2019 UFA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 UFA

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:47 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 pm People always go nuts on UFA day... but I think if we can avoid going crazy for the high-end guys, there could be some value in the secondary market. The big worry in my mind is that Benning gives a secondary guy top-tier money.
The secondary market is just as bad as the high end market when it comes to UFA season. It’s bad across the board. Why are we talking about this like it’s some kind of recent revelation. It’s been called crazy money season for years for a reason. If you want your GM to play and pay in July stop fucking moaning about it after the fact. You want players to sign with your team it will take generosity to get them to sign. Is this news or something?
Think Vrbata vs. Eriksson. They're not the same.

Your booze brain is showing. Get off the bottle for a day or two.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Your booze brain is showing. Get off the bottle for a day or two.
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder if one of the big fish would do a 2 year $20 Million contract?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 am I’d be fine if Elmer did nothing if he strikes out on Karlsson
Yeah if we are going to overspend on a UFA, might as well be someone who is elite and can score 60+ points on defense.

EK would really help the transition game for Petey/Horvat and Boeser.

Plus take some pressure off Hughes.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.