GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 pm Boeser was gassed and quit out there.
Astute observation. Didn't even try.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 pm Boeser was gassed and quit out there.
It started from who?

Lil' Trojan
Boeser and Pettersson we’re heading to the bench but stayed when Stetcher got the puck and began to transition. Then they got caught. They needed to head off. It was selfish. They’ve done it before on OT and once it worked and they scored. But that’s it, it worked once. They both have a habit of staying too long in OT. Pettersson can get away with it, Boeser can’t.

Stetcher did what he was supposed to.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

rats19 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:03 pm Come on tiger.... EP your up

Thank Gaud for 1 point !
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:21 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:32 pm
It started from who?

Lil' Trojan
Boeser and Pettersson we’re heading to the bench but stayed when Stetcher got the puck and began to transition. Then they got caught. They needed to head off. It was selfish. They’ve done it before on OT and once it worked and they scored.

Just wondering WTF Stecher is out there at all. He is useless as a goal scorer. Far better to put on a 3rd forward

Stetcher did what he was supposed to.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, another tuff lost tonite. Sir Pooalot with another big dump @ a bad time taking a penalty late in the game. The Hockey Gaud went from goat (missing his guy) to hero scoring late to tie the game. I wasn't sure why he was back out there after that missed assignment, but Greener made the right call. Gaud just ripped that shot top shelf, didn't he had that kind of shot in him. Hope to see it more. That's 2 big goals from the young centre in the last 3 games; he's looking like he has the makings of a clutch player.

The Rouster with a good game, 2 very nice assists. His passing ability is way better than I thought. Combine this with his grit, energy and defensive awareness, Greener should try him with Petey-Brockstar. The Granimal with a good game early on as well, nice little pass between the legs to setup the first goal.

The new guys looked ok. Spooner made some nice plays and had a couple nice chances, but with not much finish. It's pretty obvious to see why he's on his 4th NHL club in like a span of year. Sautner looked pretty good, threw a few hits and played a safe/steady game. If he can become a Ryan Stanton type guy, he'd be a good find/addition.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

You noticed Todd.
NO WAY that should have been a loss. Definitely a bit game rusty but FFS.

Pouliot needs to be gone;Image

There have to be better options. Why does he keep getting chances? Guess he's a look good in practice guy. No clue why?
Sometimes you just gotta pull the plug.
Enough..

Post game, Green and Gaudette;

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-66112703

full-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veva_mR0XM8&t=21s

well, guess this puts me out for a wee bit, not that I believe in luck. except maybe when a puck goes off both posts and stays out,
but then bounces into the net off Pouliot's head.
Ya, I know, it was Boeser's stick but you know what I mean. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:45 pm You noticed Todd.
NO WAY that should have been a loss. Definitely a bit game rusty but FFS.

Pouliot needs to be gone;

There have to be better options. Why does he keep getting chances? Guess he's a look good in practice guy. No clue why?
Sometimes you just gotta pull the plug.
Enough..
Yeah, I thought Dumpalot was actually pretty good most of the game, but I must admit I was kind of nervous seeing him out there late in the game. I'd take Del Zotto over him. Hopefully Greener and mgmt are just planning that Poo Bear is a temporary fill in until Hughes signs.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 pm Boy, another tuff lost tonite. Sir Pooalot with another big dump @ a bad time taking a penalty late in the game. The Hockey Gaud went from goat (missing his guy) to hero scoring late to tie the game. I wasn't sure why he was back out there after that missed assignment, but Greener made the right call. Gaud just ripped that shot top shelf, didn't he had that kind of shot in him. Hope to see it more. That's 2 big goals from the young centre in the last 3 games; he's looking like he has the makings of a clutch player.

The Rouster with a good game, 2 very nice assists. His passing ability is way better than I thought. Combine this with his grit, energy and defensive awareness, Greener should try him with Petey-Brockstar. The Granimal with a good game early on as well, nice little pass between the legs to setup the first goal.

The new guys looked ok. Spooner made some nice plays and had a couple nice chances, but with not much finish. It's pretty obvious to see why he's on his 4th NHL club in like a span of year. Sautner looked pretty good, threw a few hits and played a safe/steady game. If he can become a Ryan Stanton type guy, he'd be a good find/addition.
Luke Schenn must be terrible. I like Macewen better than Schaller. I think I'm ok with Spooner taking over from Granlund/Goldobin next year.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Canucks started the game by playing safe, off the boards and out defence. Problem was, the Coyotes controlled the neutral zone and simply re-entered the Canucks end. Oddly, nursing only a 1 goal lead, Vancouver returned to that for the third period. From the mid, point of the first, through most of the second, Vancouver was carrying the puck out of their zone and dumping it in from the Coyotes blueline. and were very effective at generating chances off the forecheck. Why did they strayed from that in the third?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Topper wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:59 am Canucks started the game by playing safe, off the boards and out defence. Problem was, the Coyotes controlled the neutral zone and simply re-entered the Canucks end. Oddly, nursing only a 1 goal lead, Vancouver returned to that for the third period. From the mid, point of the first, through most of the second, Vancouver was carrying the puck out of their zone and dumping it in from the Coyotes blueline. and were very effective at generating chances off the forecheck. Why did they strayed from that in the third?
Conservative and unimaginative coaching?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 pm Tonight we get to see one of Blobs Prototypical style of player he loves - Brad Richardson. A Jamie McGinn throwback
Brad Richardson has 11 goals. His cap hit is 1.25 million
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:11 am
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 pm Tonight we get to see one of Blobs Prototypical style of player he loves - Brad Richardson. A Jamie McGinn throwback
Brad Richardson has 11 goals. His cap hit is 1.25 million
But he isn’t “Foundational”. :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Carlyee wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:21 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 pm Boy, another tuff lost tonite. Sir Pooalot with another big dump @ a bad time taking a penalty late in the game. The Hockey Gaud went from goat (missing his guy) to hero scoring late to tie the game. I wasn't sure why he was back out there after that missed assignment, but Greener made the right call. Gaud just ripped that shot top shelf, didn't he had that kind of shot in him. Hope to see it more. That's 2 big goals from the young centre in the last 3 games; he's looking like he has the makings of a clutch player.

Luke Schenn must be terrible. I like Macewen better than Schaller. I think I'm ok with Spooner taking over from Granlund/Goldobin next year.
5 points and -11 in 42 games (Spooner) vs.
25 points and -6 in 52 (Goldie) and
19 points and -6 in 59 (Granlund)

I am not ok with Spoons replacing either unless he improves significantly over the remainder of the season.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:30 am
Carlyee wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:21 am

5 points and -11 in 42 games (Spooner) vs.
25 points and -6 in 52 (Goldie) and
19 points and -6 in 59 (Granlund)

I am not ok with Spoons replacing either unless he improves significantly over the remainder of the season.
I would suggest perhaps you expand your sample size. Spooner is -20 in his career. Granlund is -41 in only slightly fewer games. Goldobin is already -19 in a third as many games as Spooner. The only reason Goldobin has any points is EP40. Taking a myopic view based on this shitty season for western teams is probably not appropriate. But hey you do you.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I wouldn’t be upset if all three of those forwards were playing for different teams next season
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”