OOTS 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS 2018-2019

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:49 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:34 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:01 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:57 am
All the more reason to sign Karl...aw nvm lol
If he does go to bid. How high do you go?
12 13 even 14? I guess I'm asking if you have a line in the sand?
I got a sneaking suspicion it won't be much more than Drew Doughty's contract, $11M-$11.5M AAV, the .5 just so he one ups DD to become the highest paid dman in the league. His signing bonus alone he & his family could live off of for the rest of their lives lol, let alone his yearly salary during his 7yrs to setup his great, great grandchildren's lives.
This injury is hurting his market value, unless he has a huge postseason he could wind up under $10 mil.
A groin injury this season ain't affecting nothing brobro, EK make no doubt it will get paid market value.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Realistically, who can afford and squeeze a giant contract in for EK?

Canucks can do it now maybe but it will fuck their salary structure for the foreseeable future.

Who else could do it that actually has a legit chance of presenting a decent situation to Erik who will be looking for a championship soon with whoever he signs?

Coilers could for sure but i have my doubts Erik wants front row seats to that mess

Sharks probably most likely but you would think they would already have him signed. Smells like hes going shopping.

Rangers are always in on every ufa. They have space for sure and can offer that anonymity and lifestyle.

Where else? Pitt? No room and no way to get it without dumping giant contracts

Washington? Tampa? See above
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 pm If Anaheim wins their last game tonight and we lose our last game tomorrow the records will be tied

35 wings, 37 losses, 10 wins each. Who wins this tie break in the standings?

Chicago wins tonight and we can't catch them. We will tie Philly if we tomorrow and Philly loses tomorrow but Flyers will end up with more wins if we tie them. The only possible change is if Anaheim wins tonight and we lose tomorrow???
Ducks on ROW
But you know the Canucks will win, it’s how they do things - win when we don’t want them to, lose when we don’t want them to
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 pm If Anaheim wins their last game tonight and we lose our last game tomorrow the records will be tied

Chicago wins tonight and we can't catch them. We will tie Philly if we tomorrow and Philly loses tomorrow but Flyers will end up with more wins if we tie them. The only possible change is if Anaheim wins tonight and we lose tomorrow???
Ducks on ROW
But you know the Canucks will win, it’s how they do things - win when we don’t want them to, lose when we don’t want them to
They should be parking all their vets and playing the kiddies. Teves, brogun, sauntner, brisebois, stetcher, hutton with demko back there. No eriksson or the other gagle of vets up front.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 am

Ducks on ROW
They should be parking all their vets and playing the kiddies. Teves, brogun, sauntner, brisebois, stetcher, hutton with demko back there. No eriksson or the other gagle of vets up front.
We are talking about Travis Green here. “Beags, Schalls, Motter freezing pucks! Loui does the little things! Hughes not allowed first unit PP. Marky playing great! Demko who?”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

They shouldve been doing this since they were eliminated. I get the winning culture thing and the fear of becoming the coilers but come on....wtf.

Getting these assets into NHL games down te stretch like that is also beneficial to an organization. They gain experience and you see what you have for next year while not accumulating points that fuck your draft seeding. I really dont understand this
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 am They shouldve been doing this since they were eliminated. I get the winning culture thing and the fear of becoming the coilers but come on....wtf.

Getting these assets into NHL games down te stretch like that is also beneficial to an organization. They gain experience and you see what you have for next year while not accumulating points that fuck your draft seeding. I really dont understand this
Freezing pucks, UDL. You freeze pucks along the boards, get your skate blade on top of it and hold ground? Greener loves you! This Beags forte, he does fuck all nothing else but he gets his skate on top of pucks with guys on his back!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:51 pm
A groin injury this season ain't affecting nothing brobro, EK make no doubt it will get paid market value.
Sure it does Broham - the price for EK after an 80 point season (which was in striking distance) is far different from the price for EK after a 52 game season.

Injuries are a top concern with EK, and this season did not help his case. It'll probably push down his price on a max-term deal.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:32 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 am They shouldve been doing this since they were eliminated. I get the winning culture thing and the fear of becoming the coilers but come on....wtf.

Freezing pucks, UDL. You freeze pucks along the boards, get your skate blade on top of it and hold ground? Greener loves you! This Beags forte, he does fuck all nothing else but he gets his skate on top of pucks with guys on his back!
Not sure why you're so down on Beagle. Hes not in van to score goals and pile up points. They dont have 4th line center prospects that he's holding back from an NHL job. The kids seeing a guy with a shiny new stanley cup ring in the line up can ask those stupid questions that kids tend to need to ask. Hes good in the dot and busts ass all over the ice. Plus he doesnt spend 40+ games a year on the IR.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ESQ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:16 am
SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:51 pm
Sure it does Broham - the price for EK after an 80 point season (which was in striking distance) is far different from the price for EK after a 52 game season.

Injuries are a top concern with EK, and this season did not help his case. It'll probably push down his price on a max-term deal.
Instead of 6-8 teams willing to give him $10-12M per year, you might only have 2-3... someone will pay him top dollar.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:43 am
Instead of 6-8 teams willing to give him $10-12M per year, you might only have 2-3... someone will pay him top dollar.
Well-said! Come on IN, join us and drink the EKoolaid!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:38 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:32 am

Not sure why you're so down on Beagle. Hes not in van to score goals and pile up points. They dont have 4th line center prospects that he's holding back from an NHL job. The kids seeing a guy with a shiny new stanley cup ring in the line up can ask those stupid questions that kids tend to need to ask. Hes good in the dot and busts ass all over the ice. Plus he doesnt spend 40+ games a year on the IR.
Exactly, come on Dude, we needed a shutdown centre for the fourth line, Beagle is perfect for that.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Dude with the flip-flop trolling already? :D

Remember how the PK completely cratered when the Beagle was injured and they went on that 10-game losing streak? Between that and the usual Tanev/Edler yearly injuries, I wouldn't be afraid to say if that didn't happen, we would have enough points right now to be in the wildcard or just outside of it.

Go ahead. Fire away, peeps.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hank wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:22 pm Dude with the flip-flop trolling already? :D

Remember how the PK completely cratered when the Beagle was injured and they went on that 10-game losing streak? Between that and the usual Tanev/Edler yearly injuries, I wouldn't be afraid to say if that didn't happen, we would have enough points right now to be in the wildcard or just outside of it.

Go ahead. Fire away, peeps.
Dude is flip flopping between threads - he's got Beagle as a keeper in the off-season thread!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

ESQ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:03 pm Dude is flip flopping between threads - he's got Beagle as a keeper in the off-season thread!
Dude has zero attention to detail.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!