Quinn Hughes time begins!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Quinn Hughes time begins!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread haven’t seen Rasmus Dahlin play a shift of hockey
So you fellow west coaster Canuck fan like us can confidently claim to have watched Dahlin play more games than us and have viewed him enough to claim that Hughes will never be better or as good as Dahlin?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Remember Blob preferred - Bouchard (boy is he ever looking like another shitty pick by Edmonton) and Dobson instead of Hughes.

Blob loves DeBrincat - 5’-3” - 120 lbs.

Should we draft Caufield? Or a behemoth slug like Dach (the next Gaunce)? DeBrincat says no to the behemoth. Quinn Hughes says “you got that right, Caulfield!”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I preferred Bouchard?

Provide proof.

I absolutely like Dobson and I like what Hughes brings. I would have been happy with either though I do have concerns about size.

I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times. He will be a multiple Norris Trophy winner.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread haven’t seen Rasmus Dahlin play a shift of hockey
I’ve watched him lots. Quinn has the mobility to open up the ice and the hockey sense and vision to put the puck on the open mans stick. He’s another Elias Pettersson. Once he gets some chemistry with brock Elias and the other forwards watch out. I’m all in on the Hughes hype train.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:26 pm Benning does it again, Hughes will be the best player of his draft year. Two years in a row.
:lol: great start... but it’s one game in garbage time.
Exactly, imagine how good he’ll be when it’s must win situations!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 am
I’ve watched him lots.
With a Labrador wearing a blue vest?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No surprise you missed the 43 minutes he played against the Canucks this season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 am
No surprise you missed the 43 minutes he played against the Canucks this season.

Did I? You guys infatuation with how much I watch is rather creepy.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hughes has those Crosby toes. After he came out from his bounce past to himself off the back of the net, he spun out to the front with both toes pointed outward Crosby style when he took the shot that led to Boeser’s goal. He has great skating and edge work. Yah his size might lead to him getting out muscled at times and lead to defensive issues, but his skating could make him an offensive nightmare for other teams to cover. He could be a Paul Coffey or Phil Housely type defenseman very soon, the type of defenseman the Canucks have never had. That’s very exciting.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am I preferred Bouchard?

Provide proof.

I do have concerns about size.

Blob LOVES DeBrincat - 5’-6” - 160 lbs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am

I’ve watched Dahlin more than a dozen times.
Show your math!

Which games?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am

Show your math!

Which games?
Kudos! It’s guys like the dude, strangelove, topper, and Mëds that are the lifeblood of these forums, the ability to show their math is what makes this the best Canucks forum on the internet
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Show your math!

Which games?
Kudos! It’s guys like the dude, strangelove, topper, and Mëds that are the lifeblood of these forums, the ability to show their math is what makes this the best Canucks forum on the internet
Sure puppet.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Show your math!

Which games?
Sure puppet.
I don’t think he’s a puppet but he sure enjoys licking a few asscracks
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:56 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Show your math!

Which games?
Sure puppet.
I don’t think he’s a puppet but he sure enjoys licking a few asscracks
Puppet or "friend" but he sure seems to follow RD around a lot, with just enough disagreement to throw you off thinking he is a "puppet". Anyways he and others are always a good read.