GDT: 27/02/19; Canucks vs Avs>6:30pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 27/02/19; Canucks vs Avs>6:30pm>SNETP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Mëds wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 pm
Hank wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:18 pm Why did they keep going to Varlamov's 5-hole after it clearly didn't work after the second time?

Marky was a hero tonight.
Yeah. Just came here to rant about that.

I almost never agree with Garrett, but his question about why every Canuck was trying to go 5-hole when the only Vancouver scorer, Boeser, went high glove.....

Maybe coaches should be more involved with their players in the shootout and after 3 straight 5 hole attempts that get turned away they tell the bench that the next guy who tries to go 5-hole is watching from the press box next game.

Horrid effort in the shootout.
Yeah agree with both of you - was infuriating to see that many 5-hole attempts when it clearly wasn't working and the one that did go in was high glove-side.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 pm Image

Sorry, I'm pissed. Marky deserved better. War room didn't want to change the call on the ice in OT.
What if that was in an playoff elimination game?
The ref made the wrong call on the ice saying Pearson pushed the puck in by pushing the goalie. But in the end, no goal was the correct call. There was definitely goaltender interference. The puck was clearly loose and went in off Pearson"s skate, a non kicking motion so in ordinary circumstances good goal. But he drove into the goalie on the play. I think the war room just tried to circumvent calling it a good goal then having a successful challenge by the Avs.

The other thing to consider is that it wasn't really reviewable call.

It didn't cost us, or Marky the game. Our two glaring giveaways did.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:14 pm Yeah agree with both of you - was infuriating to see that many 5-hole attempts when it clearly wasn't working and the one that did go in was high glove-side.
Yeah, I agree. I had no idea why all our guys kept going 5-hole after Petey: Golds, Spooner, Granimal. Couldn't those guys see Varlamov was covering it up? Maybe Varlamov was spreading his legs like a cheap slut, tempting our weak horny guys to go for it there, only to take it away last second. :lol:

Man, Marky Mark was a wall. Is he playing better even than Lou's prime years for us? Something to bring up in one of the main threads, but what do we do with Marky as he will be a UFA after next season.

The turnovers were a killer tonite. First, BoHo and Spooner just watched the puck go by them and then Granimal gets his pocket picked. Overall, I like the Granimal, but that was pathetic. I used to think that he had some under-rated skills, but he's looking like Greener has him pegged as: an average middle 6 player.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:03 pm
The ref made the wrong call on the ice saying Pearson pushed the puck in by pushing the goalie. But in the end, no goal was the correct call. There was definitely goaltender interference. The puck was clearly loose and went in off Pearson"s skate, a non kicking motion so in ordinary circumstances good goal. But he drove into the goalie on the play. I think the war room just tried to circumvent calling it a good goal then having a successful challenge by the Avs.

Pearson had help going into the goalie. It was a good goal.
Pretty sure the War room called to talk to the officials. At that point I was sure it was being called back.

It doesn't matter, we sucked and deserved to lose,(not the Mark though)
Boeser took a bad cross check to his back, his bad back, I was worried about that but he got better as the game wore on.
But know there's this.

Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
I know nothing more than this: I saw #Canucks Pettersson emerge from the Avs medical room long after tonight's game. That fact alone is a red flag and certainly something worth monitoring moving forward
10:25 PM - Feb 27, 2019

Here's the ugly game;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RhOZAn5aNk
Actually a better angle on the no-goal.

Post game; Pearson & Markstrom :cry: https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-66363903
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Disagree mick. It was a good no goal call. If it had happened to Markstrom we'd be all over the refs to disallow that goal. The call on the ice was that he shoved the goalie causing the puck to come loose. In the end the officials seemed to agree. Sometimes you have to take off rose coloured glasses. I know! It's hard for me to take them off sometimes. Watching that play I had no expectation that that would be called a good goal, in fact I would have been shocked. Thats the type of shit Pearson did all the time to us and we would all scream bloody murder. Now, I like he is a Canuck and goes hard to the net like that. We've needed players like that.
The only HW the Canucks need
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

agreed it was a no goal.

The glaring gave-aways and pathetic PP cost us the game
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

micky107 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:03 pm

Pearson had help going into the goalie. It was a good goal.
Pretty sure the War room called to talk to the officials. At that point I was sure it was being called back.

It doesn't matter, we sucked and deserved to lose,(not the Mark though)
Boeser took a bad cross check to his back, his bad back, I was worried about that but he got better as the game wore on.
But know there's this.

Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
I know nothing more than this: I saw #Canucks Pettersson emerge from the Avs medical room long after tonight's game. That fact alone is a red flag and certainly something worth monitoring moving forward
10:25 PM - Feb 27, 2019

Here's the ugly game;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RhOZAn5aNk
Actually a better angle on the no-goal.

Post game; Pearson & Markstrom :cry: https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-66363903
What happened to Petey? I missed the entire game thanks to my fucking "day" job.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

EP - he seems injury prone, time to move on from him.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:10 am EP - he seems injury prone, time to move on from him.
More than half of the current Canucks are injury prone. :mrgreen:
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Yup. Trade him for the #1 pick. :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:10 am EP - he seems injury prone, time to move on from him.
I know you're kidding, but it's a real concern. It was a concern for other GMs, or he would have been drafted even higher.

[This is a public service post. Now that I've typed this, EP will go on a 400 game iron-man streak, so that you can quote this post and laugh.]
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:37 am
[This is a public service post. Now that I've typed this, EP will go on a 400 game iron-man streak, so that you can quote this post and laugh.]
No one will laugh because you will be;
"evolution"