2019 UFA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 UFA

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:13 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 am I think if its me calling the shots i pass on ferland unless he comes in at a reasonable number...which he wont.

He could be our very own david clarkson
What’s reasonable to you? I say ~5ish for 4 years or 4ish for 5-6years. Would put him at 32. He would definitely fit Greene’s system and would help petey with his ability to forecheck and clean up garbage goals.
My best guess is some fucktard gm will pay him 6.5+ over 7 years. If u can get him as a ufa for 4 or 5 u do it. I just highly doubt he goes for that low and anything less than 7 years on the biggest payday of his life
Yeah at that price it’ll be a tough sell to the fan base. I wouldn’t even mind a 7th year but it’s gotta be a lot lower aav for that term.
Maybe pay that 6.5 if they can find a taker for all of loser looeys 6 mill yoke...also highly unlikely
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 am Elliotte is saying Vancouver is going to go hard after Micheal Ferland this summer.
Elliotte Friedman in regards to Vancouver Canucks:

“I’ve heard Ferland is one of the guys they’re kinda looking at

That is all he said about Ferland and your Vancouver Canucks...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Friedman, I'm sure, has many very good sources but I must admit, I find him almost over working the rumor mills now.\
Does that lower the credibility? Not sure, but Maybe.
Seems to have heard something on every player he's asked about.
Just saying.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:58 pm Friedman, I'm sure, has many very good sources but I must admit, I find him almost over working the rumor mills now.\
Does that lower the credibility? Not sure, but Maybe.
Seems to have heard something on every player he's asked about.
Just saying.
Yes, it's easy to say a team is going to pursue a player

... when usually no one will be able to confirm/deny it was ever true.

Also he often speculates about a team perhaps being interested in Player X only cuz it makes sense to him

... only to see the the dumb ass sheeple run with dat dere as "inside information".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:51 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 am Elliotte is saying Vancouver is going to go hard after Micheal Ferland this summer.
Elliotte Friedman in regards to Vancouver Canucks:

“I’ve heard Ferland is one of the guys they’re kinda looking at

That is all he said about Ferland and your Vancouver Canucks...
Haha ya hes meatball. I watch some of the ex-players on the panel when he talks and they look like they have a few inside jokes about the fat lower lipped one
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Gustav Nyqvist. Theres a pending UFA that might slide onto peteys left wing next year and compliment his line skillwise.

Much better option than blowing a wad on ferkland
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm Gustav Nyqvist. Theres a pending UFA that might slide onto peteys left wing next year and compliment his line skillwise.

He would be a more durability upgrade on Baertschi, but I'm not sure he'll be cheaper than Ferkland. He currently sports a $4.75M cap hit (Detroit is eating some), and I don't imagine he's looking to take less than that.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:37 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm Gustav Nyqvist. Theres a pending UFA that might slide onto peteys left wing next year and compliment his line skillwise.

He would be a more durability upgrade on Baertschi, but I'm not sure he'll be cheaper than Ferkland. He currently sports a $4.75M cap hit (Detroit is eating some), and I don't imagine he's looking to take less than that.
True..but he has a top line skillset that would justify a 6-7 million dollar hit. Ferkland is a 3rd liner who can spot up the order but doesnt beling there imho. Those pieces shouldnt eat such a fat cheque. Thats why contenders regularly let them walk in favour of more skilled pieces
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:44 pm

True..but he has a top line skillset that would justify a 6-7 million dollar hit. Ferkland is a 3rd liner who can spot up the order but doesnt beling there imho. Those pieces shouldnt eat such a fat cheque. Thats why contenders regularly let them walk in favour of more skilled pieces
I wouldn't be giving Nyqvist anywhere near that much, UDL. 60 points this year is fantastic, but he's generally a 40-50 point guy. If we could get him for (fellow Red Wings alumni) Tatar or Marchessault money ($5-$5.3M), then sure.

I'd like to see Anders Lee, and I'm shocked the Isles haven't re-upped him. 6'3, 230, PP monster, leadership qualities, 30-40 goal guy, LW (dabbles at C) on the right side of 30.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

6-7 million for a 40-50 point guy? Haven't we already complained bitterly about Loui?

At least with Ferkland, Petey's and Brock's balls can swing freer. I wouldn't get into a bidding war for Ferky though... but unfortunately, JB might :|
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:06 pm
I wouldn't be giving Nyqvist anywhere near that much, UDL. 60 points this year is fantastic, but he's generally a 40-50 point guy. If we could get him for (fellow Red Wings alumni) Tatar or Marchessault money ($5-$5.3M), then sure.

I'd like to see Anders Lee, and I'm shocked the Isles haven't re-upped him. 6'3, 230, PP monster, leadership qualities, 30-40 goal guy, LW (dabbles at C) on the right side of 30.
Anders Lee would be a nice addition. I'm fairly certain he would turn out better than Jesus Booth...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Boothy! Forgot that guy lol

Hes the only other guy to drive the dude as nuts as gillis
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:06 pm

6 mill is where the bidding will begin for all these ufas that can play top line minutes. Much like Eriksson.

Unlike Eriksson these other players hopefully stay at a 50+ pt pace
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:28 pm Boothy! Forgot that guy lol

His um, personality irked the shit outta me. Plus, he was just "god-awful" during his tenure here.

Gillis' signing of an over-the-hill, injured Marco Sturm was terrible. But the way he quickly fucked him over for airhead Booth really pissed me off.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:34 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:28 pm Boothy! Forgot that guy lol

His um, personality irked the shit outta me. Plus, he was just "god-awful" during his tenure here.

Gillis' signing of an over-the-hill, injured Marco Sturm was terrible. But the way he quickly fucked him over for airhead Booth really pissed me off.
Fuck youre totally baiting the board hard for the dude to come flying in on a gillis rage :lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

It's summer, what else we gonna do?

;) :lol: