Canucks @ Stars. 4 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Canucks @ Stars. 4 pm

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nice to see Tim the Toolman Schaeller have a good game. He had a tough year, but I don't we have seen what he can really do. He has taken some flack on this board, but I watched some of his highlights from Boston and he scored some nice greasy goals by driving to the net. I wouldn't mind bringing him back to camp, give him another chance and let him battle for a roster spot.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

fullscreen;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQGhk4LctmQ&t=14s

The penalty shot. Dig the background music, IRON MAN... 8-)

.......THREW IT. auto-goal by the rules.

fullscreen;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMmDozRc0I

Post game; Schaller and Pettersson;https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-67005103
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Full shootout;

Fullscreen;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTm1S1vCVw&t=36s

A win for the moral of the team. Like out of nowhere. Tim Schaller. OK. Play with Petey & Brock and a super hero is born,

Markstrom is one of the best goalies in the league right now. Don't think that aint gettin noticed.
Looks like he has the energy to play till June! :cry: :cry:

Cannot even begin to express how bad I feel for Horvat having to scrub his way through this season.

Oh, and I pretty much agree with Carlee.
Figure about 12 to 14 point higher, maybe more.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nice to see the meat and potatoes guys in Motte and Schaller have two goal games. Nice to see Pettersson tie Bure. Was sure Boeser was going to set the record last year before his injury so nice to see Pettersson actually stay healthy and do it. Like to see him get another 10 points this year. Maybe 15??

D was OK but boy do we still have trouble in our own zone for long stretches. Wonder when we see Teves? Just nice to have a reason to watch. Hughes is getting close to that one week in a walking boot marker. Be nice to see him this year. Maybe next year he can break Pettersson"s rookie record :mrgreen:

Has Markstrom ever turned it around this year. Finally a goalie you think gives us a chance in the shoot out :mrgreen: But Green has to get Demko some work in this meaningless part of the season standings wise.

Boeser has played really well these last 4-5 games. He's been back checking and skating miles. I really like how he's developing in the O zone too, dragging the puck along the wall, dipsey doodling along with the puck. Ever since the iPad at the bench incident he's really stepped it up :mrgreen: Although Green did talk about him a couple of weeks ago and said just because players like Boeser are not a healthy scratch or get the shortened bench treatment doesn't mean the coaching staff isn't working with him on the inconsistencies in his game. One thing about Boeser is that throughout his career he has always been talked about as being very coachable. I just want a good off season from him and for him to show up to camp ready to go. Then I'll back off the lazy bum!

I find I rather like winning down the stretch even if it gives us a lower pick. Losing sucks.

Oh, and micky, thanks for taking the time to post the post game links. Don't know if I've thanked you before. I appreciate it!
The only HW the Canucks need
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Dallas goalie didn't want to make on the highlight of the night for getting undressed by Petey so he threw the stick. I cannot say I wouldn't do the same. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

On the stick throw.....

I wonder if Petey even knows that that should have been an automatic goal. His reaction was pretty tame, and I wonder if he had sold being pissed off a bit harder if it would have forced the right call.....I doubt it, but I still wonder.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am On the stick throw.....

I wonder if Petey even knows that that should have been an automatic goal. His reaction was pretty tame, and I wonder if he had sold being pissed off a bit harder if it would have forced the right call.....I doubt it, but I still wonder.
I'm still not totally clear whether or not the war room can initiate calls. Hybrid?
"evolution"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Take the win
Schaller deserves more ice time
Hoping for an other spoiler win over Chicago
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The own zone D is so bad they invite 3 forecheckers to the party.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carlyee wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 am If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.
I thought it was "eating aint cheating"
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The people in the war room should not get paid, as they were obviously not on the job! :evil:

As for Petey, according to Swedish papers he thought he had been poke checked, just like the refs thought, till he saw the video. I mean, the stick gets pushed back to the crease by Petey and the goalie picks it up again, so it was only gone from his hand for a second or two, but still illegal! :evil:

Hmmm... the gif doesn't work... how about this then?

https://twitter.com/JDylanBurke/status/ ... 2488632320
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
via email, #NHL has responded to my request for an explanation on Khudobin vs Pettersson penalty shot in last #Canucks game

Basically told him it was a hockey play where in attempting to poke check he inadvertently lost control of his stick. He didn’t throw the stick. That’s a tight interpretation of the rule to ass cover. So they felt they had insufficient evidence to overturn the call on the ice. In other words, had they called it a goal it would have stood.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ratster, you are on a 1-game winning streak.

Start the GDT against the Blahcocks and get Mick to fill in the details ;)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:35 pm Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
via email, #NHL has responded to my request for an explanation on Khudobin vs Pettersson penalty shot in last #Canucks game

Basically told him it was a hockey play where in attempting to poke check he inadvertently lost control of his stick. He didn’t throw the stick. That’s a tight interpretation of the rule to ass cover. So they felt they had insufficient evidence to overturn the call on the ice. In other words, had they called it a goal it would have stood.
Bullshit! In hockey you are responsible for your stick at all times.
If you inadvertently slash someone in the face, you are penalized.
If you inadvertently trip someone, you are penalized.
Inadvertently is not an excuse in hockey. I call bullshit.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:07 pm Ratster, you are on a 1-game winning streak.

Start the GDT against the Blahcocks and get Mick to fill in the details ;)
At the time I'm posting this,There is nothing to post yet? A little strange. I heard Baertchi is ready but ?
and assume Demko but ?
"evolution"