiskey.

It all makes sense now - Benning was dead to him as soon as he left the Black and Gold, he hates all canuck players, he cheers against the canucks, he doesn't watch the canucks once he's seen them out of the playoff picture and no longer a threat to his beloved B's.

By Jove, Holmes, I do believe you've done it!

And here, all this time, I thought he was a Flames fan...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hey ESQ does doc tickle your rib cage with his arm so far up your ass? I hope he takes his rings off at least. :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 am
ESQ wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am

By Jove, Holmes, I do believe you've done it!

And here, all this time, I thought he was a Flames fan...
No shame in the former. Great shame in the latter.....that's a low blow Doc.

I've always loved the pack mentality of Boston teams, nobody messes with anyone without being swarmed by 4 or 5 other guys. It creates a culture where they all play for each other, and even when there's a douchebag like Marchand on the team, he's still part of the team. They play an aggressive, physical, take no prisoners, style of hockey that his heavily dosed with talent.

I used to consider Boston one of my top 5 teams up until 2011. They still aren't far out of that mix these days.....except if they're playing the Canucks. In that event they are my most hated team. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bob, Bill ,Barclay Plager, Red Berensen, 67-70, three times a brides maid. Will this be their year? Hope I don't jinx them.

I almost died when I realized how long ago it was. I still remember those teams.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Even though I’m no fan of the Blues and Bruins I think it’s going to be a war if those two meet in the finals

The Sharks are done, stick a fork
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am Even though I’m no fan of the Blues and Bruins I think it’s going to be a war if those two meet in the finals

You were right about the blues wearing them down.

Whats the deal with eastvander? He looks like a scrub in the playoffs...glad he didnt sign on in van after all
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Blues and Bruins deserve it. They have great balance throughout the line-up, goaltending, drffnce, centres, wingers, size, speed (although these two teams are not what I call fastest teams around) and the right sprinkle of small skilled guys. I give the Blues the slight edge. They both play a similar game

Funny how the Bruins have sustained being a Have team since 2011. It does help that their two best players Marchand and Beregeron were youngens in 2011. The Canucks had zero in the way of the next wave like Marchand and Beregeron after the core group of Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa etc. This is where Gillis dropped the ball, making a retool on the fly with the next Mgmt group a hopeless situation even though it was demanded by ownership, current contracts and dictated by the market and gate receipts. It does help getting lucky drafting Pasternak and McAvoy where they did, after bypassing on Connor, Barzal, Chabot and Boeser for Debrusk, Zenyshyn and Zboril. But like Pastrnak and McAvoy for the Bruins the stars aligned for the Canucks with Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. They just don’t have star players in their prime like Marchand and Beregeron leading the way for them thanks to Gillis providing zilch in that department.

Kane has gone completely cold. Can’t seem to do much.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon May 20, 2019 10:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 am Kane has gone completely cold. Can’t seem to do much.
He was terrible last game. Running around like a zombie.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am Even though I’m no fan of the Blues and Bruins I think it’s going to be a war if those two meet in the finals

Whats the deal with eastvander? He looks like a scrub in the playoffs...glad he didnt sign on in van after all
You wonder how many of these guys are hurting this time of year. It’s a war of attrition going three or four rounds deep.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 am

You wonder how many of these guys are hurting this time of year. It’s a war of attrition going three or four rounds deep.
Probably has something to do with it but still don’t think its enough to get by the Blues. Pavelski may not be 100% but he’s old like one knee Thornton is. Karlsson is Mr Glass now, Sami Salo style. Only so much Couture and Burns can do
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 am The Blues and Bruins deserve it. They have great balance throughout the line-up, goaltending, drffnce, centres, wingers, size, speed (although these two teams are not what I call fastest teams around) and the right sprinkle of small skilled guys. I give the Blues the slight edge. They both play a similar game

Funny how the Bruins have sustained being a Have team since 2011. It does help that their two best players Marchand and Beregeron were youngens in 2011. The Canucks had zero in the way of the next wave like Marchand and Beregeron after the core group of Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa etc. This is where Gillis dropped the ball, making a retool on the fly with the next Mgmt group a hopeless situation even though it was demanded by ownership, current contracts and dictated by the market and gate receipts. It does help getting lucky drafting Pasternak and McAvoy where they did, after bypassing on Connor, Barzal, Chabot and Boeser for Debrusk, Zenyshyn and Zboril. But like Pastrnak and McAvoy for the Bruins the stars aligned for the Canucks with Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. They just don’t have star players in their prime like Marchand and Beregeron leading the way for them thanks to Gillis providing zilch in that department.

Kane has gone completely cold. Can’t seem to do much.
Its all Gillis's fault.