Canucks at Vegas on spn1 1 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks at Vegas on spn1 1 pm

Post by Rocky Dennis »

87 shot attempts. Still 5 min to go
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Yah! Gaudette got a shot!
Gaudette got a shot!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:22 pm Yah! Gaudette got a shot!
Gaudette got a shot!
I don't think he was credited with one. But he's still got over three times as many shots in the last six games as does the $6M Thief. But I think your point was that the team got a shot. Didn't catch the number of minutes they went without one but I know it was embarrassing. Not to mention giving Fleury his 2nd shutout in a row and letting Carpenter match a career high in points With his first goal since Jan 12th
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Dude: Why does Green get a free pass? Everyone thinks our coaching is fine. No it isn't.
The guy I wanted, WAS COACHING THE OTHER TEAM TODAY.
If this is what the potential new prospects are going to be subject to; See above.
If it isn't Green causing the confusion, who is it? If it's as simple of getting rid of his staff, do it.
The way it sits right now, NO positive development will be occurring any time soon.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

It’s not really fair. One game they face Richardson and the next Carpenter. Who’s the next generational player they have to go up against?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hopefully the show girls had more energy the last couple of nights.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:48 pm Image

Dude: Why does Green get a free pass? Everyone thinks our coaching is fine. No it isn't.
The guy I wanted, WAS COACHING THE OTHER TEAM TODAY.
If this is what the potential new prospects are going to be subject to; See above.
If it isn't Green causing the confusion, who is it? If it's as simple of getting rid of his staff, do it.
The way it sits right now, NO positive development will be occurring any time soon.
The guy coaching the other team has a lot more talent to work with
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 pm I quite enjoyed that.
:wow:

:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

So that is how are playoff hopes die, with a whimper.

BTW: I am starting to think Pettersson is playing through an injury.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

theman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:15 pm So that is how are playoff hopes die, with a whimper.

BTW: I am starting to think Pettersson is playing through an injury.
I agree. There was a report of him coming out of the medical/trainers room well after the game against the avs was over. This is apparently indicative of some sort of undisclosed injury
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I suppose it's better for the overall health of the organization to be out of it this early and hopefully secure a better pick than to lose out on the final day of the season.

Thankfully Benning exercised common sense TDD and didn't give into he temptation to trade for a few stop gaps to make a push for the playoffs this year. Bright spots.

Goldobin has played well these past few games. I think his overall game is coming. He has elite skills and if his shots ever start to find the corners he can be a 35+ goal score. I've never seen a player hit so many posts and crossbars in one season. Try telling him an inch or two doesn't matter!

With Baertschi and Virtanen out we slowed down up front. I hope Baertschi is able to overcome his issues. Shut him down for the season! We have him under contract so there is no rush to get him back this year.

I can see the Canucks giving Boeser a bridge deal around 5-6 million. He has warts in his game and he needs to show he's willing to correct those. I think he will. All accounts are that he is very coachable.

Pettersson does have an injury. His knee and hip are bothering him. He's been told he isn't risking further injury by playing. It's one of those things a good off season will help.

Canucks are souring a bit on Demko. There is this prima donna thing. But he is very receptive to coaching and is a perfectionist. Markstrom's play is a welcome relief and a bit of surprise to the team. But it has made them feel more comfortable bringing Demko along slowly. He will have to fight for the net next year as it should be. The Canucks had several teams inquire about Markstrom at the TDD but obviously were not offering enough to tempt the Canucks. But they see it as a good problem right now. Dipietro is a good 3 years away from getting another sniff, barring injuries of course. So the Canucks feel they can take their time with Demko both on and off the ice. There is thought that Markstrom may have another 4-5 good years and if Dipietro comes along as they hope then.....but we are a long way off from that.

The Canucks are holding a firm line on Edler. They are prepared to give him 3 years but only if they can work out the trade protection so they can expose him if need be, and need will probably be. He feels he should be protected and so far isn't budging. I've been told the Canucks are prepared to let him walk. Oh, they did try to trade him because they feel this is an impasse that may not soon be settled. If Linden were still here he'd be locked up for 3-4 years with a full NMC. It was one area where he had major disagreement with Benning on.

I like Gaudette's game. time in Utica did him wonders. He's playing with so much more confidence. I do expect Sutter to be traded. In fact if not for the injury he may very well have been gone already. Before his injury there was a lot of interest. Have no idea what type of return we were looking at but the Canucks were willing to pull the trigger. Gaudette has come along faster than they thought and Beagle is playing more like they wanted Sutter to.

Ericksson. What can one say?

I'm back to only watching to see the kids. With them all slumping its painful. I want to see Gaudette get a lot more TOI and Goldobin too. Hopefully Hughes gets a taste this year. Gonna keep my eye on the Calder race. Other than that there isn't much to be excited about until next season I guess.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

post-game; Horvat;https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-66545603

"We’re in the fire right now. At this point of the year, during these games you either let the fire refine you and you come out a better player and team on top because of it, or you let it burn you. We have to let this make us better. This is a hard stretch. We’ve had moments but we have not been good enough especially for poor Marky. It’s hard to watch & be a part of. We have to be better and continue to work on our game as individuals & as a team. We have to let this make us better and refine us." - Beagle

“We weren’t good. We can’t be doing that to Marky. He had such a great game. To put up a goose egg for him, that hurts even more.” - Hutton

"We looked overwhelmed and did not look very good. I'm not surprised they were good. We couldn't handle them. We were not good at all tonight, good thing our goalie was. Their fourth line dominated every line we put out against them... you gotta want the puck in this kinda game. I thought we had some guys that weren't hungry enough, to be honest. I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed in our game tonight, I know our team is. I don't say that a lot but tonight we were bad, and we're gonna have to be better." - Green
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:34 pm
In other words, Green is in over his head?

Again?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:49 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:34 pm
In other words, Green is in over his head?

Again?
No. In other words the team he’s coaching is the shits
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

With the structure the Canuck's coaching staff implement, (and I use that term loosely), It would make Tampa and Nashville
look like scrubs.
"evolution"