How to fix the Canucks defense?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: How to fix the Canucks defense?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hmmmmm

25th pick in a horrific draft <<< 33rd pick in an excellent draft
Michael Grabner = < if anything slight edge to McCann who could break out
5th round pick << 4th round pick
Bernier was a cap dump after two solid seasons in the top 9 of a division winner he was acquired for a previous 2nd and 3rd round pick but those picks have no business being discussed in this trade.

Gudbranson = Ballard Only comment here is both of these players reeked the joint out 90 % of their time here. They both were awful and overpaid and overplayed.

These trades are both horrible. Not much to choose really
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:57 pm Who did that 1st end up being again?
Quinton Howden
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:57 pm Who did that 1st end up being again?
Doesn’t matter. Gillis in his own words said “he didn’t like who was available and so he felt justified trading the pick. Kuznetsov, Coyje and Brock Nelson were 3 of the next 4 players drafted. Gillis didn’t like Russians, had no interest in drafting last year’s playoff MVP

Analytics
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Quinton Howden
Good thing it was a dud pick then. Wasnt that trade made on the draft floor? Did gravy neck make it once he saw there was only garbage left?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Quinton Howden
Good thing it was a dud pick then. Wasnt that trade made on the draft floor? Did gravy neck make it once he saw there was only garbage left?
It was on draft day for sure. I remember hearing the details later that day. I was at the C’s game and won the 50/50 draw and I really didn’t give a fuck about the trade at that point.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:12 pm
Doesn’t matter. Gillis in his own words said “he didn’t like who was available and so he felt justified trading the pick. Kuznetsov, Coyje and Brock Nelson were 3 of the next 4 players drafted. Gillis didn’t like Russians, had no interest in drafting last year’s playoff MVP

Analytics
Ok good i was right. I cant fault him for not picking russians. Theyre fucked. Coyle and Nelson arent world beaters either but would have been welcome on the current roster.

Meh...its not like when we picked the halfling over erik fucking karlsson
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Analytics
Ok good i was right. I cant fault him for not picking russians. Theyre fucked. Coyle and Nelson arent world beaters either but would have been welcome on the current roster.

Meh...its not like when we picked the halfling over erik fucking karlsson
Thing is most adults realize Karlsson was ranked anywhere from 20 to 35. Big reach for a brand new GM hired a month or two before. Funny Elmer is blameless for Virtanen due to start date on the job but Tryamkin from the same draft is all his doing. Dud didn’t even know who Erik Karlsson was on draft day.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Analytics
Ok good i was right. I cant fault him for not picking russians.

Sure...Kuznetsov. Whatevs. No big deal. We don’t need him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

When he was drafted i think he was 150lbs or something. Skinny like a pipecleaner.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Great analytics from the Senators scouting department for seeing something in Karlsson. Gillis went on and on about his analytics on Hodgson saying his IQ was off the charts, etc.

“Aussie Rules Football! The future of hockey!” - Players Agent
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 pm When he was drafted i think he was 150lbs or something. Skinny like a pipecleaner.
Like a lot of just turned 18 year olds
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Analytics
Ok good i was right. I cant fault him for not picking russians.

Sure...Kuznetsov. Whatevs. No big deal. We don’t need him
Russians are fucked. That was when the khl was sucking talent back over the water and Birdy was probably leaning that way... For every kuznetzov theres a dozen flake-tards who suck.

Just so happens that was the 1 in 10 worst case ontario.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 pm When he was drafted i think he was 150lbs or something. Skinny like a pipecleaner.
Well its well known that the pick was a fuck up. Who else went before karlsson? More than just gillis looked like shit after that pick
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 pm
Well its well known that the pick was a fuck up. Who else went before karlsson? More than just gillis looked like shit after that pick
Myers
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 pm
Lots of guys. He was a reach where he went as it was. Lol at Red Nose blabbering about Gillis talking about Analytics leading into the 08 draft. Sure he was :lol: