GDT: 28/02/19; Canucks vs Coyotes>6pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 28/02/19; Canucks vs Coyotes>6pm>SNETP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 pm Hutton and Stecher are at the very worst the 3rd and 4th best d men on the team when healthy. They more often hsn earn their money.

We need better 1 and 2 guys. At this point with the regression in their games, Tanev and Edler aren’t much better than those guys if they even are.

Need more talent at the top.
Hank wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:54 pm Yeah, at this point Tanev, Edler and Hutton are all legitimate 3/4 guys. Stecher is a 5/6 in my books. This team absolutely needs a stud at the top.
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:24 pm ... As far as the team goes it highlights how deficit we are in the top six. He can be shut down and we don’t have a response.
Good analyses. On the bright side, it seems that the Canucks are only 3 or 4 players away. If you could add a solid first defensive pairing (as in two of the 50 or so best defencemen in the League), and one or two offensively talented, legitimate NHL top-six forwards, with everybody else moving down as appropriate, I think they'd be a pretty good team. Shouldn't be too big an ask this off-season for a genius GM.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:09 pm
Rocky Dennis wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:24 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm And Boeser stopped skating. Surprise.
I can't stand seeing lazy shit like that. You see quite a bit of that from Brock. If he's going to continue that sort of effort on a regular basis, and it seems he is, he's going to need to bump up that production to preinjury levels (or better) or he will quickly fall out of favour with fans and the brass alike.
Is Boeser still not 100%? Yes, it is frustrating to see a player with that much skill being lazy.
Not even close. Didn't help taking a cross check right in the same area of the back last night in Denver.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm
Yet no tough love from Green?
Ill give him some Reef. Him and his staff. Doesn't there have to be some accountability for almost the entire team not looking
ready to play two nights in a row? Sure; Players have to take blame but a game plan helps. I didn't see one for two straight
now. What's up with that?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:31 pm Bit of a train wreck, that was. No injuries, though, right?

Looked like the preseason, everyone's lost.
Don't know how it can be said better than that..
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Public skating session Game lowlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IjKStWlWc0

post game; Roussel and Edler, the depressed version;
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-66429803
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 pm
Jovocop wrote:
The truth is that he was not dirt cheap when he left the Canucks. His contract at the time was $6.25m for 3 years.
And he wasn’t foundational so no point in keeping him around when you could trade assets and resign someone to a more lucrative contract to do a less productive but more foundational job.
:mrgreen:
:lol: Salty!

How many goals does Sutter have this season?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm
Yet no tough love from Green?
Ill give him some Reef. Him and his staff. Doesn't there have to be some accountability for almost the entire team not looking
ready to play two nights in a row? Sure; Players have to take blame but a game plan helps. I didn't see one for two straight
now. What's up with that?
Maybe the plan was to be 2 steps behind every play and to toss the season for some draft day reinforcements
If you need air...call it in
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:24 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm And Boeser stopped skating. Surprise.
I can't stand seeing lazy shit like that. You see quite a bit of that from Brock. If he's going to continue that sort of effort on a regular basis, and it seems he is, he's going to need to bump up that production to preinjury levels (or better) or he will quickly fall out of favour with fans and the brass alike.
Colorado fans wanted Brockstar at the deadline. If I was GMJB i would have traded brockstar for Ottawa's first round pick so fast I would have went back in time.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lil' trojan stands behind two dog forwards at the edge of the creas and watches them score.

Edler with a dumb pinch and Brockey_Hockey on the back check

Biega, with the non block. Taking away the pass is the D job on a 2 on 1. Drop to the ice and block it.

Team looked tired and lost. Have they quit on the season?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So what I’ve heard, you can guess.....

The team’s annual run in with the flu started two days before the Colorado game. A number of players playing through. Now that certainly doesn’t explain the season but it may shed some light on these last two game performances. All except Boeser that his. He’s going to have score 50 goals a year for me to give him a pass on his lazy play. As gifted as he is, as exciting as he can be, I have an aversion to passengers. Can’t wait to rip him a new one come camp.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:46 am So what I’ve heard, you can guess.....

The team’s annual run in with the flu started two days before the Colorado game. A number of players playing through. Now that certainly doesn’t explain the season but it may shed some light on these last two game performances. All except Boeser that his. He’s going to have score 50 goals a year for me to give him a pass on his lazy play. As gifted as he is, as exciting as he can be, I have an aversion to passengers. Can’t wait to rip him a new one come camp.
If he's at camp.
"evolution"
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

On lazy/injured/tired Brock, my sarcastically favorite moment of last night's game was once when the Dogs transitioned out of the D zone and Boeser and Goldobin were deep on the same wall. Goldy was closer to get in the backheck than Boeser. Boeser's solution was to push Goldy with his stick rather than also put his head down and skate. Leadership! Helping teammates!

Demko was bad. The Coyotes missed the net a couple of times where the cage yawned because Demko was out of position. On the first goal, his angle was terrible. Richardson was only going to shoot there, don't think he had room to pull it to the middle. Cut down the angle. Have an angle! On the second, he was misaligned. All and all, I was having Bad Cloutier flashbacks, the way Dan sometimes played when you could tell he expected to be scored on. But no, it isn't time to move on. First game in 6 weeks. It happens.

As for Biega's play on the 2 on 1, yeah, he could have gotten down, but it was the 3rd guy in that scored. His job wasn't to block the pass to Richardson, but the back door pass.

The team is out of gas. I am concerned that this could quickly devolve into not playing for one another instead of how it ended last year, where guys were fighting for NHL jobs and spots on the team and played hard.
Hono_rary Canadian
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:46 am So what I’ve heard, you can guess.....

I think you are being somewhat unfair he might not be sick with the flu but I'm not sure he's 100% healthy either...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I watched Boesser play a game in college and he did the same thing. I thought at the time that he was floating and not at all worried about the back end. He got 2 points in the game, so all was forgiven. In the time since, I've watched this part of his game (granted from a TV screen) show up as a regular habit, so we shouldn't be surprised when makes a glaring error like he did last night.

If he's scoring and the team is winning - we don't really care. If the team is losing and he's not producing, it's a problem. I'm sure the scouts saw this part of his game before he was drafted, and I'm sure the coaches see it every night. Everything I've read about the kid points to a 'character guy', so you would think the coaching staff could have a serious talk with him about floating around the ice when he should be hustling his ass back.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

micky107 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:12 am

If he's at camp.
This is almost the wrong thread for this now, but when I say "If he's at camp", I'm not denoting a potential trade, I am pointing out that it is his contract year and it is beyond my comprehension that he wouldn't be putting his best skate forward.
I'm gonna play crappy so the team can pay me less so they can acquire better players. Who does that. NO ONE.
Think about it. If you had to judge his value, based on what he's looked like lately, (which I think is, for the most part, pain related), you'd
probably be bridging him 2 years at 3.8 or 1 year at 4. Trust me, that aint happening.

Now he may be willing to take the same contract as Horvat did. Like I said, wrong thread, but THOUGHTS ?
Sorry Corn, just noticing you got one in in front of me but I'll let it rip anyways..
"evolution"