Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by 2Fingers »

micky107 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 pmThey do...
They doooooo what?

Keep it simple for me big guy.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

A fishmonger, a simpleton and a gimp goes into a bar…
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:18 pm A fishmonger, a simpleton and a gimp goes into a bar…
Why would you refer to the Genius in such a manner? Is there any evidence he is a fishmonger? Quite unnecessary pejoratives.

Back to the young guns....

Is there a consensus as to whether the nucks will cut bait with Goldy or qualify him and try again next year? Does keeping him increase the odds that Tree will come back?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:18 pm A fishmonger, a simpleton and a gimp goes into a bar…
Why would you refer to the Genius in such a manner? Is there any evidence he is a fishmonger? Quite unnecessary pejoratives.

Is there a consensus as to whether the nucks will cut bait with Goldy or qualify him and try again next year? Does keeping him increase the odds that Tree will come back?
I’m a sucker for punishment.. too much heart and not enough brain.

But I do believe it would help with trymankinds return
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think he got the Hutton treatment. I think you bring him back for one more year. If he figures it out we have ourselves a top six winger.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Unquestionably, it would not be detrimental to any aspirations the Canuck brass may have of enticing the Tree to return but at the same
time, my personal, hopeful thoughts are they "do" continue their affiliation with Goldy as I see him as a multiple talented player that
can still be trained to succeed at the NHL level.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fuck Goldy, cut him loose and sign Panarin. :mrgreen:

Butt seriously, you don't keep a struggling forward around just to entice another player to sign.

If that's the way the Tree is then you trade his rights to a team full of Russkies and dodge that cancer gun.

Having said that, there is no reason to believe Mr Tryamkin wouldn't return if we were to dump Mr Goldobin.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 pm Fuck Goldy, cut him loose and sign Panarin. :mrgreen:
There's not a lot of winger depth, Goldy would likely sign for dirt cheap and clear waivers if it came to that.

Re-signing Goldy does not affect running at Panarin.

For more detailed response, see any UWSaint post on the topic :mrgreen:
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

ESQ wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 pm Fuck Goldy, cut him loose and sign Panarin. :mrgreen:
There's not a lot of winger depth, Goldy would likely sign for dirt cheap and clear waivers if it came to that.

Re-signing Goldy does not affect running at Panarin.

For more detailed response, see any UWSaint post on the topic :mrgreen:
I agree.

And while I am not certain of their plan, I would tend to think re-signing Goldy is what they should do.

If the plan were to cut bait, it would have made sense to pump his tires as much as possible at the end of the season to try to get something for his rights (give him the hodgson treatment). It's not like we gained anything from playing musical line-mated with Petey and Boeser.

Even if we do re-sign him and it doesn't work out, there would still be a chance to inflate his numbers and try to dump him for a lesser draft pick. I don't see any benefit to just letting him walk.

- Sun Tzu
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:52 pm If the plan were to cut bait, it would have made sense to pump his tires as much as possible at the end of the season to try to get something for his rights (give him the hodgson treatment).
I mean, the pump-n-dump only works with certain players...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Panarin is going to FLA
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:26 pm Panarin is going to FLA
Yes we know.
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:52 pm If the plan were to cut bait, it would have made sense to pump his tires as much as possible at the end of the season to try to get something for his rights (give him the hodgson treatment).
Just in case there is bad asset management with Goldy, let's pre-excuse that. :lol:

- Sun Tzu
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Just in case there is bad asset management with Goldy, let's pre-excuse that. :lol:
Let's be honest, your pre-asset management-criticism on a possible Goldie dump was the ole "shoulda pump-n-dumped".

But the pump-n-dump wouldn't have worked on Goldie, he just plain sucks too much...
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:10 pm Let's be honest, your pre-asset management-criticism on a possible Goldie dump was the ole "shoulda pump-n-dumped".
No. It was an, if they are going to lose him for nothing, it would have been better to pump and dump.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:10 pm But the pump-n-dump wouldn't have worked on Goldie, he just plain sucks too much...
Suckage (not agreeing that Goldy "plain sucks") does not preclude a pump and dump. See Exhibit A - Cody Hodgson.

- Sun Tzu