Canucks @ Stars. 4 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Canucks @ Stars. 4 pm

Post by Jovocop »

Per wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:35 pm Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
via email, #NHL has responded to my request for an explanation on Khudobin vs Pettersson penalty shot in last #Canucks game

Basically told him it was a hockey play where in attempting to poke check he inadvertently lost control of his stick. He didn’t throw the stick. That’s a tight interpretation of the rule to ass cover. So they felt they had insufficient evidence to overturn the call on the ice. In other words, had they called it a goal it would have stood.
Bullshit! In hockey you are responsible for your stick at all times.
If you inadvertently slash someone in the face, you are penalized.
If you inadvertently trip someone, you are penalized.
Inadvertently is not an excuse in hockey. I call bullshit.
The NHL is always a joke. One thing for sure is that the NHL is consistently inconsistent with calls.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If he were poke checking, his body would be moving forward and reaching towards the puck. His body is moving backwards and laterally.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:29 pm If he were poke checking, his body would be moving forward and reaching towards the puck. His body is moving backwards and laterally.
Yeah. I could possibly have bought it if the stick touched the puck before leaving the hand, but it doesn't.
He clearly throws the stick at the puck, and it has already left his hand before impact. It's a goal.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.