Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ya but he scored a big goal last night...just sayin. :P
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 pm Beagle sure the hell is NOT superb. If you mix in the Sutter and Gudbranson signings, with Bartkowski, Larsen, and many more it gets a fair bit worse.
He and Roussel are the only ones bringing in that gritty energy game in and game out.

Sutter/Guds aren't UFA signings.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:13 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 pm Beagle sure the hell is NOT superb. If you mix in the Sutter and Gudbranson signings, with Bartkowski, Larsen, and many more it gets a fair bit worse.
He and Roussel are the only ones bringing in that gritty energy game in and game out.

Sutter/Guds aren't UFA signings.
He can bring energy and grit all he wants. He gets buried in his own end to score three goals and make 3 million.

You’re right Sutter and Gudbranson aren’t technically UFA signings. But they are shitty signings.

Either way the pro scouting is garbage on this team and has been for years. If I get some time I’ll break down signings of UFAs, extensions and RFAs if you like. It won’t paint a pretty picture
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm He can bring energy and grit all he wants. He gets buried in his own end to score three goals and make 3 million.
Interesting. Yesterday, out of the blue, Tuna was all over Beagle for some reason.

Today it's Blob's turn.

Lol, Beagle hasn't had an offensive zone start since he got here!

Yet Blob and Tuna point to his lack of goals... :lol:

Earth to Tunablob, he's a gritty penalty-killer/shutdown guy.

And at our stage of the rebuild it's A-OKAY to overpay him to do that job...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm the pro scouting is garbage on this team and has been for years.
Hmmm... word for word and note for note, the same mantra that gets repeated 200 times per day at HF.

You need to stop reading there Blob, that's exactly what happened to poor old Eddy Punch Clock, may he RIP. :(

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm If I get some time I’ll break down signings of UFAs, extensions and RFAs if you like. It won’t paint a pretty picture
Oh please do!

It'll give me an excuse to put my size 12 daytons up yo ass so many times you'll start to enjoy it! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol are your feet size 12 from being flattened out like pancakes? I mean you trot around at 3 bills and something has to take that stress on 5ft 4. Come on boss. Those aren’t Dayton’s, they’re junior buster browns spray painted black. Do you still have the black and red Mac under the old black leather jacket? Big Blues? Levi’s? I’m thinking maybe French Cut for yourself. 8-)

Lol have a good weekend :mrgreen:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not surprised that Tuna and Blob were under the impression that Beagle was signed to put up points. Since when was that Beagles forte? Everybody in the league knows Beagles value and forte but for some weird and peculiar reason Blob and Tuna went dumb here
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:43 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:31 pm Blob wanted Benning to sign one of Ladd, Brouwer or Lucic
This needed to be said. :D
And said again
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:17 am
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:31 pm Blob wanted Benning to sign one of Ladd, Brouwer or Lucic
And said again
Because Loui Eriksson is any better.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:09 pm
And said again
Yes he is
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 pm
And said again
Yes he is
Go home Dude, you're drunk already.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I suggested Mikkel Bødker, who ended up signing $16mil/4yr deal with the Sharks.

Want to see my math comparing him and Loui? I get why Loui was signed. Didn't work out with he and the Sedins. I also get why Benning did not go the Oil gut the vet presence build route and I'm glad he didn't. Only a fool or bar slut would be.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:16 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 pm
And said again
Yes he is
Go home Dude, you're drunk already.
Straight until about an hour. Eriksson is putting up better numbers than Blobbees 3. Plus Loui is a helluva PK player. Lucic is a pastry chef - a ‘Turnover’ machine and is slow like Clowe
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lost in all of this is that Lucic was Benning's first choice but he turned Benning down to go to Edmonton. Louie was Benning's second choice. So we dodged a bullet when Lucic went to Edmonton. I hated the Erickson signing. To me they got him to see if he could recreate that magic with the twins. But he was never deployed properly. Any genius should have been able to predict that we'd be stuck with Ericksson long after the twins hung them up.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tired of talking about Eriksson, but he played his best with the classic power LW, a slower uber playmaker center and himself.

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Loui Eriksson
But David Krejci and Loui Eriksson are another twosome that's spent most of this season together with Eriksson swinging between the left and right side at times this season.

“It’s been fun for everybody,” said Krejci, who is still at a point-per-game clip with nine goals and 27 points in 27 games this season. “[Eriksson] is playing with a lot of confidence. It seems to have clicked together and we’re kind of feeding off each other. Hopefully it will snowball, and we can keep it going.

It’s interesting to see the Krejci and Eriksson combination work so well this season and how it’s clearly bringing the best out of the Swedish winger. It’s a combination that never seemed to work in the brief times it was tried in past years for the Black and Gold.

“I don’t know that it didn’t really work. I think that we had other options, and we were looking for different line combinations that would match up against different lines,” said Claude Julien. “I don’t think they were together long enough to see if they would really be compatible. This year we made the decision to put them together and stick with it instead of using someone else for that spot. So it’s worked out well.”

The biggest beneficiary is obviously Eriksson, who is on pace for 33 goals and 73 points in the final year of his contract. In the past couple of years it was necessary to leave Eriksson on the third line to get the most out of fellow Swede Carl Soderberg, but now the two-way right wing is obviously excelling while in a top-6 role with the B’s for the very first time.

Playing with a creative, playmaking force like the masterful Krejci certainly doesn’t hurt for a guy like Eriksson either.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/boston ... ing-season

And James Neal - Brad Richards - Loui Eriksson
"Brad and Loui worked well together last year," Neal said. "Brad is so good at finding the open guy and pulling D-men [defencemen]into him and dishing it off. He showed that last year - look at how many goals Loui scored.

"I just try to fit myself in, try to be a physical presence but at the same time be good around the net and always shoot the puck."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/ ... cle792925/

For whatever reason Green just uses him as a checker/pk guy, has no desire at all to try to get Loui in a scoring role.

Prior to Loui Eriksson arriving with the Canucks he avg .77, .58, .61, .60 and .87 points per game in each consecutive season, while with the Canucks it's been .32, .46 and .37ppg, production cut in half almost here.

Which is why I believe Eriksson would do well with a change of scenery far away from Travis Green and his stubborn ways.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.