2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018-2019 Playoffs - Round 1

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:47 am But if the wildcard 8th seed team who beat the best teams in the league who scraped into the playoffs on historical low point totals what does that say about the divisional winners who bowed out in the first round beaten by teams who made it in the playoffs ahead of teams with historical low point totals? Shouldn’t have it been a cakewalk for the divisional winners in the first round?
Blob is like a fart cloud, can’t pin him down
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob is like Hank Aaron in his prime teeing off on thumbers lobbing meatballs in belt high down the can
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Horrendous results for me, only 50/50, though I did guess the right number of games for 3 wins.

Flames over Avalanche in 5 WRONG!
Sharks over Knights in 7 SPOT ON!
Preds over Stars in 5 WRONG!
Blues over Jets in 6 SPOT ON!

Tampa over Columbus in 5 WRONG!
Leaves over Bruins in 6 WRONG!
Carolina over Washington in 7 SPOT ON!
NYI over Pittsburgh in 6 RIGHT
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:17 am Horrendous results for me, only 50/50, though I did guess the right number of games for 3 wins.

Lol I was 2/8
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:20 am
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:17 am Horrendous results for me, only 50/50, though I did guess the right number of games for 3 wins.

Lol I was 2/8
Lol I was 1/8----and lucky to get that. Vegas is unhappy in more ways than one.
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Referees announced for Round 2
Referees

Out from Round 1: Eric Furlatt, Trevor Hanson, Jean Hebert, Chris Lee, Jon McIsaac, Brad Meier, Dan O’Halloran, Kyle Rehman

Meier and Hanson were the duo that worked Game 2 of leaves/Bruins; unconfirmed reports from TSN1050 stated that the referees were reprimanded following the game. The duo did go on to work the remainder of the opening round.

O’Halloran and Furlatt officiated Game 7 between the Sharks and Golden Knights, which included a pivotal major penalty call against Vegas; San Jose scored four times on the ensuing power play en route to a 5-4 win. O’Halloran hasn’t missed a Conference Final round in over a decade.
https://scoutingtherefs.com/2019/04/259 ... -playoffs/

I didn't pay attention to game 2 Bruins/Laughs - what happened?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

vic wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:28 am Referees announced for Round 2
Referees

Out from Round 1: Eric Furlatt, Trevor Hanson, Jean Hebert, Chris Lee, Jon McIsaac, Brad Meier, Dan O’Halloran, Kyle Rehman

Meier and Hanson were the duo that worked Game 2 of Leaves/Bruins; unconfirmed reports from TSN1050 stated that the referees were reprimanded following the game. The duo did go on to work the remainder of the opening round.

O’Halloran and Furlatt officiated Game 7 between the Sharks and Golden Knights, which included a pivotal major penalty call against Vegas; San Jose scored four times on the ensuing power play en route to a 5-4 win. O’Halloran hasn’t missed a Conference Final round in over a decade.

Bruins won?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 pm
Referees

Meier and Hanson were the duo that worked Game 2 of Leaves/Bruins; unconfirmed reports from TSN1050 stated that the referees were reprimanded following the game. The duo did go on to work the remainder of the opening round.

Bruins won?
They let the teams play, some rough stuff went uncalled. Then Kadri happened.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:06 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 pm
Referees

Bruins won?
They let the teams play, some rough stuff went uncalled. Then Kadri happened.
That's funny, because O’Halloran and Furlatt tried to stop anything from happening and they got the boot too...

Classic NHL
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:03 am They are called upsets
In a year when all 4 division winners are knocked out in the first round and a two of them convincingly? Has this even happened before? A year when, as you so eloquently point out, point totals are at a historical low? What the hell does that even mean? Especially when all 4 division winners are ass canned out of the first round?!?!? Unprecedented. An unmitigated disaster....you are Blob.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:48 pm In a year when all 4 division winners are knocked out in the first round and a two of them convincingly? Has this even happened before? A year when, as you so eloquently point out, point totals are at a historical low? What the hell does that even mean? Especially when all 4 division winners are ass canned out of the first round?!?!? Unprecedented. An unmitigated disaster.
It's called parity.
Something the NHL is infatuated with.

Personally, I'm on the fence.
I can see the logic behind the concept, but I don't like that they award losing teams with the best prospects.
And I kind of like watching teams with only phenomenal players, which is why I want a return of an Olympic tournament with NHL players, but this could also happen in the NHL if you removed the salary cap and stopped sending the best prospects to the worst teams.

I think the team that win's the President's Trophy should have first pick at the draft. Make that mean something.
The team that finishes last should be thrown out of the league and replaced with an expansion team, or the Calder Cup winners.

Then have a straight lottery between the other teams for the first round draft picks.
Second round and forward you could let the teams pick in the reverse order they finished.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 am Blob is like Hank Aaron in his prime teeing off on thumbers lobbing meatballs in belt high down the can
You better lay off the peyote kemosabe
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude is Mario Mendoza struggling to hit it off the tee
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 am Dude is Mario Mendoza struggling to hit it off the tee
Blob is Chuck Knoblauch trying to lob a throw to first base.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Per wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:52 am
I think the team that win's the President's Trophy should have first pick at the draft. Make that mean something.
The team that finishes last should be thrown out of the league and replaced with an expansion team, or the Calder Cup winners.

McDavid a Ranger, MacKinnon in Boston. Hall, Hischier and Matthews with Ovechkin. Mind you, Ovechkin would be in Detroit, and as the reigning winner, I assume Crosby would be too (along with Nash and Stamkos)?

We get ... RNH and Yakupov? Fuck. It’s so bad for the Canucks it makes sense.