Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 am
micky107 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 am Posted the wrong picture. I'm looking for the right one but it seems to be taken down.
Get your house in order. I need to see the proper picture before we can move on.
Why? Whether I can find the one I saw or not has nothing to do with your, and a couple of other's dumb posts earlier.
Delete those and maybe we can move on.
You need. Give me a break.
For shit's sake man, you almost made it into a GM thing.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 am
micky107 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 am Posted the wrong picture. I'm looking for the right one but it seems to be taken down.
Get your house in order. I need to see the proper picture before we can move on.
Why? Whether I can find the one I saw or not has nothing to do with your, and a couple of other's dumb posts earlier.
Delete those and maybe we can move on.
You need. Give me a break.
For shit's sake man, you almost made it into a GM thing.
I’m curious as to what the picture was supposed to be. Is that a crime?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:34 am This time try and find semi-clad mourners though something with minimim d cups
:evil:

Right now our hearts and minds should be with Jason's family.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:34 am This time try and find semi-clad mourners though something with minimim d cups
:evil:

Right now our hearts and minds should be with Jason's family.
Topper started it
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Monday morning trolls on 1040 this morning. Now "THAT" was bad! About 7:00-7:15 am.
Talk about an agenda of hate. Trying to manipulate public thinking.
Their 89% pole means nothing. That pole is-Does Benning need to be fired or have someone brought in to watch over him.
Dude is gonna go nuts if he heard that garbage.
They are pulling names out of nowhere, ffs.
Your right RD. A once decent station that was entertaining to listen to, DOES sound like HFboards.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:30 am Monday morning trolls on 1040 this morning. Now "THAT" was bad! About 7:00-7:15 am.
Their 89% pole means nothing. That pole is-Does Benning need to be fired or have someone brought in to watch over him.
Your right RD. A once decent station that was entertaining to listen to, DOES sound like HFboards.
I think he’s got this year. It’s the last year of his deal and I’d say it’s playoffs or he gets gassed.

I’d like to see a POHO if it’s a good hire. Not just someone to fill the space like Linden. If they can’t find anyone decent to slot into the role then just carry on as is.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:41 am
micky107 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:30 am Monday morning trolls on 1040 this morning. Now "THAT" was bad! About 7:00-7:15 am.
I think he’s got this year. It’s the last year of his deal and I’d say it’s playoffs or he gets gassed.

I’d like to see a POHO if it’s a good hire. Not just someone to fill the space like Linden. If they can’t find anyone decent to slot into the role then just carry on as is.
I don't get the playoffs or bust mentality....

It still doesn't have a deep enough elite core group of players to be a contender so I'm good with it laying in the woods again next season and being a draft lottery team....

In the meantime, as long as the team continues to improve and play entertaining hockey I'm good with it missing the playoffs...

The lol is that the media guys who got hot and bothered that the team didn't use the word "rebuild" are now clamouring for a playoff team or Green has to go....

Pick a position and stick with it...

Take care....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rikster, I haven’t seen too many or any managers miss the playoffs for five years straight and hang onto their jobs. They won 22 games and lost 36 within 60 minutes. The guy is in the last year of his deal. He’s not getting an extension with another 80 point season. It’s basic common sense.

I am also fine with another lottery pick. This team is still riddled with holes throughout the lineup. 2020 is a great draft year.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rikster wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 am

It still doesn't have a deep enough elite core group of players to be a contender so I'm good with it laying in the woods again next season and being a draft lottery team....

In the meantime, as long as the team continues to improve and play entertaining hockey I'm good with it missing the playoffs...

The lol is that the media guys who got hot and bothered that the team didn't use the word "rebuild" are now clamouring for a playoff team or Green has to go....

Take care....
Agreed Ricky,

IF JB stays the course and does nothing stupid in the off season I would like to see him get a 2 year extension. First the team is trending (player development, picks etc, not points) in the right direction. I believe that many of deals that occurred in the first 2 - 3 years of JB reign he was forced by the Aquas . Now I think ownership has backed off and let JB manage the team properly.

The Canucks have a low probability of making the playoffs next year and this is OK. Just draft right and continue the development of the players and as I predicted last season the Canucks will make the playoffs in 2020/21 season. Next off season they can wrap up LE and pick to a team that needs to make the min and use his cap space to get a player that meets their needs.

It would be fantastic to land EK this year but that is a dream and the team still lacks a top forward so really what advantage would that provide the Canucks now?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

At this point poster Blob is basically Jack Daniel’s sock puppet.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:08 am

Take care....
Agreed Ricky,

IF JB stays the course and does nothing stupid in the off season I would like to see him get a 2 year extension.
A 5 year extension would be wiser.

Once this team becomes a competitor GMJB's salary will skyrocket...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He won’t be getting any extension unless he makes the playoffs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 am He won’t be getting any extension unless he makes the playoffs
Just another wild Blobbee prediction, nothing to see here
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:29 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 am He won’t be getting any extension unless he makes the playoffs
Name me another NHL GM in recent history that has seen his team miss playoffs five straight seasons and didn’t lose his job
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:37 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:29 am
Name me another NHL GM in recent history that has seen his team miss playoffs five straight seasons and didn’t lose his job
Garth Snow, Don Waddell, Doug MacLean, and Mike Milbury.

BTW, most GMs don't last as long as Jimmy already has... let alone the 6 years minimum you're saying he will last.

GMs generally get dumped after a much shorter tenure than that... playoffs or not.

In fact Jimmy has been around longer than 20 of the other 30 present GMs:

https://www.capfriendly.com/general-managers

Here's hoping Jimmy sets a new record for longest tenured coach in NHL history! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.