2018-2019 Playoffs: Round 2

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs: Round 2

Post by BCExpat »

Good Riddance to the Avs - I've developed a real hate for that team. Unfortunately, they are going to be good next season.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And some good draft positions!
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , , , , , , , , , . Get the f**k off the ice, oh well!- https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1770119
"evolution"
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 am
ESQ wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:22 am
micky107 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:54 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:48 pm Marchand pissing off the entire sportsnet crew may make me want to cheer them on a little longer :lol:
Indeed; https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bru ... reporters/

A philosopher extraordinaire. :idea:
I hate to see the Bruins going through, but I'm extra-grateful they eliminated the Leaves from the easiest path to the SCF in decades :drink:
Yup lol

Hatred for Leaves > Hatred for Bruins
What's ironic about McLean and his whiny little bitches going on about Marshit is back in the 2011 Stanley Cup and the 2012 regular season game between the Canucks and Bruins is how much they loved him, fellated him and giggled like little girls when he was pulling the same shit. Now they want him fined and suspended. Hypocrisy much?

Leaves fans cheered for the Rangers in '94 and the Bruins in '11. That's all.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Regarding the offside... sure, he's offside according to the rules, but FFS he has nothing whatsoever to do with the play. Nothing. The league might want to consider the FIFA approach. You can be in an offside position, but as long as you don't directly affect the play, you are not declared offside. Landeskog is a few centimeters from the blue line, facing away from the play, and about to step off the ice. That's about as irrelevant to the play as you can get without being off the ice, or behind your own net. One could also blame poor bench design. Regardless, it's unfortunate. I would have liked to have seen how that game played out if that goal stood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I agree but my gawd, someone on the freakin bench coulda, shouda, noticed.
All he would've had to do is push down on the bench and lift his feet a couple inches off the ice.
Too bad.
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Puck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 am Regarding the offside... sure, he's offside according to the rules, but FFS he has nothing whatsoever to do with the play. Nothing. The league might want to consider the FIFA approach. You can be in an offside position, but as long as you don't directly affect the play, you are not declared offside. Landeskog is a few centimeters from the blue line, facing away from the play, and about to step off the ice. That's about as irrelevant to the play as you can get without being off the ice, or behind your own net. One could also blame poor bench design. Regardless, it's unfortunate. I would have liked to have seen how that game played out if that goal stood.
Canucks had a goal called back in the regular season for a similar play.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DxFlSgIU8AAOHWO.mp4
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Puck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 am Regarding the offside... sure, he's offside according to the rules, but FFS he has nothing whatsoever to do with the play. Nothing. The league might want to consider the FIFA approach. You can be in an offside position, but as long as you don't directly affect the play, you are not declared offside. Landeskog is a few centimeters from the blue line, facing away from the play, and about to step off the ice. That's about as irrelevant to the play as you can get without being off the ice, or behind your own net. One could also blame poor bench design. Regardless, it's unfortunate. I would have liked to have seen how that game played out if that goal stood.
Agreed, this bullshit is ruining the game.

To have this affect a Game 7 outcome is beyond stupid.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mr perfect wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:45 pm What's ironic about McLean and his whiny little bitches going on about Marshit is back in the 2011 Stanley Cup and the 2012 regular season game between the Canucks and Bruins is how much they loved him, fellated him and giggled like little girls when he was pulling the same shit. Now they want him fined and suspended. Hypocrisy much?

Leaves fans cheered for the Rangers in '94 and the Bruins in '11. That's all.
+1
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:43 pm I was a lousy 4-for-8 in the 1st, but at least I got it right on the Flames and Leaves losing.

I'm taking Columbus
Islanders
St. Louis
San Jose
2 fer 4, at least I'm keeping pace with a coinflip.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Hockey is too fast and the rink is too small for that to be called consistently.

The problem is with the review - if they need to slow it down to view it frame by frame then the call on the ice should stand. If they can't tell after 30 seconds if the play was offside or not, then leave it be.

These are suppose to be the best officials in the world in the best league in the world. Slow the replay down to 1/4 speed and if you still can't tell then it should be good goal.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:08 pm Bruins
Islanders
Sharks
Stars

If last round is any indication, I should go 1-4
2/4. Getting better.