It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: It's getting warm

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 pm Burn wood....its tax free! Fuck the carbon bullshit tax.
Fuck no, even if I had a wood burner. Grew up splitting firewood and packing firewood. Fuck no!
Brings back memories.

Dad orders the wood, guys drops it off, dads give me the axe and says get it done.

Son does it.

If I got my son to do it, I would be worried as shit that he would cut his leg off, plus he would be too busy playing video games.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:35 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 pm Burn wood....its tax free! Fuck the carbon bullshit tax.
Fuck no, even if I had a wood burner. Grew up splitting firewood and packing firewood. Fuck no!
Brings back memories.

Dad orders the wood, guys drops it off, dads give me the axe and says get it done.

Son does it.

If I got my son to do it, I would be worried as shit that he would cut his leg off, plus he would be too busy playing video games.
Had a big fir hit by lightening at the folks house in North Delta when I was around 4 yrs old. Thing started to burn. Neighbours cut it down in the middle of the night. Conveniently just as the wind fall from Hurricane Freida was running out. Dad and my brother would go out with broad saw and wedges each year to cut a bunch of rounds out of it then there was a bucket of wedges and a maul. Being the youngest I had the fewest armloads to bring in before going to school.

In belize I'd haul a bunch of poles to the inlaws house from around the farm, buck them to length, stack it and let the brother inlaws split it.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I used to hack down my big indica shrubs then buck them into kolas. Rolled them into fatties once they cured and then....cant remember what happened next
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:53 pm I used to hack down my big indica shrubs then buck them into kolas. Rolled them into fatties once they cured and then....cant remember what happened next
Did you use an axe?

Fuck when I was teen and into my 20’s my brothers and I could drop a tree and have it cut up ready for drying in a short time. My friends wouldn’t know how to use an axe or chain saw.

When I was a coach for a kids soccer team a wind storm came the night before and the tree was on the field. I drove home grabed the chain saw came back and a few minutes later game on.

Soccer moms are cool....
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:53 pm I used to hack down my big indica shrubs then buck them into kolas. Rolled them into fatties once they cured and then....cant remember what happened next
:lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

We already have forest fires. In April! :o

I mean, July, August, that I understand.
But April? :eh:

I haven't even put away my shovel yet.
Literally.

And I stilll have winter tyres on the Volvo (switched on the Outlander though).

And there are forest fires. :|

But our peach tree is in full bloom! :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hogran talking about building a new refinery in BC.

Surprised this came out of him.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 am Hogran talking about building a new refinery in BC.

David Black's refinery in Rupert that would source dilbit via rail and bypass Justin's oil tanker ban by shipping refined products.

Far better to increase capacity of the TMX and let the refinery in Edmonton ship more. Currently they could ship more if the TMX had the capacity.

Oh yeah, Cherry Point refinery in Washington just received a tanker of crude from Spain. Came in like all there tankers from Alaska, through Puget Sound.

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:20 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 am Hogran talking about building a new refinery in BC.

David Black's refinery in Rupert that would source dilbit via rail and bypass Justin's oil tanker ban by shipping refined products.

Far better to increase capacity of the TMX and let the refinery in Edmonton ship more. Currently they could ship more if the TMX had the capacity.

Oh yeah, Cherry Point refinery in Washington just received a tanker of crude from Spain. Came in like all there tankers from Alaska, through Puget Sound.
Fucking Greens
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup build a new refinery - done dealy gas goes down big time.

https://www.burnabynow.com/parkland-fue ... 1.23650201

However Parkland refinery is right fucking there and kinder morgan/alberta is playing games with that, pile of BS if you ask me.

https://biv.com/article/2018/02/burnaby ... rice-spike

KM just wants another pipeline to ship its crude oil out of country plain and simple.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 pm KM just wants another pipeline to ship its crude oil out of country plain and simple.
That is a massive part of it.

Getting resources to market so markets can be exploited.

Currently the biggest export transit route is Keystone, so Canada , with a sole export market is exploited by the market and receives at least 30% less than fair market value for its resources.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:26 am
SKYO wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 pm KM just wants another pipeline to ship its crude oil out of country plain and simple.
That is a massive part of it.

Getting resources to market so markets can be exploited.

Currently the biggest export transit route is Keystone, so Canada , with a sole export market is exploited by the market and receives at least 30% less than fair market value for its resources.
Yes and its all of Canada losing not just those hill-less billies over the hills. Big oil corporations are master manipulators of public opinion. The eco-warriors dont even feel the hands shoved up their backsides manipulating their appendages
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Interesting, no whities in Bat Shit Crazy's brave new world...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Interesting, no whities in Bat Shit Crazy's brave new world...
Not particularly surprising that you would notice that.

Are you trying to bait racism accusations so that you can go all straw man?