It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: It's getting warm

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am
Topper wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:26 am
SKYO wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 pm KM just wants another pipeline to ship its crude oil out of country plain and simple.
That is a massive part of it.

Getting resources to market so markets can be exploited.

Currently the biggest export transit route is Keystone, so Canada , with a sole export market is exploited by the market and receives at least 30% less than fair market value for its resources.
Yes and its all of Canada losing not just those hill-less billies over the hills. Big oil corporations are master manipulators of public opinion. The eco-warriors dont even feel the hands shoved up their backsides manipulating their appendages
What’d ya figure the price of gas these days is the master manipulators most recent tool in manipulating public opinion towards their pipeline?

It’s what I would do if I were in those back rooms.

It’s a win win win.

Maximize profits, turn public opinion away from the hated NDP and anti pipeline sentiment AND get us used to the new reality of 2 dollars a liter.

Because I’ve never seen prices go down once they have gone up.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:31 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Interesting, no whities in Bat Shit Crazy's brave new world...
Not particularly surprising that you would notice that.
Well it jumps right out at you if you watch the video.

(that and the fact she'd a self-deluded narcissist)

Not particularly surprising that you would defend Bat Shit Crazy.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 pm Interesting, no whities in Bat Shit Crazy's brave new world...
Well, logically, because of the climate change. :|
Us whities, we are adapted to colder climates.

But I'm fighting it! We are installing an air source heat pump, that we can run in teverse during the summer to cool the house. Never needed that kind of technology before. And we're getting a pool. Last summer it was scorching hot, and if that happens again, which the forest fires in April suggested, we'll be prepared! :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:24 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 pm Interesting, no whities in Bat Shit Crazy's brave new world...

But I'm fighting it! We are installing an air source heat pump, that we can run in teverse during the summer to cool the house. Never needed that kind of technology before. And we're getting a pool. Last summer it was scorching hot, and if that happens again, which the forest fires in April suggested, we'll be prepared! :drink:
You took your mom's heat pump and pool??

Dude! :wow:

Maybe it's true what they say about whities these days. :(
Per wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:12 pm Sorry, been busy emptying my mom's house and have more or less been off the grid for a few days.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Per wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:12 pm Sorry, been busy emptying my mom's house and have more or less been off the grid for a few days.
Crack's a terrible drug. Get help, Per....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:24 pm

You took your mom's heat pump and pool??

Dude! :wow:

Maybe it's true what they say about whities these days. :(
Cornuck wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:47 pm
Crack's a terrible drug. Get help, Per....
My mom passed away in October, and now the house has been sold.
New owners move in end of May.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Dad still around? There's a recent widow in Vancouver.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:13 pm My mom passed away in October, and now the house has been sold.
New owners move in end of May.
Sorry to hear that Per, I lost my mom recently as well.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:17 am Dad still around? There's a recent widow in Vancouver.
Nope. He passed away in 2013.
I'm an orphan now.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Per wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:17 pm
Topper wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:17 am Dad still around? There's a recent widow in Vancouver.
Nope. He passed away in 2013.
I'm an orphan now.
Please sir I want some more...

Welcome to orphan hood per
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Some good news:

• IKEA is already selling solar panels in Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Poland. This summer they will start doing it in Sweden as well, and by 2025 they should offer it in all markets where they are present.
  • March 2019 was the first month that electric and hybrid cars outsold traditional fossil fuel cars in Norway. 58% of new car sales in Norway in March were electric or hybrid.
  • Norway is really leading the way; they've now announced that by 2040 all domestic flights will be performed by electric aircraft.
The sooner we rid ourselves of fossil fuels, the sooner the Saudis will lose their financial muscle, and the world will become a safer place to live.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 pm Some good news:

• IKEA is already selling solar panels in Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Poland. This summer they will start doing it in Sweden as well, and by 2025 they should offer it in all markets where they are present.
  • March 2019 was the first month that electric and hybrid cars outsold traditional fossil fuel cars in Norway. 58% of new car sales in Norway in March were electric or hybrid.
  • Norway is really leading the way; they've now announced that by 2040 all domestic flights will be performed by electric aircraft.
The sooner we rid ourselves of fossil fuels, the sooner the Saudis will lose their financial muscle, and the world will become a safer place to live.
Well that is all nice and dandy but until China/USA/India and Russia decide to the do the same Norway's contribution means didley in the world of climate change. Now it would be interesting to calculate Norway's pollution when they take into account the amount of goods that they purchase from China/USA/India and Russia.

I would like to see Weaver fly to Beijing with some of his friends and protest how much pollution China is doing and at the same time Weaver cannot have anything on him that was made in China.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nothing is perfect. Panels have their own problem;
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshe ... a13044121c

And then the batteries too.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:24 pm Nothing is perfect. Panels have their own problem;
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshe ... a13044121c

And then the batteries too.
All products have a waste problem. Let's just agree that solar has less of a waste problem than nuclear energy and fossil fuels have, but probably more than wind and hydro. But as the technology improves, I assume that will also be addressed.

And landfills...? Who the f--- uses landfills? OK, sure, some third world countries. But land fills are so last millennium. We don't do that any more.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 pm Well that is all nice and dandy but until China/USA/India and Russia decide to the do the same Norway's contribution means didley in the world of climate change. Now it would be interesting to calculate Norway's pollution when they take into account the amount of goods that they purchase from China/USA/India and Russia.

I would like to see Weaver fly to Beijing with some of his friends and protest how much pollution China is doing and at the same time Weaver cannot have anything on him that was made in China.
not much hope regarding the US (well, apart from California) or Russia at the moment, but China, while remaining the world's greatest source of pollution, has taken serious steps in recent years to address the problems. I think realizing that breathing air in some of China's major cities is a serious health hazard has served as a wake up call.

China is now world leading in solar energy...
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2018082 ... lar-energy

... and electric vehicles.
https://interestingengineering.com/chin ... cle-market

They still get two thirds of their energy from coal, so it's pretty bad, but they are investing heavily in renewables, and those are the energy sources that are showing the greatest growth. And the efforts they put into developing the technology of both solar energy and electric vehicles will benefit us all in the long run.