The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:52 am On Matthews 27th birthday in September he will be in training camp with the Arizona Coyotes at the start of the 2024-25 season.n
Stop with these fantasies. Arizona reportedly lost 50 million AGAIN this season.
No UFAs are ever going to Arizona. They want to win.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:58 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:52 am On Matthews 27th birthday in September he will be in training camp with the Arizona Coyotes at the start of the 2024-25 season.n
Stop with these fantasies. Arizona reportedly lost 50 million AGAIN this season.
No UFAs are ever going to Arizona. They want to win.
Don’t stress, Tuna. You have 5 years of Auston Matthews left. Enjoy
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Has anyone actually seen Auston Matthews in the playoffs yet?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:22 am Has anyone actually seen Auston Matthews in the playoffs yet?
:lol:

He shows up for the handshakes
If you need air...call it in
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:34 am
olpaddy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:30 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:47 pm They have no choice but to be tough on him. He is a repeat offender in the Matt Cook sort of way. He wasn't just retaliating for the Debrusk hit but on Debrusk himself for several hits he laid out on Kadri. One of which was a knee and should have been called. But when you have the reputation Kadri does you don't get those calls. Its too bad because the leaves need him. He is one of the few that will at least engage in the physical stuff. He is a selfish player. Sure it looks like he is being a teammate that sticks up for players but at that point the leaves were down 2 and had some pressure going. That cheap shot took all hope they had of tying the game.

Leaves poor defence, average goaltending and no muscle. I loved how every save Freddy made they would say, GREAT SAVE ANDERSSON. They made it sound like he was Vezina himself. But we all know him for the average Fred he is.

They screwed up on signing Nylander to that stupid contract. They could have gotten a 1st and a prospect for him. Now they have to deal with Kadri. They'll never win with him. And Murizan (sp) was atrocious all night. Just like we knew he would be. Dumbass just being Dumbass.
The screw up is Marner he has priced himself out of the Leaf lineup Jim Benning can redeem himself this summer pull the trigger...
There is zero chance Marner is leaving. I guarantee it. They have the $. And that's without moving anyone. (Which they can easily).
Horton's 5.3 million is headed to LTIR.

This is like those predictions Matthews was going to sign an 8 year/16 million per year with Arizona this July. It's not going to go well for you.

Marner also has 6 (Yes, 6) nationwide commercials right now as a Leaf. Interesting that people love to point out "Taxes", but always leave out massive endorsement $.

Kadri did a dumb thing last night and you know what? Teams will line up to trade for him this summer.
Tuna thats the play give him endorsement deals and hope he takes less his representation and his father have made noise this year that he will get paid what he is worth and they are not going to settle and deservedly so ... SOMEBODY needs to step up to the plate and make it very uncomfortable for the LEAF... If I am Jim Benning I have no luv for Tyler Myers at 7 mil orthe D man in San Jose for 11 mil who is Edler injury Prone these days or Panarin at 27 years of age for what 9-9.5 on a 5-7 year deal...

He is 21 years of age been in the league for 3 years and has lead his team in scoring in 2 of the past 3 yrs thats with Auston on the team for the same amount of seasons with much more fanfare...

Tuna I admit I have a bias but If u are Benning why Not 10th pick in the draft dont have a long term deal another bad year probably out the door... Offer sheet the 21 yr old what do you got to lose 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 am Not sure what games you guys are watching...the boston torontoilet game was full on dirty hitting for game 2. Calgary and Colorado was the same. Pitt and NYI have been taking runs at each other for 2 straight now...

Haven't watched any other series though
I have been watching a ton this year and IMO those 3 are by far the best for intensity/physicality. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

WILLY NILLY
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:05 pm Image

WILLY NILLY
Nice find, Strange.

Was Nylander trying to pull a Hughes move behind his own net or did he get confused as to which net it was? :oops:

Gotta be embarrassing.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Thats called getting paid what hes worth in nylanderese. Since hes not getting paid for the playoffs hes not playing up to his 6 goal/10 million dollar williom worth
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:31 pm Was Nylander trying to pull a Hughes move behind his own net or did he get confused as to which net it was? :oops:

Gotta be embarrassing.
Embarrassing indeed, Willy Nilly lives in fear of being hit...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Nice to Anderson recover in time to make sure the puck stay buried in the back corner of the net.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Toronto takes it tonight. There will be a lot of penalties and nothing like game 2. Those refs no doubt got a talking to by the NHL.
Last edited by BigTuna on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:43 am Toronto takes it tonight. There will be a lot of penalties and nothing like game 2. Those refs no doubt got a talking to by the NHL.
Sorry Tuna - you are a funny guy.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 am
BigTuna wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:43 am Toronto takes it tonight. There will be a lot of penalties and nothing like game 2. Those refs no doubt got a talking to by the NHL.
Have I been wrong yet?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:40 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 am
Have I been wrong yet?
Only every single spring