Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by rats19 »

That’s young :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Topper wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:48 am won't be missed by me
VICIOUS!!
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

Gutted. I've got a 2 year old and couldn't imagine not being there for him as be grows up. Just feel so incredibly terrible for his family.

I thought Botch was entertaining. I didn't always agree with him, but he was passionate and fun to listen/read. Canucks coverage won't be the same - he was really a great entertainer.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rede wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 am Gutted. I've got a 2 year old and couldn't imagine not being there for him as be grows up. Just feel so incredibly terrible for his family.

I thought Botch was entertaining. I didn't always agree with him, but he was passionate and fun to listen/read. Canucks coverage won't be the same - he was really a great entertainer.
His delivery didn’t do much for me but he was far better at his job than Canucks lap dogs I Mac and Kuzma
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Very tragic when anyone dies so young. RIP.
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:51 amHis delivery didn’t do much for me but he was far better at his job than Canucks lap dogs I Mac and Kuzma
This. He could get on your nerves, but at least his coverage didn’t smack of being a corporate shill. We need more Botchfords and fewer iMacs and Kuzmas.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:51 am
Rede wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 am Gutted. I've got a 2 year old and couldn't imagine not being there for him as be grows up. Just feel so incredibly terrible for his family.

His delivery didn’t do much for me but he was far better at his job than Canucks lap dogs I Mac and Kuzma
I guess if you’re into ignorant takes and flip flopping on a weekly basis.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Good writer. Found an angle that was more interesting and entertaining than his media colleagues.

Hated his agendas and his fake, forced personality away from the media scrums. Maybe his "respectful" demeanor at the rink is what is fake?

That said, too young to go.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm not gonna post all the stuff I'm hearing for Botch just two that caught my eye.
Condolences from Torts of all people this morning at his presser, and Elias Pettersson was, I think, the first Canuck.
"evolution"
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I really enjoyed Botch, and I'm going to miss him. It's quite sad to see him 'check out' so soon.

Illnesses of the heart can be so fatal. Now that I'm in my 50's, ive lost a few friends because of heart issues. I was fortunate to have had an angiogram and a stent put in just 6 mos ago myself.

Botch wasn't afraid to stick his neck out there re: things he believed to be true. He was insightful, and also had a great sense of humour. The van canuck media world is a little less rich and deep today... feel for his family big time.
RIP Botch
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

nuckster wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:40 pm I really enjoyed Botch, and I'm going to miss him. It's quite sad to see him 'check out' so soon.

Illnesses of the heart can be so fatal. Now that I'm in my 50's, ive lost a few friends because of heart issues. I was fortunate to have had an angiogram and a stent put in just 6 mos ago myself.

Botch wasn't afraid to stick his neck out there re: things he believed to be true. He was insightful, and also had a great sense of humour. The van canuck media world is a little less rich and deep today... feel for his family big time.
RIP Botch
Well said. Botch wasn’t afraid to call out management unlike most of the rest of the media lapdogs in this city.

Not surprising two ancient Elmer loyalists on this board tossed in a couple of smarmy comments. Must suck to get old and bitter. :sly:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

We gripe often about the media and indeed Botchford had a distinct style which many found grating, others entertaining, but any way you slice it this is tragic news. Way too young and seemed to be in good shape. Just reminds you of the frailty of life.

Like many I didn’t always agree with his opinion but he was a personality and I enjoyed his banter with the likes of Halford and Brough. I will miss him on the airwaves.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am That’s awful. Guy is a year younger than me ffs. Had a wife and three kids.....

Was never a huge fan but this is very sad to hear
Fuck eh. Im 47. Scary.

RIP JB
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:43 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am That’s awful. Guy is a year younger than me ffs. Had a wife and three kids.....

Was never a huge fan but this is very sad to hear
Fuck eh. Im 47. Scary.

RIP JB
How do you think I feel? LOL

Well, like I'm on borrowed time.
The only HW the Canucks need