Jim Ignitowski Benning

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Jim Ignitowski Benning

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Luo hitting the LTIR to wind it all down is the best case ontario possible for the canucks...is that the same for the pants?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:15 am Luo hitting the LTIR to wind it all down is the best case ontario possible for the canucks...is that the same for the pants?
Decidedly not. Is it confirmed for sure?
All I know is MG & LG shoulda known better. So should FA and at the end, so should AV, the stale one :evil:

And then there was; Image

Meh. Was it worth it?

At the end of the day. WE HAVE NO CUP. Damn it.

Someone send this to the walking taco. Thoughts, Blob?

I'll give a nickel to anyone that understands this post. ;)
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Whats a nickle?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:23 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:17 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:47 pm Given his age, Seattle might not even want him. They might prefer who's available between Demko/Markstrom.
It will be interesting if JM is still this good next fall. I would love to know if his season has been a result of development or more of a one and done. Hes spent years being mediocre so the sceptic in me needs to see him start a season at the same calibre.
If he does come back the same then i personally would look at dealing Demko for help in other positions rather than lose him to the draft
As great as Markstrom has been this year and depending upon what we see from Demko next season, I cant see how you move on from Demko. There is no one behind Demko, no Im not sold on Dipietro and even if I was he is several years away.
You can’t judge DiPietro on one game

I can see a similar Schdneider for Horvat type of trade with regards to Demko prior to the expansion draft. If he’s showcases enough, Canucks have no choice but trade one of them. One of them will certainly be snagged
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 am Whats a nickle?
good eye for a sunday morning.. :)
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 am Whats a nickle?
20% of 2bits
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:47 pm Given his age, Seattle might not even want him. They might prefer who's available between Demko/Markstrom.
Hmm that's a good point. I feel like there will be better goalies available then Demko, but surely Edler will be one of the 6 best defensemen available.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:55 am Hmm that's a good point. I feel like there will be better goalies available then Demko, but surely Edler will be one of the 6 best defensemen available.
I was thinking, maybe we should just offer Edler a one year contract at a high salary (like $7-$8M). This way, we don't have to protect him for the expansion draft and just tell him we intend to renegotiate a new deal with him next year.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:39 am
ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:55 am Hmm that's a good point. I feel like there will be better goalies available then Demko, but surely Edler will be one of the 6 best defensemen available.
I was thinking, maybe we should just offer Edler a one year contract at a high salary (like $7-$8M). This way, we don't have to protect him for the expansion draft and just tell him we intend to renegotiate a new deal with him next year.
The expansion draft for Seattle is 2 years away. Why would he take a one year deal and renegotiate again next year? Why would the team want to do that?

2 years with NMC or 4 years without.

If Edler wants to stay in Vancouver for his career, he takes 2 now and then a “retirement” contract after that.

He avoids being exposed and having to report to Seattle, the team doesn’t burn a protection spot, and both parties gain the opportunity to renegotiate again for the balance of his career.

Edler’s only risks are career ending injury with shorter insurance payout, or declining rapidly to the point where the Canucks don’t want to extend him. But the latter is highly unlikely.

The Canucks risk having to pay him more than they would like in 2 years if he remains a steady producer.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:55 am
Hmm that's a good point. I feel like there will be better goalies available then Demko, but surely Edler will be one of the 6 best defensemen available.
Unless Demko tanks he will be among the best goaltenders 25 or younger. If he’s projecting in his current curve he will be one of the most desirable goaltenders available because he will be just hitting his 6 year window of prime as a goaltender.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

wtf Demko is staying lol, in his short tenure so far he seems pretty calming in net keeping the team in the games & he will only get better, he'll be good to grow with the new core here.

Let Marky showcase his skill for another year and then ship him out like Tampa did with Ben Bishop getting a prospect and a couple depth picks.

Demko upside >>> Marky, especially for the long term.

DiPietro is at least 3 years away from just beginning his NHL career as a backup, one more year of junior, two years or 3 years in the AHL.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Aren't Seattle going to pick two goaltenders? So one established vet and a young up-and-comer in Demko.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:51 pm
Unless Demko tanks he will be among the best goaltenders 25 or younger. If he’s projecting in his current curve he will be one of the most desirable goaltenders available because he will be just hitting his 6 year window of prime as a goaltender.
Honestly, I think they loathe the thought of letting go either goalie but at the same time, equally shiver at the idea of trading a first round pick.
So, right now, what do they "know" is desperately needed.
A high end,top six, dependable, good skating, hard hitting, when needed, point producing, winger. Not over 25.
A legitimate top 4 defense man that is not over 26 and has a cannon shot and a great plus/minus.
It's a huge ask.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:46 pm
Aren't Seattle going to pick two goaltenders? So one established vet and a young up-and-comer in Demko.
Every team has to expose their backup, Demko is a .500 goalie this year with a .903 SVP in the NHL and a .911 SVP in the AHL. I think its a little early to say he'll be protected, or that he'd be selected in the draft over Edler.

Besides, whatever happens, one of Marky or Demko is going to be exposed. If Demko has played himself in a position that he might be selected by Seattle, then there isn't much that can be done unless we give up an asset to protect an extra goalie (which would be dumb, imo).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:58 pm whatever happens, one of Marky or Demko is going to be exposed.
Or one of them is traded to a team that then protects him.
____
Try to focus on someday.